Options

HO Holly to make shocking claim

Comments

• Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haaaaaaaate false rape storylines. They've been done to death and they only go one way: down the toilet.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I haaaaaaaate false rape storylines. They've been done to death and they only go one way: down the toilet.

It does happen in real life too so it is good to show it and the consequences - I also have a feeling it's a plot device to bring JP storyline forward.
  • Options
    los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    It does happen in real life too so it is good to show it and the consequences

This unfortunately.

Plus anything to advance the JP storyline at this point. And I'm glad it's not Wallis having to play Holly these days. She had such a lucky escape.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »
    This unfortunately.

Plus anything to advance the JP storyline at this point.
    And I'm glad it's not Wallis having to play Holly these days. She had such a lucky escape.

I completely agree with this - I'm also glad that they had JP find out quickly that Finn was responsible for those lies not Robbie. I want things to start picking up now.
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They do eventually get their comeuppance. Will Savage and Dr Browning did and we know Finn will too.

Takes bloomin' ages though. This is what annoys me.
  • Options
    Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    It does happen in real life too so it is good to show it and the consequences - I also have a feeling it's a plot device to bring JP storyline forward.

I think so too. I wonder if he will see through Holly's lies due to his own experience or maybe try to have a heart to heart with Holly and help. Both which could lead to people being suspicious and the truth coming out. I'd rather this be a plot device for the JP storyline than just put in there for drama. Either way lieing about something as serious as rape is disgusting. Not only does it ruin an innocent man's reputation but it makes it harder for real rape victims to come forward. I hope once the truth is revealed Holly faces the proper consequences although based on what happened with Robbie, I doubt it :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I completely agree with this - I'm also glad that they had JP find out quickly that Finn was responsible for those lies not Robbie. I want things to start picking up now.

I agree
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Highly unlikely I would agree.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm surprised there's characters left in Hollyoaks considering they kill someone off every week now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikebuk wrote: »
    Takes bloomin' ages though. This is what annoys me.

That is a bit annoying yes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think so too. I wonder if he will see through Holly's lies due to his own experience or maybe try to have a heart to heart with Holly and help. Both which could lead to people being suspicious and the truth coming out. I'd rather this be a plot device for the JP storyline than just put in there for drama. Either way lieing about something as serious as rape is disgusting. Not only does it ruin an innocent man's reputation but it makes it harder for real rape victims to come forward. I hope once the truth is revealed Holly faces the proper consequences although based on what happened with Robbie, I doubt it :(

JP - maybe both though it will take time even for JP to work out Holly's lying.

I do agree that it's despicable and makes it harder for real rape victims to come forward but it's hard for me to continue to be angry with Robbie. In my opinion they had him be too nasty and should just have had him involved in JP stuff - but given his guilt over the JP situation and his turning over a new leaf since I can forgive Robbie.

Yes they should have Holly face the consequences but it's a same she's done this as I used to like her.
  • Options
    ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    i'm surprised there's characters left in Hollyoaks considering they kill someone off every week now.

That is not true, they don't kill someone off every week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JP - maybe both though it will take time even for JP to work out Holly's lying.

I do agree that it's despicable and makes it harder for real rape victims to come forward but it's hard for me to continue to be angry with Robbie. In my opinion they had him be too nasty and should just have had him involved in JP stuff - but given his guilt over the JP situation and his turning over a new leaf since I can forgive Robbie.

Yes they should have Holly face the consequences but it's a same she's done this as I used to like her.

Personally, I disagree about Robbie. I'm glad he has turned over a new leaf but he has still done some truly horrible things which imo can't go unpunished. Robbery, hit and run, lieing, stealing, and bullying just to name a few. Lieing about something as serious as rape and abuse is disgusting and doesn't deserve to go unpunished. Some people seem to be really hard on Holly (and rightful so!!!) but other people seem to just forgive Robbie like that. Robbie also lied about his uncle, accused Jack of pedophilia and tried to accuse JP of having an affair with his student.

