Options

Which is best ????

Comments

• Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    As I already posted above, Ive never used an S4 so how can I possibly say if the iPhone 5 is better or not.
    Yeah I like the iPhone 5 as that's what I've got, its easy to use and have no issues with it, there's plenty of apps I like and I can make calls,texts and go on the Internet throughout the day, but that's as much as I can give due to having nothing to compare it to other than a 3GS before that and an LG Viewty and LG shine before that which isn't really going to help the OP.
    You claimed the S4 is the better of the two, which one would assume you may have experience in both phones to make such a statement.

There u go then the op asked for an opinion on the best phone and I gave it which you then questioned if you are going to offer nothing more constructive what was the purpose in the first place?

My answer was based on the question asked not conjecture.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    my 2 pennies worth...

i had the opportunity to have an S4 and a Nexus4 in my hands at the same time (Nexus 4 was mine, S4 was someone else's).

IMO the Nexus4 is the much better phone (it's my opinion though and will obviously differ from others). the S4, IMO, felt very cheap and plastic-y, and i hated touchwiz.

the Nexus4 was cheaper, but felt like a much more substantial device. on using the 2 i could see no apparent performance difference.

the only differences where no 4G on the Nexus4 (but i don't want or need 4G for the foreseeable future), and no SD-card support (again no need for SD card support).

so there you go. the Nexus 4 is the better phone..... IMO.

so maybe the OPs question should be... iPhone 5 or Nexus 4.

Why would that be the question because you prefer the Nexus? also having owned the Nexus I can say it is a good phone nothing more and largely great because of the price.

It is a clear alternative to the iPhone but not in the same league as the s4 or HTC one and to say it is well.... I will leave it there ;)
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    It is a clear alternative to the iPhone but not in the same league as the s4 or HTC one and to say it is well.... I will leave it there ;)

in YOUR opinion, just like MY opinion disagrees with you.

you need to remember that your opinion is not the same as fact.

i think we all now know that you love the S4 and have a blinkered opinion of it. that's fine though, as it's your phone and you're the one that uses it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There u go then the op asked for an opinion on the best phone and I gave it which you then questioned if you are going to offer nothing more constructive what was the purpose in the first place?

no, you're pushing forward your opinion as fact.
  • Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    What's the problem with TouchWiz? I'm not even sure I know what it is.

I have a Samsung phone btw, and don't see much difference from my Nexus 7. Well, the Nexus 7 has fewer home screens (5 as opposed to 7), but then it's a much larger area.

It's the skin Samsung put over android as well as all the Samsung junk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the op asked for an opinion on the best phone and I gave it

Well no, what you actually said was:
    The s4 is the better phone by a long way any other answer is going to mislead you in the wrong direction.

The wording of your original reply suggests that the S4 being best is THE correct answer rather than your opinion. In fact, you say that 'any other answer is going to mislead you'.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member

The purpose in the first place was because I was actually generally interested.
    You made a claim, which I wasn't questioning, just asking you to provide some further information as to why ones better than the other.
    Your the one that went off in a different direction about ridiculous debates, sane people knowing about modern smartphones and idiocy:confused:.
  • Options
    jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would that be the question because you prefer the Nexus? also having owned the Nexus I can say it is a good phone nothing more and largely great because of the price.

So what makes the s4 and HTC one in a different league as you say then ? price yes features no no no

None of the 'extra features' these have are of no interest to me. The processor and memory are more or less the same, I've always preferred ips screens to super amoled so in terms of the important stuff ( for me ) a nexus 4 will run a standard android app every bit as well as the S4 as far as I'm concerned and doesn't have the samsung or htc crapware to deal with.

If I want to take photos which is quite often as I like photography, I'll use a proper DSLR or a sony RX100 which is a pocket sized beast and makes any photo from any current mobile look rubbish, so again for me the camera quality ( which isn't that great on a nexus 4 but usable in good light ) is of no concern to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    in YOUR opinion, just like MY opinion disagrees with you.

you need to remember that your opinion is not the same as fact.

i think we all now know that you love the S4 and have a blinkered opinion of it. that's fine though, as it's your phone and you're the one that uses it.

