World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion 40 (Spoilers)

Comments

• BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh This Is Awesome really needs to go, it very rarely is and weakens what truly is awesome lol

To be fair to the crowd though if this is their one experience of WWE all year (as it may be for many) then I don't begrudge them doing it and enjoying it. Rather that than them just sitting on their hands all night.

Of course it's annoying how overused it is and they could easily use another chant and save that 'this is awesome' only for totally awesome moments but it's understandable I guess lol.

That said sometimes the crowd go majorly overboard. Bryan/Ziggler on the post Mania Raw this year is an example - the fans seemed to chant 'this is awesome' every time the two breathed.

That said, I'd throw the 'WHAT' chant straight into Room 101 -sadly in place of the 619.

It stopped being entertaining 12 years ago (if not earlier).
  • stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    Can we also chuck in the whole of Raw 2015 as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu64 wrote: »
    Can we also chuck in the whole of Raw 2015 as well.

I've happy enough with that. :D
  • AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    Topic 1: The 619, Alberto Del Rio and that Katie Vick angle.

(I had to use all my mental strength not to throw modern-day Lawler and Brennan in there too).

Topic 2: WM31. To have been there for the Rollins cash-in, Sting's first WWE appearance, THAT RKO etc.
    WM XXX would've been close too - again agree with Hollie that seeing the Streak end in person would be incredible

......:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    ......:D

Jammy sod. :D

Wasn't there another poster who went too (can't remember who exactly but possibly jmrich)?
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The WHAT? chants are incredibly annoying. Didn't think of the chants at all when thinking of my three. The 'This is Awesome' chant is overused too, but it's saving grace for me is that it's a positive chant.
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Naked Mideon

2. summerslam 1992
  • JEStansfieldJEStansfield Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    WWE things into Room 101 -

1. John Cena's obvious spot calling during matches
    2. Dog Kennel from Hell match
    3. The ending of The Undertaker's streak.

PPV I wish I could have attended:

Top choice has to Wrestlemania X7 but in a close second would be SummerSlam 2000. Of the modern era shows, Backlash 2009, No Mercy 2008 or Money in the Bank 2011.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Since this thread is rightly quiet as hell at the moment thought I might add a few topics that might at least get some posts going.

Topic 1: If you had 3 things related to WWE you'd put in Room 101 what would they be? Could be a superstar, gimmick, match type, PPV or particular piece of booking.

That said I'm not sure stuff like mid-card booking/Creative etc. should be allowed otherwise it'll be full of stuff like that. :D

Topic 2: If you could've chosen one wrestling event to attend live what would it have been?

1) big show, raws 3rd hour, john cena

2) over the edge 99 so i could try to save owen hart. Honery mentions for me WM 14, WM17 & survivor series 97.
    Forum Member
    Well if people were in two minds or not to watch Raw later then this may help ;

Ric Flair will be appearing in a segment involving his daughter.

So that is me missing Raw then. Why oh why they keep allowing him to appear on Raw is beyond me. Ratings are through the fall and yet from all the legends they could have return it is always the same 3/4 wrestlers that keep on coming back.
  • JEStansfieldJEStansfield Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Well if people were in two minds or not to watch Raw later then this may help ;

Ric Flair will be appearing in a segment involving his daughter.

So that is me missing Raw then. Why oh why they keep allowing him to appear on Raw is beyond me. Ratings are through the fall and yet from all the legends they could have return it is always the same 3/4 wrestlers that keep on coming back.

I wonder if WWE want to go full controversy on this one by having Ric stumble his way to the ring, clearly inebriated, before grabbing Charlotte and screaming "Why aren't you him?" repeatedly in her face.
    Forum Member
    I wonder if WWE want to go full controversy on this one by having Ric stumble his way to the ring, clearly inebriated, before grabbing Charlotte and screaming "Why aren't you him?" repeatedly in her face.

Haha that would be worth watching and with Flair, I would not put it past him.

Reading stuff over the weekend it seems they are yet again trying to make out The Wyatt's are all scary as they fued with The Dudleys...least they may win this one.
  • Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Since this thread is rightly quiet as hell at the moment thought I might add a few topics that might at least get some posts going.

Topic 1: If you had 3 things related to WWE you'd put in Room 101 what would they be? Could be a superstar, gimmick, match type, PPV or particular piece of booking.