I agree about Holly. I believe this is a bit out of character even for her. Which is a shame as I used to like her and the way Hollyoaks is at the minute, that's rare. I just hope this storyline doesn't drag on and we see Dodger in prison >:(:( I hope once the truth is revealed Holly faces the proper consequences.
  • Options
    MrRenMrRen Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely sick of Holly getting vast amounts of screen-time when she's by a mile the worst character (and actress) in the show when the good'uns like Sienna, John-Paul, Patrick & Maxine are so criminally underused!!! Sort it out Hollyoaks and either bring back Wallis Day to the role or kill Holly off!!!! Amanda Clapham is frankly worse than the "actress" who played Texas and she was dire!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrRen wrote: »
    Absolutely sick of Holly getting vast amounts of screen-time when she's by a mile the worst character (and actress) in the show when the good'uns like Sienna, John-Paul, Patrick & Maxine are so criminally underused!!! Sort it out Hollyoaks and either bring back Wallis Day to the role or kill Holly off!!!! Amanda Clapham is frankly worse than the "actress" who played Texas and she was dire!!!!!

I agree. Well said!
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's handled correctly then I think this could be a brilliant storyline. False accusations of rape do happen and have helped result in the conviction rate being so low. As it's running alongside a real rape storyline the juxtaposition and impact can be made clear.

As long as it's handled correctly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    If it's handled correctly then I think this could be a brilliant storyline. False accusations of rape do happen and have helped result in the conviction rate being so low. As it's running alongside a real rape storyline the juxtaposition and impact can be made clear.

As long as it's handled correctly.

I do agree with this and it is one way to bring JP storyline forward as the only three people who know the whole truth won't talk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I disagree about Robbie. I'm glad he has turned over a new leaf but he has still done some truly horrible things which imo can't go unpunished. Robbery, hit and run, lieing, stealing, and bullying just to name a few. Lieing about something as serious as rape and abuse is disgusting and doesn't deserve to go unpunished. Some people seem to be really hard on Holly (and rightful so!!!) but other people seem to just forgive Robbie like that. Robbie also lied about his uncle, accused Jack of pedophilia and tried to accuse JP of having an affair with his student.

The things Robbie did are very deep in the past though and cannot be undone - some of the more serious things shouldn't have even happened imo but it seems harsh to punish someone now for their past actions regardless of whether or not they have changed. I'm not convinced that Robbie completely understood or appreciated the seriousness of such allegations until he learnt that Finn raped JP. The same applies to Holly in a way too. Both may theoretically know what these things are but as young teenagers would they really appreciate the seriousness of it unless they knew someone it had happened to or been through it themselves? When people grow older (twenties, thirties etc) they become more cautious about saying serious things and understand better the devastation that serious lies can cause.
  • Options
    SamL94SamL94 Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    What a stupid thing to do. People who lie about been raped are idiots. First of all, they are risking an innocent person going to prison for something they didn't do. They could end up ruining that person's life. And secondly, they make REAL rape victims less believable. The more people that there are lying about been raped, the less people are going to trust claims from real rape victims, as they will think that they are just one of liers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamL94 wrote: »
    What a stupid thing to do. People who lie about been raped are idiots. First of all, they are risking an innocent person going to prison for something they didn't do. They could end up ruining their life. And secondly, they make REAL rape victims less believable. The more people that there are lying about been raped, the less people are going to trust claims from real rape victims, as they will think that they are just one of liers.

That's my issue. I wonder what will happen with this and the JP story.
  • Options
    millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only is Holly ruining Dodgers life, but her Mums and Dirks. She does not reliaze what effect this will have on Dodger being branded a rapiest and this will probably split up Cindy and Dirk. who are probably the only couple who actually love his other...>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    millysshaw wrote: »
    Not only is Holly ruining Dodgers life, but her Mums and Dirks. She does not reliaze what effect this will have on Dodger being branded a rapiest and this will probably split up Cindy and Dirk. who are probably the only couple who actually love his other...>:(

I agree
  • Options
    Anna_WAnna_W Posts: 3,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cindy finds Dodger's boxers in her washing basket. They all live together now, washing can mix up, so why Holly and Dodger just won't deny, deny, deny?
    So stupid storyline >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

I agree about Holly. I believe this is a bit out of character even for her. Which is a shame as I used to like her and the way Hollyoaks is at the minute, that's rare. I just hope this storyline doesn't drag on and we see Dodger in prison >:(:( I hope once the truth is revealed Holly faces the proper consequences.

I agree.
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holly has always been vindictive. This dopey version played by the current actress has never felt right.