Printer recommendation

OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
Forum Member
Have a Canon MG5350 just now but the printer head is gone on it after a few years of use. Can anyone recommend a replacement which can handle 300gsm card? This printer was good as compatible inks were cheap.

Mostly used for printing photos, cards etc

Not fussed with the scanner built in as only used that a few times but if it has one built in, no problem

Thanks

Comments

• kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My printer is an Epson Stylus SX445W. I chose it because I print mostly photos and Epson provide tremendous photo results, especially when on a slower speed.

However, this is one of Epson's cheapest printers, it isn't recommended for 300gsm, except possibly for the odd copy.

I am saving for my next printer - the Epson XP 950 (approx £250), which is also recommended for photos, and has an added bonus of accepting A3 paper, instead of the usual A4 (and less). I'm not sure if it is recommended for 300gsm, but an email to Epson would answer that.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have used Canon for years, and been very happy with them. how many years is a few years and how much did you use it?

My old Canon was over 4 years old and I used it a fair bit, then last year the head went, I got myself another one. the only thing I am not fond of with Canon or other printers these days is the lack of a feeder at the back of the machine, they all seem to be having tray feeders.
  • scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since switching to a HP Envy and Instant Ink I have no fear of running out of ink or using too many pages. Print quality is second to none, and having no cables means we can print to the printer from any device anywhere we are and the printouts are there when we need them.

Honestly impressed and would never go back to Kodak or Cannon.

Mark
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scooby1970 wrote: »
    Since switching to a HP Envy and Instant Ink I have no fear of running out of ink or using too many pages. Print quality is second to none, and having no cables means we can print to the printer from any device anywhere we are and the printouts are there when we need them.

Honestly impressed and would never go back to Kodak or Cannon.

Mark

Hi Mark

How does instant ink work?

As I only print minimum of text, that's not my priority, but I do need excellent quality print for photos, so wondered what it is like for those?
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    Just replaced my Pixma MP640 with a Canon MG7550 - I'm very impressed with it and compatible inks are cheap.