Options

Kings Of Pastry

QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
Forum Member
✭✭✭
These men are pure craftsmen. I love making cakes, but completely hopeless at decorating. I receive many compliments about my cakes. But this programme is something else. Fabulous cakes, such dedication, feirce competition. My mouth is watering now:)

Comments

• Options
    JellyKateJellyKate Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a great programme. Some of those sugar sculptures and cakes were just amazing. How could anyone bring themselves to eat them...!

My husband speaks French very well and enjoyed listening in to all the bits of conversation that weren't subtitled.

Loved the judge breaking down in tears as he announced the results of the competition because he was so upset they couldn't all win!
  • Options
    ribe2ribe2 Posts: 906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was an eye opening programme - who knew how complicated and exhausting being a pastry chef is! When Pierre dropped his wedding cake I was quite dewey eyed, especially because of the MOFs reactions. Fantastic and captivating documentary.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this programme all the way through and my mouth must have been opened for about 90% of the time in total awe of the craftmanship, dedication, respect, compassion and solid. I could have cried for the poor chef whose beautiful sculpture smashed into what seemed like a million peices. Every single cake and sculpture was a masterpeice. It must have been absolutely heartbreaking to judge.