EastEnders - Winter in Walford's Wonderland - spoilers

Kat_SlaterKat_Slater Posts: 193
Forum Member
What spoilers do we have for this year?

So far we have

Glenda getting beating up by someone in a Who Dunnit

Janine Poisoning Ryan and trying to frame Stacey for it after she finds out from Lauren about Archie's murder

The Baby Swap

The Masood's hearing about Amira's baby

Lucy's and Ben's return

Wow this is alot!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat_Slater wrote: »

So far we have

Janine Poisoning Ryan and trying to frame Stacey for it after she finds out from Lauren about Archie's murder

The Baby Swap

Lucy's and Ben's return

Wow this is alot!!

Where did you read that??
  • Kat_SlaterKat_Slater Posts: 193
    Forum Member

It was Inside Soap I think. One of the soap mags anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and
    ian sleeping with glenda:confused::eek:
  • *Elle*90*Elle*90 Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like that Janine poisoning Ryan is more than her just getting revenge on Ryan. That's actually sort of clever to plan to murder Ryan because that combined with Janine revealing the truth about Archie would make Stacey look guilty. Even though it's still extreme but whatever.
  • I did It First!I did It First! Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a few of the soap mags have hinted at it several times now so I think its happening.
    kezkent wrote: »
    and
    ian sleeping with glenda:confused::eek:

I think this ties in with her being beaten up.

It certainly sounds like a better festive season this year than last where only one storyline played out over Christmas. This year having several is going to be much better.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    Glenda gets beat up?!
  • LenfaircloughLenfairclough Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So far we have

The Baby Swap

Lucy's and Ben's return

Wow this is alot!!

That sounds like a very poor season of storylines... sensationalism at the cost of character or even credibility!
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Elle*90 wrote: »
    I like that Janine poisoning Ryan is more than her just getting revenge on Ryan. That's actually sort of clever to plan to murder Ryan because that combined with Janine revealing the truth about Archie would make Stacey look guilty. Even though it's still extreme but whatever.

Your right! The Black Widow is back!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sounds like a very poor season of storylines... sensationalism at the cost of character or even credibility!

Care to expand in detail?

There are also rumours Jean gets herself sectioned when it comes out Stacey killed Archie! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be interesting to see how Lauren reveals the murder details to Janine. They've never shared scenes to my knowledge.
    Forum Member

Yeah because a tram crashing into two and blowing up a tiny street while people are still allowed to live there is so realistic isn't it!! in real life the whole area would be pulled down and classed as unlivable!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There are also rumours Jean gets herself sectioned when it comes out Stacey killed Archie! :(

That would be a horrible way for Jean to bow out...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »

I know :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

oops! But better than being killed off...:(
  • LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your right! The Black Widow is back!

Yay Janine! Athough I hope she doesn't succed? Can't have her keep killing people otherwise it will shorten her life span?

I like Stacey, but it does seem so unfair that poor Bradley's name is tainted as a murderer. I know that's what he would of wanted but it is sad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's storylines, or the wrapping up of storylines, based on deceit building to a reveal episode. It's basically the same plot over and over, but without any good writing to make it ring true. Lies, more lies, some people know, some people don't - it's all revealed in public... ad nauseam

With Kirkwood it's the same formula made even more sensationalist...
    Forum Member
    LaneKent wrote: »
    Yay Janine! Athough I hope she doesn't succed? Can't have her keep killing people otherwise it will shorten her life span?

I like Stacey, but it does seem so unfair that poor Bradley's name is tainted as a murderer. I know that's what he would of wanted but it is sad.

Do you expect anything less from Slapper Slater though?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah because a tram crashing into two and blowing up a tiny street while people are still allowed to live there is so realistic isn't it!! in real life the whole area would be pulled down and classed as unlivable!!

Whats that to do with EastEnders, Kat dear?

And by the way that is not what happens. They have carefully researched the mechanics of their plot, otherwise Metrolink would not have allowed them to do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's storylines, or the wrapping up of storylines, based on deceit building to a reveal episode. It's basically the same plot over and over, but without any good writing to make it ring true. Lies, more lies, some people know, some people don't - it's all revealed in public... ad nauseam

Oh goodness you could say this about every soap. I could pull up several faults with the Tram crash and Tracy's return alone. I probably could list several for Emmerdale too.

Its a soap. A work of fiction and its here to entertain. This is what people want to watch.
  • LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you expect anything less from Slapper Slater though?

Uh no!
    Forum Member
    Whats that to do with EastEnders, Kat dear?

And by the way that is not what happens. They have carefully researched the mechanics of their plot, otherwise Metrolink would not have allowed them to do it.

You've just come into this thread to bait haven't you? I have seen the pictures of the tram in the row of houses. That whole row, the WHOLE row. Would be pulled down purely for safetly reasons. But that's another thread and one I'm sure many will bring up closer to the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member

I was wondering how could you comment on the writing being poor for episodes that have yet to air? You don't seem to be providing much insight to your posts to defend your point. You're using assumptions to judge things that are a month away from airing.

It's one thing to say "it sounds like they will be sensationalist" and it's another to say "awful writing".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh goodness you could say this about every soap. I could pull up several faults with the Tram crash and Tracy's return alone. I probably could list several for Emmerdale too.

Its a soap. A work of fiction and its here to entertain. This is what people want to watch.

Agreed. Any soap will have certain plot holes... but in EE now it's now bigger than the universe

What the holes are with Tracy or the Tram? on an EE thread :o
  • Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member

Totally agree and I'm getting tried of this my soap is better than your soap point scoring. If we want to talk about sensationalism based on deceit and repeating of plots it looks like Corrie is about to have possible serial killer running lose. All soaps do it so I think trying to get 'one up' is rather foolish when such things can be thrown right back at ya.
    Forum Member
    Starcaller wrote: »
    I was wondering how could you comment on the writing being poor for episodes that have yet to air? You don't seem to be providing much insight to your posts to defend your point. You're using assumptions to judge things that are a month away from airing.

It's one thing to say "it sounds like they will be sensationalist" and it's another to say "awful writing".
    It's called baiting and the same SOLE user is trying to ruin yet ANOTHER EE thread.
    Pop_Art wrote: »
    Totally agree and I'm getting tried of this my soap is better than your soap point scoring. If we want to talk about sensationalism based on deceit and repeating of plots it looks like Corrie is about to have possible serial killer running lose. All soaps do it so I think trying to get 'one up' is rather foolish when such things can be thrown right back at ya.

Agreed.