Options

Sky Magic Eye question

lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi there. Im thinking of getting a Sky Magic Eye and an additional remote so I can get Sky in my room.

When we first got Sky+ years back, we were going to put the old box in my bedroom, but they needed to drill through the wall or something like that to put a cable through, and my dad wasn't happy about it, so we didn't have it (something like that anyway, I can't remember the specifics now,but thats not important)

Ive just been looking at the Sky Magic Eye's online, and they seem quite cheap, so I was thinking about getting one of them (I realise I can't watch another channel, but I only tend to watch TV late at night anyway, so I could record whatever I wanted to watch and watch it later).

But something that doesn't seem clear, can I link these with my Sky box wirelessly, or does the connection need to be wired? And if I can do it wirelessly, is it relativly easy to do?

Sorry, proberbly a really silly question, but I just have no idea :o

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops sorry, put this in the HD section by accident. Hopefully someone can still help?:o
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    The Magic Eye system on Sky boxes is specifically designed to work via a UHF cable connected to the RF2 output so no, it's not wireless.
    You'll have to buy a third party wireless video sender to get that functionality, but you'll need that to get the pictures and sound to the bedroom TV anyway if you can't run a cable. I think all video senders now also relay remote control signals the other way.
    :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    The Magic Eye system on Sky boxes is specifically designed to work via a UHF cable connected to the RF2 output so no, it's not wireless.
    You'll have to buy a third party wireless video sender to get that functionality.

Damn. Okay thanks :)

How easy/expensive is it to do it with a wireless video sender? Worth the bother?
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    lionsof66 wrote: »
    Damn. Okay thanks :)

How easy/expensive is it to do it with a wireless video sender? Worth the bother?
    I use one, with a Magic Eye for the remote signals as well! I use the video sender specifically to get stereo sound as the remote TV is stereo. A straight UHF connection only gives mono.