Options

Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I'm really looking forward to Jimmi standing up for himself, Cherry never used to annoy me quite so much as this!

About the intercom, I think it's fairly realistic, my surgery has always had an intercom, plus I like all the opportunities of overhearing conversations like the Jimmi/ Mrs Tembe/ examination debacle!
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »
    I agree. What's wrong with the doctors or Howard phoning reception/each other if they need to speak? It's also not necessary for calling the patients in either. My local surgery has a dot matrix which has the name of the patient and which room to go to.

So does mine...trouble is only half the chairs are facing it. Every time the bleep goes off to indicate a new message the unlucky patients have to jump up and run round to see it.:(

Enjoyed friday and today. Heston is coming across as a bit sleazy..I used to like him more than I do now.
    Poor Jimmy, trust Daniel to blame it on depression
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Heston's taste in women is abominable! oh what a damp squib the great Jimmi to Daniel reveal proved to be. Question is, will Jimmi crack up?
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,922
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Cherry has a very annoying habit of having her mouth gaping open alot of the time. I've noticed it for a while but it seems to be happening more and more!

Some fantastic posts about depression on here. My mum suffered from it in the 70's/early 80's and they plied her with tranquillisers and just kept on increasing the dose when she said they weren't working. Took her years to get off them a bit at a time which she did herself with no medical help. Some of the abiding memories of my childhood are coming home after school to find my mother still in bed, zonked out. Or passing out when she did get out of bed to go shopping as a family on saturday's - we had to be ready for anything and alot of the housework etc fell to me and my Grandmother. My friend's mother was treated in a similiar fashion. Thankfully it seems that the medical profession is a lot better at treating depression nowadays.

Glad someone else has noticed this, it has been driving me mad for ages. Karen does it all the time too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling I am alone here but I thought today's ep (Mon 15th) as one of the most enjoyable episodes ever. So much character reveal by stealth. Love the temp receptionist (she reminds me of the sister from Grandma's House) love Emma's manipulation of the e=increasingly adorable Howard! Heston in a tent! That bloke with the shoes (from a previous episode, someone help me out, a homeless guy ended up with Heston's shoes is this the same one?)
    Jimmi's guilt by stealth, Daniel's confession. Cherry's pretence, oooh what a meltdown I am expecting !!!
    10/10 :)
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Cherry has a very annoying habit of having her mouth gaping open alot of the time. I've noticed it for a while but it seems to be happening more and more!

She looks like she's catching flies most of the time. To be honest I don't really think much of her acting skills.
    Some fantastic posts about depression on here. My mum suffered from it in the 70's/early 80's and they plied her with tranquillisers and just kept on increasing the dose when she said they weren't working. Took her years to get off them a bit at a time which she did herself with no medical help. Some of the abiding memories of my childhood are coming home after school to find my mother still in bed, zonked out. Or passing out when she did get out of bed to go shopping as a family on saturday's - we had to be ready for anything and alot of the housework etc fell to me and my Grandmother. My friend's mother was treated in a similiar fashion. Thankfully it seems that the medical profession is a lot better at treating depression nowadays.

My mum had a breakdown in the 1960s and was put on valium for years. She eventually wanted to come off them and asked the doctor if they were addictive. His reply "I wouldn't put you on them if I thought they were addictive" :rolleyes: It took her a long time to come off them which she did without help. I've been on anti-depressants and decided after about 18 months that I'd been on them long enough. I reduced the dose slowly (you have to otherwise the withdrawal is horrendous). Eventually I was down to a tiny crumb, but even stopping that made me feel ill. Never again. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ]Karen does it all the time too.

Very often whilst masticating a mouthful of food. Yuck :(
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,867
    Forum Member
    I agree. What's wrong with the doctors or Howard phoning reception/each other if they need to speak? It's also not necessary for calling the patients in either. My local surgery has a dot matrix which has the name of the patient and which room to go to.

I think they must be doing the Doctors coming out to call the patients scenes to add more bits to the programme and have more interaction between the characters.
    I have a feeling I am alone here but I thought today's ep (Mon 15th) as one of the most enjoyable episodes ever. So much character reveal by stealth. Love the temp receptionist (she reminds me of the sister from Grandma's House) love Emma's manipulation of the e=increasingly adorable Howard! Heston in a tent! That bloke with the shoes (from a previous episode, someone help me out, a homeless guy ended up with Heston's shoes is this the same one?)
    Jimmi's guilt by stealth, Daniel's confession. Cherry's pretence, oooh what a meltdown I am expecting !!!

I take it you didn't read my post on the previous page then? :) I loved it too.

