Shauns skype call

Anyone know if that was his son in the video?

Just didn't think I'd heard him mention a son.

Comments

• mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing that it's his partner's son from a previous relationship. Otherwise I feel a bit sorry for the kid when all he talks about is 'his girls'!
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mirandaweb wrote: »
    I'm guessing that it's his partner's son from a previous relationship. Otherwise I feel a bit sorry for the kid when all he talks about is 'his girls'!

It was very noticable and he didnt even say hello to the lad , he seemed a lovely boy encouraging the girls to wave and I felt sorry for him when Shaun went on about "my girls"
  • MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was very noticable and he didnt even say hello to the lad , he seemed a lovely boy encouraging the girls to wave and I felt sorry for him when Shaun went on about "my girls"

I second that.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    Well it was edited, as they all were, so perhaps we were not shown him saying hello to the boy?
    they had 5 minutes each but we saw about 30 seconds of that.
  • astoundedastounded Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Well it was edited, as they all were, so perhaps we were not shown him saying hello to the boy?
    they had 5 minutes each but we saw about 30 seconds of that.

Or perhaps he swore at the child.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,253
    Forum Member
    Mutter wrote: »
    I second that.

I third it - God almighty the lovely wee bloke never got a mention - even if he was a long distant second cousin removed, he could at least have got a hello and how are you - that was dreadful, but to be honest Shaun and his wife looked like a right couple of mardy arses on that call.

It was embarrassing.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's his wife's son (Oliver) from a previous relationship.

Shaun has a son too but he's younger and blond (I know this from watching a documentary, I'm not a creepy stalker or anything!)
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    How do you know he didnt get a mention? we did not see the whole 5 minutes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I third it - God almighty the lovely wee bloke never got a mention - even if he was a long distant second cousin removed, he could at least have got a hello and how are you - that was dreadful, but to be honest Shaun and his wife looked like a right couple of mardy arses on that call.

It was embarrassing.:(

I was kind of weird, I read this article about their great love story and I expected them to be romantic with each other - not issuing threats of domestic violence, but then they have been together for 7 years - and they are Northern;):p
  • silvertiarasilvertiara Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member

Wow, how prophetic that the article mentions how he hadn't turned into Gillian McKeith! :eek: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    Wow, how prophetic that the article mentions how he hadn't turned into Gillian McKeith! :eek: :D

Isn't it just. Well spotted BTW - that had passed me by:eek::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I object to the "Well they are Northern" remark. My husband and I have been together for 30 years and we are still romantic, and we live in Cheshire, which is Northern!!!!!! :-))))
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calfie wrote: »
    I object to the "Well they are Northern" remark. My husband and I have been together for 30 years and we are still romantic, and we live in Cheshire, which is Northern!!!!!! :-))))

Ignore it. It's snobbery, plain and simple.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where is that? Is it in the Guardian link?

I am imbibing a drink or two, but cant see it in that link.:o

Got to add though, although he is coming across as the underdog 'done good' on this programme (and i like him in this) i bet all the people who he has done the dirty on over the years won't feel quite as forgiving.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »

I thought it was a joke:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a joke:confused:

Am i totally missing something? What was the joke?

I might be being totally thick and i apologise for asking this question when i am quoting you, but was the snobbery thing mentioned in an earlier post directed at me or at the link?

I posted it because I thought it gave a pretty comprehensive background to him (professionally & personally) which i had been looking for!

Am i being paranoid and totally getting the wrong end of the stick?
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Am i totally missing something? What was the joke?

I might be being totally thick and i apologise for asking this question when i am quoting you, but was the snobbery thing mentioned in an earlier post directed at me or at the link?

I posted it because I thought it gave a pretty comprehensive background to him (professionally & personally) which i had been looking for!

Am i being paranoid and totally getting the wrong end of the stick?

I was referring to the poster who mentioned that Shaun and his family were Northern, it was nothing to do with your post:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »

It was a daft joke plain and simple:p Didn't you guess from the accompanying smilies? If you want my non-snobbish credentials my Dads from Preston, is that good enough and far north enough for you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    :}}}}}}}:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the explanation guys.

I will now "chillax" as my children tell me to do ...frequently. :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG .....just watching the news and a woman dialled 999 today to .........report her snowman stolen !!!!

I kid you not, they played the actual 999 call on the news there and the woman was deadly serious :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caz42 wrote: »
    OMG .....just watching the news and a woman dialled 999 today to .........report her snowman stolen !!!!

I kid you not, they played the actual 999 call on the news there and the woman was deadly serious :D:D:D

In the words of my children...Chillax baby, chillax...or the woman needs to!:D:D:D

Are we just doing a bit like i have done in this thread and going random? Or have you posted in the wrong thread?
  • LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

True , but its aint Salford! :D

I do think that Shaun loves his missus, he speaks in a way that i recognise as a tough working class lad talking about his wife.
    And he calls her 'the wife', in a way that makes me think he happily defers to her