McDonalds - Great Tastes of America

Comments

• AppleJuice:)AppleJuice:) Posts: 3,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MICH78 wrote: »
    Bacon again! I wonder how many people bother to put bacon on the burgers they have at home? McD's seem to think bacon is a necessity for every "special". Probably down to cost. The specials are quite expensive, yet the cost of extra ingrediants - ie bacon and a fancier bun - are fairly minimal.

I almost always do.

Bacon makes everything better!!!:D
  • route 101route 101 Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Cheddar DELUXE was a bit of let down , the burger patty is way bigger than the bun. Didnt even taste the cheddar .

Wispa Gold McFlurry was good tho.
  • LarryHillingtonLarryHillington Posts: 2,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the criss cut chips they had on there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the criss cut chips they had on there.

They are nice. Iceland do them, not sure about other supermarkets.
  • MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »
    Maybe because its a BK exclusive so why would they want another rival company doing the same burgers ?

Also throw in the fact that McDonalds is ££ cheaper than BK so i doubt they would want to put people off with £5 a burger.

Burger King cannot have an exclusive right to Angus

Aberdeen Angus is a breed of cattle.

Unless Burger King buy up all the beef from Aberdeen Angus, there is nothing to stop Mcdonalds doing a burger using breed.

Burger King may a trademark on certain burger names, but thats it.

The notion of Burger King having an exclusive deal is nonsense
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meepers wrote: »
    Burger King cannot have an exclusive right to Angus

Aberdeen Angus is a breed of cattle.

Unless Burger King buy up all the beef from Aberdeen Angus, there is nothing to stop Mcdonalds doing a burger using breed.

Burger King may a trademark on certain burger names, but thats it.

The notion of Burger King having an exclusive deal is nonsense

If you'd care to read back through the posts we'd had the discussion already and already came to the conclusion the poster was talking nonsense.
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    If you'd care to read back through the posts we'd had the discussion already and already came to the conclusion the poster was talking nonsense.

I guess that's partially my fault for bumping an old thread rather than starting a new one each time. The ridiculous Angus convo was actually ages ago, but was only one page back due to the gaps between posts about the GTOA and the Striker and Deluxe promos since.

That said, I have just read back through the last couple of pages again and have been in fits of laughter - it's quite amusing seeing the argument all in one go, rather than just seeing it unfold slowly at the time.
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Know what McDonalds need to make a permanent fixture on their menu.... mozzarella dippers. Although in saying that, if they did, I would have an even bigger belly than I already do!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought i'd just use this thread. McDonald's have finally created a special which doesn't involve bacon!

This special doesn't look too bad.

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/news/mcdonalds-promotes-taste-of-the-world-menu/4004409.article

http://m.mcdonalds.co.uk/food_single_item.php?item_id=11349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought i'd just use this thread. McDonald's have finally created a special which doesn't involve bacon!

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/news/mcdonalds-promotes-taste-of-the-world-menu/4004409.article

Not bad, I could be tempted by that.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Hmm.. so Bravas style sauce (spicy ketchup) and a couple of slices of Chorizo. Yep, feels like i;m in Spain already :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really feel they need to spruce up their main menu rather then repeated specials. How about Angus Third Pounders and Premium Chicken Sandwiches like they have in the US?
  • wcewce Posts: 76
    Forum Member

Don't worry they make up for that next week with the Aussie one which does include bacon!!! Apart from that one nice to see them doing something different for a change with the Spanish, Mexiacan and Indian ones just made me chuckle that they had to get the Bacon in there somewhere. Wish they would do some of the American menu items mind.

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/promotions.html
  • RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as they don't drag that mess of a big tasty out again haha
  • route 101route 101 Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Had one of the Spanish burgers earlier not bad at all . Onion rings are back again too,,
  • missyaliciamissyalicia Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've gone right off McDonalds. The meat tastes funny if you don't eat it hot and I just can't eat chicken at all.

I used to like the selects occasionally.

If I had to pick something now it would be an ordinary hamburger.

Their specials are way over priced.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wce wrote: »
    Don't worry they make up for that next week with the Aussie one which does include bacon!!! Apart from that one nice to see them doing something different for a change with the Spanish, Mexiacan and Indian ones just made me chuckle that they had to get the Bacon in there somewhere. Wish they would do some of the American menu items mind.

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/promotions.html

Oh dear, other promotions look lame as usual. Next week's Aussie one cannot be counted as a "special"!
    route 101 wrote: »
    Had one of the Spanish burgers earlier not bad at all . Onion rings are back again too,,

Think i will give this Spanish one a go, the paprika topped bun sounds nice and their onion rings are good, better than BK as you get more real onion.
  • dids858dids858 Posts: 3,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This spanish one is a rehash of one of the American ones minus the bacon and with some peppers added.
  • terry66532terry66532 Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    macdonalds should do a special edition Mcwhopper -- and see if any fireworks flare up.
  • missyaliciamissyalicia Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Know what McDonalds need to make a permanent fixture on their menu.... mozzarella dippers. Although in saying that, if they did, I would have an even bigger belly than I already do!

10 for £1 in Tesco
  • PaulieboyPaulieboy Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    RickWhite wrote: »
    As long as they don't drag that mess of a big tasty out again haha

i <3 ed the big tasty it was the best burger they did :)
  • SwarfegaSwarfega Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They brought a variant of these out a couple of years back.

I remember because I bought one. Don't think there was the style of bun but chorizo was definitely in existence. Well, it should have been.
    On leaving the drive thru - I took a bite expecting to taste chorizo. I didn't. Upon inspection, the reason became clear. There was no chorizo - there was however, yes, you guessed it - bacon.

Highly disappointing. So I complained on their website and a couple of weeks later a voucher came through the post.
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet again, an utterly uninspiring selection of "specials".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet again, an utterly uninspiring selection of "specials".

I know. The person in charge of the menu needs sacking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    I know. The person in charge of the menu needs sacking.

So what would you propose?