Do WE all know that do we and how exactly do we ALL know that? I don't own an s4 nor do I have any any sexual or romantic feelings towards one so perhaps you can clarify who we all are who know this.

An accepted fact in the world of technology is that the s4 is a better phone than the Nexus your problem is that you a are confusing as so many do your personal preference with superiority as is usually done to justify ones own purchase.

I have no intention of ever owning an s4 doesn't stop me being objective about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jonner101 wrote: »
    So what makes the s4 and HTC one in a different league as you say then ? price yes features no no no

None of the 'extra features' these have are of no interest to me. The processor and memory are more or less the same, I've always preferred ips screens to super amoled so in terms of the important stuff ( for me ) a nexus 4 will run a standard android app every bit as well as the S4 as far as I'm concerned and doesn't have the samsung or htc crapware to deal with.

If I want to take photos which is quite often as I like photography, I'll use a proper DSLR or a sony RX100 which is a pocket sized beast and makes any photo from any current mobile look rubbish, so again for me the camera quality ( which isn't that great on a nexus 4 but usable in good light ) is of no concern to me.

Ignoring the bit of a rant there your personal preference doesn't make the Nexus a superior phone to the one or s4 is just you prefer it.

If I was to claim the Galaxy y was the best phone in the world because a 3" screen is perfect for me would that be logical?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well no, what you actually said was:

The wording of your original reply suggests that the S4 being best is THE correct answer rather than your opinion. In fact, you say that 'any other answer is going to mislead you'.

And I stand by it any one who says the i5 is better than the s4 is misleading the op, granted they may prefer it and have reasons for getting it as I mentioned but it is not a better phone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do WE all know that do we and how exactly do we ALL know that? I don't own an s4 nor do I have any any sexual or romantic feelings towards one so perhaps you can clarify who we all are who know this.

how do you know it's the best then if you don't own one. you're taking the word of others and basing your opinion on that?

congratulations - your opinion is now meaningless and without any validity.
    An accepted fact in the world of technology is that the s4 is a better phone than the Nexus your problem is that you a are confusing as so many do your personal preference with superiority as is usually done to justify ones own purchase.

no, i'm basing my opinion on having played with both of said devices - thus my opinion is an informed one.

notice i said "opinion", i'm not putting it forward as fact, which is what you are doing.

you seem to be taking the word of the "world of technology" (whoever they are).
    I have no intention of ever owning an s4 doesn't stop me being objective about it.

but why not? seeing as it's the best phone ever ever, according to the "world of technology" (whoever they are).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I stand by it any one who says the i5 is better than the s4 is misleading the op, granted they may prefer it and have reasons for getting it as I mentioned but it is not a better phone.

t
    r
    o
    l
    l

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    to bring this thread back to some sanity without the need for swordman to stick his un-informed opinion on others.

the bottom line is that you really need to go into a phone shop and play with both devices (and others) and see which one suits you. don't be swayed by what the person in the phone shop wants to sell you (they will have targets on what they need to sell).

you may find the iphone is "best" for you, you may find the S4 is "best" for you.
    heck, you may even find that a windows phone is "best" for you.

it's all about what YOU decide is "best" for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    t
    r
    o
    l
    l

:D

You really are rather silly aren't you... No actual opinion other than some childish need to justify their own choice in phones as superior and by extension the deep rooted need to appear superior.

