Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bloke sitting on the train with frogs and rabbits and other animals,? the train isn't British, it looks continental.
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wiltshire Farm Foods - Will this advert just GO AWAY already! I've probably seen it at least 100 times. GET OFF MY SCREEN NOW! :mad:
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    It's nice to know deoderant ads are moving with the times and our increasingly sedentary lifestyles.

Does this new deoderant protect you during heavy sport? No, but it's great if you want to hold your arms up in the air like a crazy person when sat in the audience, watching a husband/ wife playing who wants to be a millionaire.

I know what you're thinking. It's a bit of a niche situation for sure, but before this came along, when I was sat in the audience of who wants to be a millionaire watching a relative playing, I had to keep my arms down for fear spreading around the hideous scent of tension.
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anytime i see a celeb endorsing a product (Brad Pitt, David Tennant etc) I couldn't give a shit about the product they are adverting,

I just think 'just HOW much did they pay you to do this crap??'
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    and I bet they're thinking "I can't believe how much they pay me to do this crap" :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    and I bet they're thinking "I can't believe how much they pay me to do this crap" :p

Speaking of crap, I just noticed the other day that friggin' scrunch or fold Andrex ad is voiced over at the end by the ubiquitous Rob Brydon.

Is there no advert he won't put his name to?
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TracerTong wrote: »
    Anytime i see a celeb endorsing a product (Brad Pitt, David Tennant etc) I couldn't give a shit about the product they are adverting,

He needs to be seen to be doing something hence why the crap Virgin advert, his career has floundered since Who, must really annoy the freck out of him that freeman,tate and smith are becoming known stateside. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member

Agreed. Not for one minute is it believable that the celebrity does actually buy that product for themselves.
    But it's when the really rich and famous celebrities do the begging on charity adverts, especially after a disaster, that I get really mad.
    Remember the 2004 tsunami and the Beckhams, for example, telling us to put our hands in our pockets? It was insulting. We didn't need celebritites to tell us.
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Agreed. Not for one minute is it believable that the celebrity does actually buy that product for themselves.
    But it's when the really rich and famous celebrities do the begging on charity adverts, especially after a disaster, that I get really mad.
    Remember the 2004 tsunami and the Beckhams, for example, telling us to put our hands in our pockets? It was insulting. We didn't need celebritites to tell us.
    I can see the services like Virgin or Sky being used by them, but do they have to be so OTT about it. Maybe it's the money they're being paid.

Agreed that millionaire celebs asking US to dig deep doe's grate, Their ego's must lead them to believe that we will cos they say so!
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    crowby1 wrote: »
    Speaking of crap, I just noticed the other day that friggin' scrunch or fold Andrex ad is voiced over at the end by the ubiquitous Rob Brydon.

Is there no advert he won't put his name to?

Add James Cordon and Joanne Page... it's like a Gavin and Stacey reunion :yawn:
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wink Bingo advert with the dancing dog. Was the advertising department on drugs?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wiltshire Farm Foods - Will this advert just GO AWAY already! I've probably seen it at least 100 times. GET OFF MY SCREEN NOW! :mad:
    Or as the wee fella likes to call 'em "Wootshire Farm Foods"....................:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sinistra wrote: »
    Or as the wee fella likes to call 'em "Wootshire Farm Foods"....................:D

Where the poor old lady and bloke so grateful for their dinners are actors?
  • Options
    Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree about the Wiltshire Farm Foods ad. Ronnie Corbett sounds like he's got a gob full of marbles.
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have said it before but I hate trivago it seems to be non stop that advert , that woman's voice is just so irritating.
  • Options
    McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    ...yes, Trivago ..again! Absolute pain.

..and that darn Victoria Plumb shiny faced smug girl in the bath is driving me nuts! ...4 times on Sky news ads in the past 90 minutes! :mad:
  • Options
    zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it me or did I just see Antonio Banderas in an Extra ad :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    I really don't like the Heinz ad with the invisible ketchup bottle.:mad: Some of the people are quite ugly :D:D
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One that really annoys me - that Virgin Media commercial with the trio of David Tennants all fighting it out to watch three programmes.
  • Options
    sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand the nasally voiced woman on the Available Cars advert who tells you that if you buy a car from Available Cars that among other thing they will clean it and give you two sets of keys before handing it over to you. Wow!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the National Accident Helpline ad with the two dog/gingerbread things and the tortuous "I heard it through the grapevine, national accident helpline" song the female dog produces a mobile phone from her bum and hands it to the male dog, weird.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    National Accident compo-line.
    Aargh, another classic song ruined - it should be illegal......
    To add insult to injury (see what I did there) it's one of those of those shabby ads with that work-shy dog shaped like a t**d.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I won't buy anything a celeb advertises or if I don't like the ad :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    One that really annoys me - that Virgin Media commercial with the trio of David Tennants all fighting it out to watch three programmes.

I love these ads :o Think they are funny making Richard Branson like a doddery old man :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Galaxy Note II .. with the Happy Birthday thing :mad:
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Galaxy Note II .. with the Happy Birthday thing :mad:
    Why do all phone ads seem to be the same. They have a quirky annoying song and just clips of fingers wiping a screen
This discussion has been closed.