Options

Hollyoaks or Family Affairs?- Advice Please

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    Well well well a nice bit of incest coming up in FA - along with more black mail and attempted murder than you can sprinkle salt on.

Well Mr Marquess is having on of his regular clear outs on The Bill and its coming up to a year since the last major one in FA - so do you reckon the axe man has any plans for FA ??

I think although Hollyoaks is funny - its getting out of control and becoming a facre. Alot of the actors are very bad and cheesy, but i think its going to be pretty explosive in the next few months.
  • Options
    LiverpoolFCGirlLiverpoolFCGirl Posts: 15,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ended up missing both of them today because my mate was here and he thinks they're both rubbish. He made me watch Fresh Prince. Funny but there are only so many times you can see each episode! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheSarge wrote:
    Well well well a nice bit of incest coming up in FA - along with more black mail and attempted murder than you can sprinkle salt on.

Well Mr Marquess is having on of his regular clear outs on The Bill and its coming up to a year since the last major one in FA - so do you reckon the axe man has any plans for FA ??

I think although Hollyoaks is funny - its getting out of control and becoming a facre. Alot of the actors are very bad and cheesy, but i think its going to be pretty explosive in the next few months.

'sadly' I prefer comedy in British soaps, leave the serious stuff to the pros.

Is Marquess working on 2 soaps at the same time ? That would explain a lot.

I like all the funny bits but hate pretty much all the rest. I can't believe they ate the chickens, they'd become such an important part of the show, I abolutely loved when the mum said "I've just fed the chickens".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ended up missing both of them today because my mate was here and he thinks they're both rubbish. He made me watch Fresh Prince. Funny but there are only so many times you can see each episode! :(

you can still catch the last hour of the omnibus on Sunday, even better record it and fast forward the boring bits, you know the ones with Ellie and the ugly twins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will watch the end of the omnibus. I have been at the gym all week so I'm gonna have a nice lazy day in front of the tele on Sunday.
  • Options
    Benc533Benc533 Posts: 3,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like msf said, the lads living together can be really funny at times, the Dan & Sally thing was embarassing! I actually find myself starting to like the Taylor-Burtons (I think that the lad, Justin is it?, is a rather good actor), and the other bits and bobs - Bombhead and Mr C, the Tony/Mandy thing are alright, and parts of the Ellie and Steph aren't that bad at the moment, apart from when Ellie starts with her usual rantings of "what about me, I married a serial killer".

But what the heck are these new characters all about? They have to be the most rubbish "actors" I've ever seen - hell, little Tom Cunningham could easily act the socks off them! They are totally rubbish, their "storyline" is simply pathetic. Have they got nothing better to do than hang around Gnosh all day moaning on about their "past" :yawn: :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hollyoakes has fit birds in it though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the lads are like the house of trouser in Neighbours (only a bit more adult which is good). Callum reminds me of myself (like when he threw the tenner on the floor for Zara to pick it up).
    The Deans are brilliant too, the mother took the microwave, the sandwich toaster and the juice maker when the neighbours were having a party lol.
    I like the new family and Tony is on great form at the moment, I can't believe he thought he could give Liam some counselling just because he had one session himself, which was the wrong one by the way).

The twins are the most dreadful actresses I've ever seen but Darlene more than makes up for that. Yum yum
  • Options
    Benc533Benc533 Posts: 3,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    msf wrote:
    Yeah the lads are like the house of trouser in Neighbours (only a bit more adult which is good). Callum reminds me of myself (like when he threw the tenner on the floor for Zara to pick it up).
    The Deans are brilliant too, the mother took the microwave, the sandwich toaster and the juice maker when the neighbours were having a party lol.
    I like the new family and Tony is on great form at the moment, I can't believe he thought he could give Liam some counselling just because he had one session himself, which was the wrong one by the way).

The twins are the most dreadful actresses I've ever seen but Darlene more than makes up for that. Yum yum

Yeah I totally forgot the Deans!

I don't know how you can like the new family msf, they are awful, especially Liam's ex-girlfriend or whatever - her voice grates on me!

I thought that Bob fella from Tony's counselling session was great, bring him back!

The twins are crap I agree, but Darlene? Darlene? *shudder* she's got the chest mate but apart from that there's very little else!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benc533 wrote:
    Yeah I totally forgot the Deans!

I don't know how you can like the new family msf, they are awful, especially Liam's ex-girlfriend or whatever - her voice grates on me!

I thought that Bob fella from Tony's counselling session was great, bring him back!

The twins are crap I agree, but Darlene? Darlene? *shudder* she's got the chest mate but apart from that there's very little else!

