Options

Johnny Depp Visits Greenwich School

Comments

• Options
    Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a top bloke. :)

When his little girl had meningitis and was rushed to GOSH, he donated a million pounds to them.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that is what you call a true star.

Z list muppets should look at Johnny and Vanessa and learn a lot about true class, dignity and star quality
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Couldn't agree more BlondieX - makes me feel even more contempt for those "celebs" that act like total planks.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    What a lovely man.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having met Johnny Depp myself (four years ago now), I can confirm he is one of the most genuine and nicest celebrities ever and is an absolutely darling to his fans. He really goes the extra mile for people and is one of the few celebs where grand gestures like this are no doubt from the heart and not just to get a bit of good PR.

He's a really great example of a warm and sincere human being. :)
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard so many wonderful things about Johnny Depp. I've never really been a fan, but I have s, so much respect for him.

This was a lovely story in the news, what an amazing day those children must have had. Good for you Johnny Depp. If only all celebrities could be like you.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I remember a blind that was later revealed as the lovely Mr Depp. On a film set he found out about an extremely sick young girl (cancer I think) who wanted to meet him, but for some reason the charity involved had never made the meeting happen. He then subsequently arranged a meeting, during that he found out her parents couldn't afford the necessary treatment for their little girl and time was running out for her - he then took over all her medical costs and three or so years later the girl is still doing well.

A class act.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fab guy!! i saw him many moon ago in the cinema in a film called benny and joon, went with a friend, by accident, the film we wanted was full, as soon as he came on screen my mouth fell open at how gorgeous he was, have loved him ever since.

this is the mark a real star, humble enough to do this, and still as gorgeous as he was years ago if not more so! lucky ol vanessa paradis
  • Options
    CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember a blind that was later revealed as the lovely Mr Depp. On a film set he found out about an extremely sick young girl (cancer I think) who wanted to meet him, but for some reason the charity involved had never made the meeting happen. He then subsequently arranged a meeting, during that he found out her parents couldn't afford the necessary treatment for their little girl and time was running out for her - he then took over all her medical costs and three or so years later the girl is still doing well.

A class act.

nice story, never knew that
  • Options
    brodybrody Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    What a lovely fella.
  • Options
    flyingvflyingv Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    He was filming around Greenwich university for Pirates 4 too. :D A friend of mine saw him.
    My brother lives about 2mins from where they're filming and apparently they'll be in the area for around 6 weeks. :D

Agent Krycek - wonderful story. What an absolutely top bloke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I've been a huge admirer of Johnny for a very long time. What a sweetheart he is and what a wonderful surprise for those school children.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a nice human being. He's so modest and low key as well.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    The little girl's face must have been a picture when Captain Jack walked into the room! I know some cynics will say it was a publicity stunt but so what - a lot of children and their teachers will have a happy memory that will live with them forever.

Nice one Johnny :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When he's done there, can he please drop into my workplace?

Only if you promise to forward him on to my bedroom :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    Johnny Depp is awesome
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    I love him..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This man is THE total package, completely amazing, generous, drop dead gorgeous and grounded. I completely love him and stories like this only reinforce love.
  • Options
    TinpotTinpot Posts: 2,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so gay for Johnny Depp.

Met him on a professional basis but ended up chatting to him for ages about our favourite movies and music. Top guy.
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's just amazing. Beautiful inside and out, a brilliant actor, and a top bloke to boot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love him. How lucky are those teachers. Do you think if I wrote him a little note he would visit me in that outfit. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for all the kids (and teachers) that were absent that day
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Open any dictionary, look up "class act" and there's a picture of Johnny Depp. :D
  • Options
    sionnaighsionnaigh Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gorgeous man - inside AND out.