Options

--Resurrection(US pace)Season 1--

Comments

• Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I liked it, was predictable though as soon as I saw the second returnee I knew he was going to be maggies friends dad
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was okay. I hope the returnees do more than resolve past conflicts.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying this too so far. Although, I did like the French series I'm glad to read that this won't be an exact copy of that.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm worried this show will go the way of 'Under the Dome' and just be one big tease.

EP2 and we have 3 teases.

1. The dead father whispers to the boy, and guess what? We don't get to hear what he said. 'Just lies'. rolleyes

2. They open the coffin to see if the boy is still in it, and guess what, again?
    We don't get to see what is or isn't in it. rolleyes x 2

3. The girl meet the bloke who was with her mother when he died, he goes inside his house and says to someone 'She has found us' and guess what? We don't see who he is talking too.

The returned father is annoying. Please stop with the whistling, it isn't spooky or creepy it is just annoying.

I just hope we don't get a crappy storyline about him being a robber or something and he is just after his money or drugs.

So much promise wasted with these shows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Well i have to say i will stick to this, enjoyed the 2nd episode even if it was annoying that we didn't get to see inside the coffin, or who the guy was talking to when he said " she's found us" though i'm assuming it maybe the girl's mother.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm worried this show will go the way of 'Under the Dome' and just be one big tease.

1. The dead father whispers to the boy, and guess what? We don't get to hear what he said. 'Just lies'. rolleyes

2. They open the coffin to see if the boy is still in it, and guess what, again?

3. The girl meet the bloke who was with her mother when he died, he goes inside his house and says to someone 'She has found us' and guess what? We don't see who he is talking too.

The returned father is annoying. Please stop with the whistling, it isn't spooky or creepy it is just annoying.

I just hope we don't get a crappy storyline about him being a robber or something and he is just after his money or drugs.

Yes, it just feels like a forced attempt to create mystery, doesn't it? I think the writers need to stop trying so hard to be all mysterious like Lost. Doesn't work at all and feels shallow.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    I don't mind teasers as long as they do start answering them in the next few episodes and then bring some new ones in to move the story along. Just not like Lost that just kept adding more and more ??? to the point were they themselves didn't have a clue what was going on.
  • Options
    alexjonesalexjones Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

well nto sure about first 2 but pretty sure I know the answer to the third question.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind teasers as long as they do start answering them in the next few episodes and then bring some new ones in to move the story along. Just not like Lost that just kept adding more and more ??? to the point were they themselves didn't have a clue what was going on.

I agree. If they start to drag it out then I think I will lose interest pretty quick. Liking it so far, though.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks really good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Well the show is still being a tease.

So we know the body of the lad is in the coffin but to be honest it doesn't help much as it still doesn't mean it isn't the lad who has come back, nor does it mean it could be an imposter of some kind.

The father who is most probably a bank robber is just annoying, don't care about him.
    The sheriff is annoying too.

And please stop teasing us that the lad's father might have a heart attack, we get it, he is holding his left arm alot.

We have another resurrection with the vicar's ex wife.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has everyone else given up on it already?

Yes they are not answering much yet but it's early, Just depends how long they can stretch it out before people stop being interested.

"The father who is most probably a bank robber is just annoying"
    Yes it should be enough working out what is going on with the dead coming back, but when they have to have one who has also got a secret to hide, you feel that they can't have much else to say. Which isn't a good sign.
  • Options
    Dare_AllanDare_Allan Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes a good opening episode. Looking forward to finding out what is happening, hope they don't string it out too long like they have done with 'Under the Dome' and other shows of this type.

How can the viewer trust US Network television to produce "mystery" shows requiring answers to questions when the premise of US Network television is that the mystery can never be answered.

How many times does a series like Lost need to be made before viewers realise that if its not a properly arced story with limited run set in stone, it will always disappoint the viewer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dare_Allan wrote: »
    How can the viewer trust US Network television to produce "mystery" shows requiring answers to questions when the premise of US Network television is that the mystery can never be answered.

