BB Australia is back

Comments

• SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is episode 23 (with the letter from 'House 2') the latest one? If so, I'm finally up to date! :)
  • RenThrayskRenThraysk Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is episode 23 (with the letter from 'House 2') the latest one? If so, I'm finally up to date! :)

Just watching now, there are two episodes today

Normal highlights, and then Confidential
  • happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    great twist
    but, BB really need to step up the action
    as the housemates are not all fully convinced
    of the second house being real
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahah

Confidential was brilliant this week. :)
    Forum Member
    Im sorry but not everyone can live up to Sara's high expectations of life
    she should learn to accept that everyone is different instead of picking holes in people constantly
    i really hope she goes this week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big.Brother.AU.S09E27.PDTV.x264-FQM

Sarah definitely needs to go, she seems to hold on to her gripes for all eternity.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be in the minority, but I really hope Ray is evicted rather than Sarah.
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be in the minority, but I really hope Ray is evicted rather than Sarah.
    Not alone..... Too bad it isn't a double though. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray is annoying , but he doesn't brow beat other house mates.

Sarah thinks she's right all the time because she's 30. Quite amusing that BB has gently pointed that out to her, but not sure if she got the drift.
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Ben, Sarah and Estelle are all getting on my nerves this week. The three of them seem to think they're in the right constantly. I don't like Bradley that much either but I don't like the way Benjamin talks down to him all the time.

I think Zoe's emerging as my early favourite.

Sarah to go this week.
    Forum Member
    kvn wrote: »
    Ben, Sarah and Estelle are all getting on my nerves this week. The three of them seem to think they're in the right constantly. I don't like Bradley that much either but I don't like the way Benjamin talks down to him all the time.

Sarah to go this week.

i agree about Zoe atm she is growing on me too
    although i like Josh and michael too
  • Red DevilRed Devil Posts: 13,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kvn wrote: »

Sarah to go this week.

I was just going to say that, especially when he was reading the task sheet and shouted at him to shut up, even though Layla was talking too.

But then I don't like Ben much anyway, wished he'd gone last week.

This week I agree Sarah should go, when she did that 'hand thing' (like a, I suppose, a shhing motion) to Estelle, I'm surprised Estelle didn't saying something to her about that.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want Ray to go. There is something about him that I just don't like. I think when Stacey said about conversations with him, he doesn't care what you have to say, he just wants to tell you how it is, I found I believed her because I could see him being like that. I also believed Layla when she said the way he looked at her sometimes, made her feel she needed to cover up. I could see him acting like that too. They're maybe sides we haven't fully seen, but from what we have seen, to me you could see them being very true. It does seem to be everything he says I just think shut up!

I know Sarah pretty much does the, I'm right thing too and it is very annoying, but I kind of want her to stay, because she is so condescending! It actually makes me laugh even though it must be so annoying to the HM's. I'd like her in there a bit longer because to me, she has a different personality to the rest of the house Whereas Ray to me doesn't, just a more sexist, macho one.

I do think though that Sarah could be up every week if she does stay.

I think with Ben and his I'm head of the house, there is a second house attitude, will also see him up. I don't really know what I feel about Ben. I do like his honesty and think he can be a laugh, but he doesn't seem to be able to suss when he goes too far. He also has no idea how to interact with a group of people. That kind of dictatorship logic could end up in them actually saying, ok then, you're not head of the house anymore, we'll get through it ourselves. I don't know if they will be brave enough to do it, but he could find that a few will talk about it, just so he isn't head anymore.

I do think if he'd been more diplomatic and used a more, for the good of this house, try and think there is a second house and don't keep questioning it because that's negative thinking and won't help, he would no doubt have got more support. He does seem to think making threats and treating people like he's their prison guard is the way to go. I'm not so sure, guess we'll see.

I'm not keen on Bradley, to me he is a teenage boy who thinks he knows everything and can say what he wants. Yeah he's like a lot of teenagers but can't be doing with it. I really don't like estelle either, she just bugs me!

I'm also finding Michael a bit annoying. He was moaning that people wouldn't put themselves up for the challenges and they were doing so because they didn't want to fail and therefore it not look good on them. But for a start, he is clever and should suss that some people are leaders and some followers. They may be wanting to not fail and look bad, but that's normally because they haven't got the confidence to lead.

Plus he was moaning about Angie, but she did actually say gawd knows how many times she played chess, but no one really listened to her. It does seem to be the boys and Sarah take over and do think that maybe Angie, Stacey, Layla and to some extent Estelle and Zoe can't offer anything so they don't really listen to them. Which is a load of bull.

The fact that Sarah quite happily deleted Laylas line from the HM 2 letter and no one had a problem with that, to me says they think Layla has little to offer. When her line was deleted I was waiting for someone to say that wasn't right or get her to do it again but it never happened. I assumed it was editing and we just didn't see it, but then Layla was in the DR and I found it really crap that what we saw was how it was.

I also feel with Michael he's not comfortable with the genius tag so tries to do the clown thing. I do think at times he's been funny, but I also do think a lot of it is for us. It's not really natural, just something he wants to desperatley be. Whereas someone like Stacey, I think it is natural to be the way she is. I know she can be annoying, but I do think that is her.

I find myself warming more to Angie, Layla and Stacey because of the fact they do seem to be seen by others as the lesser HM's. I really wasn't keen on Layla when she first went in, wasn't that interested in Angie at all and thought Stacey would be mare! So the fact I'm ok with them (at the moment!) and feel like I do is a bit of a surprise! I also find I'm liking Zoe, but I don't agree with her views, so I'm kind of a bit wary of her. But take away her views and she seems like a nice woman.