I like when the Dean girls tease Jake.
    As for the new family they've only be here 5 minutes give them a chance.
    And Liam's ex is not technically part of the family.
    Darlene :p has the chest and the face, what else could you ask for ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw the omnibus on E4 yesterday. It seems to be on the up- I am starting to like the new family now as well, which is weird because I thought they were so boring before. They seem to have started to adapt to the fact that they're now on 5 nights a week, which I think was the problem- Quantity rather than quality and all that.
  • Options
    9021090210 Posts: 14,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's hard to compare the two or Hollyoaks with anything else cos it's so funny but there dosen't same to be many people in an episode. Hollyoaks usually has 15 people in an episode whereas FA usually has 25! And i'm sure that HO has a larger cast?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the omnibus on E4 yesterday. It seems to be on the up- I am starting to like the new family now as well, which is weird because I thought they were so boring before. They seem to have started to adapt to the fact that they're now on 5 nights a week, which I think was the problem- Quantity rather than quality and all that.

do you mean the Deans or the really new one with the son who went to prison ?
    What do you think of Tony, he's such a hypocrite it's hilarious.
    And he comes up with some gems such as 'I'm not one to judge people, even criminals'.
  • Options
    9021090210 Posts: 14,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Deans have to be my fav family - especially Frankie! It always makes me laugh when she just lets herself into the Taylor - Burtons and calls Liz, Betty :p And then there was the party when she nicked most of the stuff in the kitchen for 'Safe Keeping'!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Hollyoakes. But can someone tell me what happened at the end on Friday? I am sure I watched it! :confused:

Also, someone mentioned Beth entering the programme. I know this is Dawns daughter, but was Zara'a sister also called Beth?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes she was and she now lives in France with her Mum and Dad - Luke teaches football in Canada and Adam is at a University in America on a Directing course.
    I don't know what is to become of Zara because she was supposed to be leaving.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    msf wrote:
    do you mean the Deans or the really new one with the son who went to prison ?
    What do you think of Tony, he's such a hypocrite it's hilarious.
    And he comes up with some gems such as 'I'm not one to judge people, even criminals'.
    I meant the Deans- forgot about the other one, but they seem like they might grow on me too. Tony is definately irritating- as is Mandy and Max. I seem to have levitated towards Hollyoaks tonight- seems to be getting better
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant the Deans- forgot about the other one, but they seem like they might grow on me too. Tony is definately irritating- as is Mandy and Max. I seem to have levitated towards Hollyoaks tonight- seems to be getting better

yep, it's definitely getting better, much better. Tonight was awesome, the interaction between the lads and Zara had me in stitches (I'd always hated her up until now). The chauvinist attitude routine is always a winner, so is the Taylor-Burton/ Dean war. The gross factor has been pretty high too lately.
    Looks like Ali got an eyeful.

What's the whole story with Liam then ? Did he really go to prison for stealing cars ? I've only started to watch regularly recently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I actually think the 'lads' and Zara's scenes are crap, Ben spoils them because he cannot act - where as the others can.
    It's not that good - i can't take any of the scenes with Liam and his family seriously because they are so poorly acted. But yes it can be very funny, but has now become so cheesy it's slightly painful.

Question does Darren Osbourne fancy anyone apart from blood relatives ???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheSarge wrote:
    I actually think the 'lads' and Zara's scenes are crap, Ben spoils them because he cannot act - where as the others can.
    It's not that good - i can't take any of the scenes with Liam and his family seriously because they are so poorly acted. But yes it can be very funny, but has now become so cheesy it's slightly painful.

Question does Darren Osbourne fancy anyone apart from blood relatives ???

I think you meant Dan not Ben, Ben is one of the best actors out of the entire cast when Dan is below average .

It's become cheesy ? Are we watching the same program ?

I've not seen Darren in ages which is good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No i meant Ben - Dan has been quite good - the early stuff with his diabetes was excellant and then when he was in prison the stuff was quite good.
    Ben fluffed his storylines with Izzy - but was good at the start.
    Did you watch the show when the Hunters arrived.

Personally I've watched it since 1995 and i think that it was at it's best in the first 5 -8 years.

Yes it is cheesy .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheSarge wrote:
    No i meant Ben - Dan has been quite good - the early stuff with his diabetes was excellant and then when he was in prison the stuff was quite good.
    Ben fluffed his storylines with Izzy - but was good at the start.
    I think Bens one of the best actors actually- I like that new Scouse bloke as well. Not too keen on Dan- don't like his hair anymore though so it could just be that irritating me rather than his acting. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like comedy, Dan isn't funny enough for me, Ben is, fluffing or not.
    The diabetes storyline is too boring for me. I've only watched on and off for a couple of years or so so I couldn't say when it was best.
    I don't think it's cheesy, the party wasn't cheesy, the Deans aren't cheesy, the lad aren't cheesy so I don't quite see what you mean.
    Apart from H&A and S&D I like all the others to be funny most of the time
    so hollyoaks is just about perfect these days.
    Like when Frankie Dean was admiring all the stuff she stole from her neighbours, i though that was very well executed, unlike the disaster that was on last Friday on C4(Green Wing) where they tried some wacky editing and video effects but clearly hadn't a clue what they were doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Bens one of the best actors actually- I like that new Scouse bloke as well. Not too keen on Dan- don't like his hair anymore though so it could just be that irritating me rather than his acting. :D

Good so it's not just me, Dan's voice just puts me to sleep, but when he's with his mates he's alright I guess. Ben and Callum are really funny and exciting (maybe the other one from Brookside, Tinhead could join the cast too, they were always together on and off screen).
    Now that Izzie's gone Ben can really exploit his full potential.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    msf wrote:
    Good so it's not just me, Dan's voice just puts me to sleep, but when he's with his mates he's alright I guess. Ben and Callum are really funny and exciting. Now that Izzie's gone Ben can really exploit his full potential.
    Don't like Ellie either + Stephs turning into a nutter! Wish Debbie wasn't leaving though! :( Zara needs to go too!