How many times does a series like Lost need to be made before viewers realise that if its not a properly arced story with limited run set in stone, it will always disappoint the viewer.

Sadly that is the nature of TV especially American TV:

Do a pilot:
    It does well: Make a short first season
    If it's not well received then drop it

First season does well: Make some more
    First season loses ratings: Cancel it

Rinse and repeat for all following seasons.

So they won't make more unless it's pulling in the ratings and as soon as it doesn't it gets the chop.

Writers are then stuck between a rock and a hard place:
    They can't give the mystery away or they can't make more if needed.
    Then the show is cancelled and they are not given the chance to write the ending.

Lost just spiralled out of control with the TV people wanting more and more and the writers making up any old shit to fill that order without a hope in hell of wrapping it all up.

Breaking Bad was the best. They made more because it was popular, but after a good run, they had the bottle to say "That's it folks! This will be the last season" That gave them a whole season to end it correctly. But that is an exception to the rule.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking Bad was the best. They made more because it was popular, but after a good run, they had the bottle to say "That's it folks! This will be the last season" That gave them a whole season to end it correctly. But that is an exception to the rule.

I think that was my point, I specifically said Network TV because its the Networks that have this problem of refusing to allow properly arced shows while HBO/Showtime etc allow arcs and don't expect it to be drawn out forever.

And I think that may be one of the core reasons for the viewing pattern shift away from Network TV. The Procedurals still get some decent old school ratings, but the other sorts of shows particularly mystery shows get dire ratings on Networks.

They have lost the viewer trust.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They lost my trust when they cancelled the 4400.
    I'm still outraged about that.

I wasn't happy about Lost either. That felt like a waste of 6 years of my life, but at least they did end it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just hope they answer the question of 'Why are they coming back?'.

If the whole show is just about how their relatives deal with them coming back, and the poor side stories, then it will be a bitter disappointment.

The fact that the kid can 'feel' the father's presence (in a Highlander way) is hopeful and there seems to be a storm coming.

I also want to know if everyone who is coming back has come back at the same time (and just taken longer to get back to town). Also is it just this town's dead who are coming back?
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know people say this is based on a source different from the French 'The Returned' but the similarities are staggering. In the French show we have a brother who turns out to be a serial killer. Here the dad is a killer. In the French version the young man has committed suicide through a road accident: here it is the Pastor's wife.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So what have we leant from this week's episode 4:

Ex-dead people get the munchies.
    Ex-dead people have a psychic connection.
    (speculation) The son did the 2nd bank robbery to frame and get rid of Daddy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes I thought it might be the son who did the robbery rather than the father.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know people say this is based on a source different from the French 'The Returned' but the similarities are staggering. In the French show we have a brother who turns out to be a serial killer. Here the dad is a killer. In the French version the young man has committed suicide through a road accident: here it is the Pastor's wife.

Does seem to be a ridiculous level of "co-incidence" between this and Les Revenants, If the pastor has a self-help centre on the edge of town, someone oughtta be getting sued.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think he's smart enough to pull it off.

I also don't think the Dad is stupid enough to commit the same crime, knowing everyone around him is suspicious of him. Unless going to prison is of no consequence to him, because he is on borrowed time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I don't think he's smart enough to pull it off.

I also don't think the Dad is stupid enough to commit the same crime, knowing everyone around him is suspicious of him. Unless going to prison is of no consequence to him, because he is on borrowed time.

The robber didn't look as quite as chubby as the son neither.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The robber didn't look as quite as chubby as the son neither.

That is true, he is sort of on the XXL size. :D

Maybe it's one of his mates?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well this show is still going painfully slow.

Didn't help with a dream sequence right at the start, lazy writing and the flash backs.

The father saying 'There is no difference between life and death, just this' was annoying. Then there is just life then. rolleyes Thankfully he has disappeared now.

This show is just so annoying. The main problem I have is people reacting to personal stuff rather than to the fact people have come back from the dead.

It is like 'Why did you have an affair with my ex?'

rather than 'OMG you are back from the dead!!!!'