Options

DS' Next Top Artist 6: Indie Live Show #3!

Comments

• Options
    dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kevin saves BRAND NEW

Brand New - 1
    Sara Evans - 0
    TFK - 0

We move onto Luke!!!
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually quite shocked at that B3, although it was a really strong night so results were always going to be surprising. Good luck Val, Roxie and Rory :(
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »
    Actually quite shocked at that B3, although it was a really strong night so results were always going to be surprising. Good luck Val, Roxie and Rory :(

Thanks Niall...sad to see TFK here because I haven't even touched some of their best hits yet...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luke says:
    I was a little shocked Karima wasn't here, good shocked though, glad she was safe, strong night tonight, I do like Thousand and Brand New, unfortunately Val, I'm not a massive country fan and Sara left a lot to be desired for me, good luck though, tonight I go with the act I feel has a bit more potential to grow and for that act, it has to be Brand New

Brand New - 2
    Sara Evans - 0
    TFK - 0

Both Justin and Barry did not vote, so we move along and Stacey your next :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stacey saves SARA

Brand New - 2
    Sara Evans - 1
    TFK - 0

Aliyah your next my dear
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks dyldo dear

Urrrm i cant decide between two of these, i'm also not a massive country fan so sorry wont be saving Sara (soz val!). Ahhh i'm just gonna go with the act I feel has that extra va va vooom and spice..I'll be saving Thousand Foot Crutch, sorry rory but good luck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brand New - 2
    Sara Evans - 1
    TFK - 1

David your next!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seems to have disappeared.

David votes for THOUSAND FOOT KRUTCH

Brand New - 2
    Sara Evans - 1
    TFK - 2

Jack is next
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Well I am looking at the acts and I am not the biggest fan of Sara Evans so she's out of who I am saving. So Brand New and TFK are my only two I am considering but I really do love a good rock act so I am going to save Thousand Foot Krutch
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Jack

Brand New - 2
    Sara Evans - 1
    TFK - 3

Zak your up!!!
  • Options
    dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Country's not everyone's thing and I of course respect that :) I'm likely going tonight and will be offline soon so will just say now- thanks for everyone for getting me to the third live show and it's been fun, I'll keep voting hopefully!!
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The act I'm saving is Sara Evans, however I must stress how much I love all three of these acts; they were all well in the top half of my vote. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Zak

Brand New - 2
    Sara Evans - 2
    TFK - 3

Louise saves THOUSAND FOOT KRUTCH

Brand New - 2
    Sara Evans - 2
    TFK - 4

Alex your on now
  • Options
    AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, I'm going to save the act that I've enjoyed the most so far, which is Thousand Foot Krutch, sorry to Rory and Val :(

PS thanks for getting Susanne through to Week 4; Roxie, I have to agree that her more recent stuff is better than her early albums, so hopefully you'll get to hear more of the former :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Alex

Brand New - 2
    Sara Evans - 2
    TFK - 5

Sacred saves THOUSAND FOOT KRUTCH

Brand New - 2
    Sara Evans - 2
    TFK - 6

That means Thousand Foot Krutch have enough votes, and cannot be caught up with, so congratulations TFK and fireemblem.

However that means we say goodbye tonight to two great acts :(. Commiserations Rory & Brand New and Val & Sara Evans.

Themes and stuff coming up in a few!!!
  • Options
    dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Roxie of course!

Planned one of my Series 7 acts already, maybe, hoping for revenge. ;):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw big commiserations Val and Rory. Gonna miss Sara Evans and Brand New especially who were really growing on me, and I really loved their song tonight and they were one of my top ranked acts so really sad to see them go tonight :cry: Really happy to see TFK make it through however, who I've really enjoyed so far and am really looking forward to see what else Roxie does with them in the competition :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Theme 4: Live Performances

Yes while the mainstream lot are covering songs, in one classic NTA theme, we here at the Indie competition will be using songs that are live performances. So as the title says the song you choose must be a live performance of any of your acts songs. This performance could be from some TV appearance, all the way to a concert performance. As long as it is Live, its good.

Next show will be sameish time as today, on Monday 27th May, songs due in Sunday 26th May at half 7ish. Songlist will be sent with or without your song.

Remember to send your Mainstream songs to Niall by Wednesday night, theme is covers.

Prediction game results soonish.
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Oh my god. Thank you all so much :) . Aw thanks Ali, Jack and Alex <3 for that! And David, Louise and Sacred for voting for me!

Will not disappoint next week ;) . Commiserations to Val and Rory. It's sad to see you both go. I've loved Brand New and Val (you know how much I love Justin :D).
  • Options
    Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Roxie & Thousand Foot Krutch, I was pretty gutted to see them b3 and I think you're doing such a good job, wired to see where you go next with them and you absolutely did not deserve to be at this end of the vote! However, I'm so gutted that for the second time in a week I didn't get to save the act I wanted to vote for :(. I really loved Brand New, they were always near to the top of my vote, so seeing them go tonight is super lame when imo they were one of the best acts in the competition, and this was their strongest week so far. Sad to see Sara Evans go too when she was starting to grow on me.

Thank you all for keeping Sky Ferreira in though, I hope I can bring it next time!
  • Options
    r0ry101r0ry101 Posts: 13,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Gav and Niall for your kind words :)

I'm gutted to see Brand New go this week as I really felt they had so much more to show and could've really done with a couple more weeks. Unfortunately their best songs (in my opinion) are from their 2nd and 3rd albums so it's a shame I never got to show more of them. But here's my personal favourite song by them, which I hope you all enjoy :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP_b7-_PkoM
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised to see both Brand New and Thousand Foot Krutch in the bottom 3. :eek:

Shows how unpredictable the competition is. I think the theme was a difficult one for all of us...I don't know about you guys but I certainly feel my act has grown and progressed as they create more music.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been a bit busy and only had time right now to post!!!

Prediction Game Results

So you can get two points for each eliminated act, and one for the saved act. And you also had the chance to predict who you would be saved in the sing-off. Only a few predicted in that though, and a few got it wrong. So heres the results of this week.
    6 Points
    No one!

5 Points
    Alex

4 Points
    David
    Kev
    Sacred

3 Points
    Ali
    Gav
    Luke

2 Points
    fireemblem
    Stacey
    Zak

Overal Results

19 Points
    Alex

18 Points
    Gav
    Kev

17 Points
    Ali
    David

16 Points
    Luke

14 Points
    Sacred
    Zak
    Val

12 Points
    fireemblem

11 Points
    Justin
    Pingu

10 Points
    Stacey
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    **** saKE HOW AM I EVEN LAST
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sent the song list round for next Mainstream show now as we got all the songs in early :D Louise if you're reading this, delete some PMs so I can send you the songlist :p