Sorry went on a bit there with my brain farts. Still want Ray to go though, but pretty sure looking at the twitters on the screen, Sarah is going.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like most of the HMs although some do irritate me at times, most of them are really nice and funny (well, apart from most of the girls).

The thing that strikes me is how funny Big Brother is! He comes out with some absolute corkers: 'HMs, this is not the theatre, you do not have to clap every time'; 'Benjamin, this isn't a Hallmark Card - get on with it'; 'George, are you nominating Bradley because he's lazy?' (George says yes) 'George that would've been quicker'; sending the cardboard cutout to the naughty room where Ryan (whateverhisnamewas) wasn't allowed to speak until further notice lol - absolutely loving this :D

Wonder if they'd let us borrow him for BBUK ;)

I would like Sarah to leave - as BB said to her: not every problem is hers to solve. She does tend to stick her oar in when it isn't wanted or requested and what makes her think that her way is the right way? Ray I don't mind so much anymore but wouldn't care if Bradley goes - he's a bit of a non-starter really and I can understand the other HMs getting fed up of him being unhelpful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eve_Dyer wrote: »
    I like most of the HMs although some do irritate me at times, most of them are really nice and funny (well, apart from most of the girls).

The thing that strikes me is how funny Big Brother is! He comes out with some absolute corkers: 'HMs, this is not the theatre, you do not have to clap every time'; 'Benjamin, this isn't a Hallmark Card - get on with it'; 'George, are you nominating Bradley because he's lazy?' (George says yes) 'George that would've been quicker'; sending the cardboard cutout to the naughty room where Ryan (whateverhisnamewas) wasn't allowed to speak until further notice lol - absolutely loving this :D

Wonder if they'd let us borrow him for BBUK ;)

I would like Sarah to leave - as BB said to her: not every problem is hers to solve. She does tend to stick her oar in when it isn't wanted or requested and what makes her think that her way is the right way? Ray I don't mind so much anymore but wouldn't care if Bradley goes - he's a bit of a non-starter really and I can understand the other HMs getting fed up of him being unhelpful.
    I love Big Brother too. I think sticking to the same person (or people who sound very alike if not the same) does give an impression of one person watching over them. I notice BBUk HM's will always say when talking about BB 'they', but Aus always says he. I just think it makes the show better. I do love his impatience and no messing attitude. As well as moments of being amusing. Maybe we can nab him and get him for ours!!!
  • JamesparcherJamesparcher Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, Benjamin and Sarah are awful! I can't believe everyone is letting Benjamin speak to them like he is, can't wait for him to hear that the second house is fake haha!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    I love Big Brother too. I think sticking to the same person (or people who sound very alike if not the same) does give an impression of one person watching over them. I notice BBUk HM's will always say when talking about BB 'they', but Aus always says he. I just think it makes the show better. I do love his impatience and no messing attitude. As well as moments of being amusing. Maybe we can nab him and get him for ours!!!

Isn't he just :D I think yoiu are right - it is better to have just one person and I might start a thread 'OPERATION: NAB AUSSIE BB' ;)

All in all, much more fun to watch and it's nice to sit and smile at what goes on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, Benjamin and Sarah are awful! I can't believe everyone is letting Benjamin speak to them like he is, can't wait for him to hear that the second house is fake haha!

The problem with Ben is that when he's funny, he's very funny and fun loving too but he does have that snappy side. Maybe that's why he gets away with it? I wouldn't like it if he went because I do like his humour; hopefully, the others will reign him in a bit.

Totally agree about Sarah though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big.Brother.AU.S09E28.Live.Eviction.PDTV.x264-FQM

Yeah, agree with some of the previous posts that BB AU is more enjoyable to watch. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my... can't wait til tomorrow :D
    Forum Member
    cant wait to find out what the super power will be
    The right person was evicted imo
    Not too sure i like having an intruder
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I agree about the one voiced BB - I would think with technology they could have a computerized voice translate anything others said but I've seen some of the translation & it's not always coherent.

I saw a special about how they do closed captioning - they had one person that the computer "understood" who would repeat & highly enunciate every word spoken. I always thought maybe scripts were loaded in & I think maybe that's the case with some services because sometimes the words don't match the captions at all - like there was a last minute script change.
  • JamesparcherJamesparcher Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised by the reveal of the house twist being tonight. I thought that they were going to carry it on for a bit longer and it felt a bit sudden it being announced tonight. Perhaps cancelled early due to most housemates realising it was fake anyway? Benjamin is still annoying me but with Sarah leaving Angie is back at the top of my SHUT UP list. Sarah came across well in her interview but glad she has gone. I've been finding Ray strangly endearing for a while now and his reaction to being saved cemented this! That along with the other housemates quickly masked shocked faces!
    Don't like the idea of new housemates, I've felt that not having lots of new housemates is one thing channel 5 has done right with BBUK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not keen on the new HM idea either. Plus not sure if she actually brings anymore to it, from the small bit we did see of her. So is this really just bringing in another HM? Not really an intruder just another body? Or will she leave say in a few days?

I still wanted Ray to go. I find him really annoying and can't be doing with his underlying sexism. I think he puts on a bit of an act too. Trying to hold in his macho BS side which doesn't always work. Whereas Sarah being so condescending used to make me laugh. But think she would've been up every week if she had stayed, so most prob best to get her out so they can find someone else to gripe about!!!