As its you I'l partially repeat the previous post for the BIB, yes it was the same old man from the episode "These Boots", final episode before Xmas 2010 I think it was.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,867
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    So does mine...trouble is only half the chairs are facing it. Every time the bleep goes off to indicate a new message the unlucky patients have to jump up and run round to see it.:(

Enjoyed friday and today. Heston is coming across as a bit sleazy..I used to like him more than I do now.
    Poor Jimmy, trust Daniel to blame it on depression

Yep I agree but it was Jimmi who told Daniel that his behaviour was down to depression, though I can't remember if Daniel told him that he shook baby joe or not.

I thought the way Daniel just nodded his head in an "oh right way" when jimmi told him that he knew was pretty farcical but at the same time quite hilarious! :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

I really enjoyed it too. Like the temp receptionist already, got a feeling she holds a torch for Howard. Love the fact Julia is still a part of everything even though she isn't around now too.

Anyone else pick up on various bits in Daniels scripting being more or less word for word what we have been saying about coping with depression these last few days? So many points those of us who have lived or are living it seemed to be made. If I didn't know better i would think we had written the script lol. Of course it shows how well Doctors have done their research on the subject of not only paternal depression but depression in general. Then again I always enjoy their mental health related stories a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    I think they must be doing the Doctors coming out to call the patients scenes to add more bits to the programme and have more interaction between the characters.

I take it you didn't read my post on the previous page then? :) I loved it too.

As its you I'l partially repeat the previous post for the BIB, yes it was the same old man from the episode "These Boots", final episode before Xmas 2010 I think it was.

Ah yes have caught up now, somerimes when I go to 'View First Unread' it seems to skip a page,I find navigating or even finding,these DS pages isnt always user friendly!

Looking forward to today's ep :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed Monday's . Howard is fitting in much better now. I noticed at the beginning he referred to Mrs Temb . , but then later called her Mrs Temb-ay . And Karen
    saying " Can I call you Winnie " " No you cannot"

And Cherry does look hot in bed, let's hope her replacement is just as attractive. The new temp seems a bit weird, so no doubt she will fit in as well.
  • Options
    Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A question - who is house sitting in Heston's house while he is house-sitting in Julia's? :D
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Just watched today's episode - Jimmi watching Holby City at the end... If this had been 10 years ago he'd have seen himself with blond hair and Karen in a nurse's uniform...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've got to catch up on this tomorrow - my damn tv decided to lose the stupid digital signal halfway through, and when I tried to watch it live on iplayer there was no picture! I preferred the analogue system :-(
  • Options
    Hackney1Hackney1 Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heston's posh lunch date on Monday - recognised her voice but can't place the programme i've seen her in before - anyone?:confused:
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Tuesday

quite a good daily storyline today. I thought Mandy played her part well and i enjoyed all those scenes.

Lol at Jas and her phone:D I thought Karens expression when Jas said it had fell down the toilet was funny and enjoyed the Pi$$ take scene with Kevin

Jimmi was watching Holby:eek: No wonder he was stairing at the screen because i expect he saw him self a young Jimmi with Blonde Hair:D

8/10:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got to catch up on this tomorrow - my damn tv decided to lose the stupid digital signal halfway through, and when I tried to watch it live on iplayer there was no picture! I preferred the analogue system :-(

BIB - i've been having the same problem with iPlayer-sound, no picture. Have found making it full screen on laptop via F11 key solves that. Frustrating though.
  • Options
    Kevin_BaptisteKevin_Baptiste Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Just seen Mondays... not one of my favourite episdoes ever.:(

I was mainly looking for a row with Cherry and Jimmi/Cherry and Daniel/Jimmi and Daniel- perhaps it'll come later on in the week?

Karen and Mrs Tembe made me laugh today- they never fail to crack me up! :D

I didn't really get the story with Heston, his lady friend and the homeless man who camped in his garden- didn't understand how the story resolved or why she was there in the first place. :confused:
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hackney1 wrote: »
    Heston's posh lunch date on Monday - recognised her voice but can't place the programme i've seen her in before - anyone?:confused:

The actress used to be in Drop the Dead Donkey..she played the snooty newsreader, Sally (who was in no way based on Selina Scott;))
  • Options
    Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed yesterday's episode a lot. Doctors seems to be improving again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :eek:<< Cherry's permanent expression these days.
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member

I know Cherry used to be a bit annoying with all her pink and sparkle....but since she married Jimmy shes gone really miserable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's pretty much spot on! :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Well, then.

Before today's (Thurs) episode, I have to admit that I was a bit unclear about whether or not Jimmie had even let Cherry know that he found out her secret (affair...not just the Pill...)

Thought things were a bit too calm for that to be the case...apart from Jimmie kicking about mop buckets.

In any case, Adios Princess Bubblegum! :D
This discussion has been closed.