That said I'm not sure stuff like mid-card booking/Creative etc. should be allowed otherwise it'll be full of stuff like that. :D

Topic 2: If you could've chosen one wrestling event to attend live what would it have been?

Sorry if it's a bit late but I had to think long and hard about it and here are my answers to your topics:

1. Divas Revolution, Donald Trump vs Rosie O Donnell, and New Day segment from last week's Raw

2. Wrestlemania X8 just for Rock/Hogan 2 of the WWEs biggest icons in a match that surely no one thought would ever happen.
    Forum Member
    I see it's oh so quiet on this thread *expects an appearance from Bjork*. Anyways with so much on the telly recently I have just finished watching last week's Breaking Ground and I just don't know what to say about Mojo Rawley words just fail me.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    I know what to say about him. He needs to chill himself out because he gets on my tits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if it's a bit late but I had to think long and hard about it and here are my answers to your topics:

1. Divas Revolution, Donald Trump vs Rosie O Donnell, and New Day segment from last week's Raw

2. Wrestlemania X8 just for Rock/Hogan 2 of the WWEs biggest icons in a match that surely no one thought would ever happen.

After a week I'm still struggling to see what the point of that segment was. Nothing happened as a result of it - no brawl/no match for next week/no anger - nothing.
    And if they're building to Usos/Luchas/New Day (which would be a good match) there are about a hundred better ways they could've done it.

I have to admit though I find the Fake Donald v Fake Rosie match hilarious - though not in the way intended. It's so awful and the crowd totally shitting on it is hilarious.

That said I think other segments are more deserving of Room 101. Kathie/Lee Hoda more than deserve a spot - at least the New Day thing involved main roster superstars lol.

Also, I'm amazed that Lana/Ziggler/Rusev stuff hasn't popped up yet given the anguish it caused earlier this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see it's oh so quiet on this thread *expects an appearance from Bjork*. Anyways with so much on the telly recently I have just finished watching last week's Breaking Ground and I just don't know what to say about Mojo Rawley words just fail me.

He's a guilty pleasure of mine. :blush:
    I really like how happy he and energetic he is.
    Forum Member
    Harris_07 wrote: »
    He's a guilty pleasure of mine. :blush:
    I really like how happy he and energetic he is.

Don't get me wrong I loved that moment he had with that kid who got good grades but to me there's being happy and energetic and there's being annoying and honestly I cannot stand the guy I feel so deflated whenever I hear the words I don't get hype I stay hype I don't know who I find more annoying him, Joe Swash, or Olly Murs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong I loved that moment he had with that kid who got good grades but to me there's being happy and energetic and there's being annoying and honestly I cannot stand the guy I feel so deflated whenever I hear the words I don't get hype I stay hype I don't know who I find more annoying him, Joe Swash, or Olly Murs.

I get what you mean. I like his character. He'd be annoying as a friend. Don't know much of the other two, I know that Joe Swash was in EastEnders.
    Forum Member
    I see this place again very quite for Raw night. I will just skim through it the morning.

Looking at the Raw 5 point preview, nothing really interests me.

I wonder if the viewing numbers will be even lower this week again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see this place again very quite for Raw night. I will just skim through it the morning.

Looking at the Raw 5 point preview, nothing really interests me.

I wonder if the viewing numbers will be even lower this week again?

On that last point, I wouldn't be surprised.

My respect to anyone who does make it through the show live - I might just read the results and not even bother recording it. It's not as if I'll miss anything or be hugely entertained by anything on there.
    Forum Member
    On that last point, I wouldn't be surprised.

My respect to anyone who does make it through the show live - I might just read the results and not even bother recording it. It's not as if I'll miss anything or be hugely entertained by anything on there.

I liked how Vince talked about the move for Smackdown joining Raw on the USA network, he called them two ratings juggernauts.

I do worry for the future as he and others close to him bury their heads in to the sand.
    Forum Member
    Harris_07 wrote: »
    I get what you mean. I like his character. He'd be annoying as a friend. Don't know much of the other two, I know that Joe Swash was in EastEnders.

Olly Murs apparently presents the X Factor I think I don't watch the show I know that he once mucked up on one of the results show and Joe Swash presents that I'm a Celebrity spinoff on ITV2 just wish Sheamus would go to Australia and Brogue Kick him off that bridge>:(:D.
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    for the love of christ, please USA network cancel this abortion of a show.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,987
    Forum Member
    And replace it with what?
This discussion has been closed.