The op asked about i5 and s4 but you had to bring your Nexus into it to show what a better choice yours was absolutely pathetic and addressed nothing that the op was asking. No wonder people think this forum is crap when people like you post their own sad agenda.
  • Options
    jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please in what way is this true and what is your source. I thought is was mean't to be the htc one these days, or some new ultra slim phone some chinese company has recently released

Isn't the s4 a little bit plasticy to be considered the best
  • Options
    Forum Member
    but why not? seeing as it's the best phone ever ever, according to the "world of technology" (whoever they are).
    jonner101 wrote: »
    Please in what way is this true and what is your source. I thought is was mean't to be the htc one these days, or some new ultra slim phone some chinese company has recently released

Isn't the s4 a little bit plasticy to be considered the best

In what way is what true? as happens time and time again in this forum people choose not to listen and in their ranting choose to interpret anything said into their own words.

I've said the s4 is better than the nexus and i5 not mentioned the ONE nor have I claimed it to be the worlds "best phone ever ever" this is just the childish and moronic level of debate that ensues when you state something is better than another users choice.

Whether the s4 is better than the ONE is open to debate but not in the two instances I have mentioned. I own a note 2 which I think is the best phone, but I would not be so arrogant to claim it is the best phone in the world because I chose it.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are debating with an 'anything but a Samsung' duo swordman.

Probably an end of season lull until a 'September normality' .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    You are debating with an 'anything but a Samsung' duo swordman.

Probably an end of season lull until a 'September normality' .

am i included in that duo?
    are you suggesting that i am in someway in favour of apple?
    if you are then you are seriously misguided.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether the s4 is better than the ONE is open to debate but not in the two instances I have mentioned. I own a note 2 which I think is the best phone, but I would not be so arrogant to claim it is the best phone in the world because I chose it.

but you've just said the "world of technology" says that the S4 is the best phone, so that means your opinion that the note2 is the best phone must be wrong.

also, i never once stated that the nexus4, or the iphone 5 was the best phone in the world (in fact i've not mentioned the iphone 5 at all).

i happened to have both the nexus4 and an s4 in my hands for a couple of days, and in my opinion the nexus4 was the better phone.

you were the one that come on stating the S4 was the best phone and anyone that said different was wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    but you've just said the "world of technology" says that the S4 is the best phone, so that means your opinion that the note2 is the best phone must be wrong.

also, i never once stated that the nexus4, or the iphone 5 was the best phone in the world (in fact i've not mentioned the iphone 5 at all).

i happened to have both the nexus4 and an s4 in my hands for a couple of days, and in my opinion the nexus4 was the better phone.

you were the one that come on stating the S4 was the best phone and anyone that said different was wrong.

You are just making things up as you go along now and it's simply laughable.

I said in the world of technology the s4 is better than the nexus, where did I say the s4 is the best phone full stop :confused: I don't recall you saying nor have I said that you claimed the iphone 5 was the best phone in the world either where you are getting this stuff from is all very weird.

My point was and is that the s4 is a better phone than the i5 and since you brought it into the equation for some strange reason better also than the nexus, end of. Anyone telling people either of these two phones are superior to the s4 is wrong and is misleading someone seeking an objective opinion.

Lastly and I thought I made this abundantly clear but perhaps not the note 2 is my phone of choice but not the best phone in the world, nor would I recommend it as such when someone asks which is better the i5 or s4 ;)
  • Options
    laurengirllaurengirl Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The debate is done now I have decided too get both :) thanks all LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My point was and is that the s4 is a better phone than the i5 and since you brought it into the equation for some strange reason better also than the nexus, end of. Anyone telling people either of these two phones are superior to the s4 is wrong and is misleading someone seeking an objective opinion.

IN YOUR OPINION.
    your opinion does not make it fact.

the term "best" is very subjective and it depends entirely on what you would use a device for and how you use it.
    Lastly and I thought I made this abundantly clear but perhaps not the note 2 is my phone of choice but not the best phone in the world, nor would I recommend it as such when someone asks which is better the i5 or s4 ;)

oh really
    I own a note 2 which I think is the best phone.
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laurengirl wrote: »

Hope you enjoy your phones.
  • Options
    Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laurengirl wrote: »

Can you come back and tell us which one is best. ;)

Enjoy.