Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 9)

Comments

• DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank goodness Kerry and Amy have been arrested! How disgusting of the pair of them to turn up at Joanie's home, kicking off! I have no sympathy for Amy at all, she's acted like an immature idiot and has shown that she shouldn't be allowed near Kyle. Joanie gave her a chance but she pushed and demanded and effectively stalked the pair of them. As far as I'm concerned, they should throw away the key as I'm sick of Amy's miserable fizzog!
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness Kerry and Amy have been arrested! How disgusting of the pair of them to turn up at Joanie's home, kicking off! I have no sympathy for Amy at all, she's acted like an immature idiot and has shown that she shouldn't be allowed near Kyle. Joanie gave her a chance but she pushed and demanded and effectively stalked the pair of them. As far as I'm concerned, they should throw away the key as I'm sick of Amy's miserable fizzog!

^^^This
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I think the Amy storyline must have been massively speeded up, I can't imagine Emmerdale spending what is probably a comparatively high wage for a reasonably well known actress to play Joannie only for her to
    leave quite quickly and
    form no friendships with anyone in the village.

The same is happening with the Rachel/Jai storyline although just not as noticeably. I would imagine it is part of Oates clear-out of old stories so she can start new ones.

At some point, in my opinion, there will be some big changes for Dom and Gemma who are quite isolated at the moment, either they'll leave or be given a purpose.

Followed by the equally isolated Macey clan; I think both Declan and Megan could be great, Robbie is a bit of a lost cause especially with a host of young men arriving in the form of the Bartons.

Some young women will also be needed. Currently there is the very young Gaby, the nearly as young Belle and Gemma, young Victoria and then a comparatively big jump up to Katie, Priya and Debbie (who, granted, is only 24, but acts a lot older). They need some 18-24 ladies.
  • Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ric there is a common denominator in both those storylines, an actress at the centre of them quit
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's still a shame to see the character and actress leave at the end of this pile of crap she's been given. She's been a fairly popular character so she doesn't really deserve to go out on a negative note with so many starting to dislike her and wanting to see the back of her.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    could someone tell me, how old was Jasmine when she got pregnant?
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    :D Yes, but it was Kerry, not Amy, who called JoanieMan about the diabetes. JoanieMan could have said Kerry could come to her place, on the strict condition that Amy didn't come along as well. But no, the whole point of it was to have another silly scene - the one we've seen a mazillion times already - of Amy wailing in the street for KyleMan moronically for a few seconds.

And I don't buy that idea of Joanie coming to see Kerry 'just in case' either - any bait Amy, Kerry etc. throw at Joanie, she takes. Yet she's so anti-Amy. So, does Joanie want Amy to be a part of Kyle's life or not? I doubt even Kate Oates herself knows the answer! :rolleyes:

TBF, Joanie probably didn't want Kerry to know where her house was, and after tonight she was proved right:mad:. No wonder she said she'd go and meet her in the cafe, I wouldn't want Despicable Ma anywhere near where I lived either!

16 or 17 I think, wait for Star she'll probably be able to tell you the date, time and place it was conceived:o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

16 or 17 I think, wait for Star she'll probably be able to tell you the date, time and place it was conceived:o:D

I thought it was around that age, I made the mistake of looking at Cain and Amy clips (ewww) and someone was talking about Jasmine and called our Cain a paedophile :eek::eek: He's many things but that ain't on of them!! I'm going to buy that person a dictionary for Christmas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I know Jimmy, that's a big part (indeed the major reason) in those two major storylines suddenly being sped up, I would imagine Denise Black was a bit peeved off! I would imagine this was meant to be a long running storyline between Amy and Joannie, expect Cain not to be on your screens as much as usual over the next few months. I thought with Amy leaving he might have become the new focus for the Kyle storylines.

You always get a few actors leaving when a new producer/director comes onto soaps, mix of new work practices and people just deciding it's a good time to leave.
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricmcc1766 wrote: »
    I know Jimmy, that's a big part (indeed the major reason) in those two major storylines suddenly being sped up, I would imagine Denise Black was a bit peeved off! I would imagine this was meant to be a long running storyline between Amy and Joannie, expect Cain not to be on your screens as much as usual over the next few months. I thought with Amy leaving he might have become the new focus for the Kyle storylines.

You always get a few actors leaving when a new producer/director comes onto soaps, mix of new work practices and people just deciding it's a good time to leave.

BIB Never make such a terrible suggestion;) Nah I think they'll fill out any gaps with Barton and Charity/Jai/ stuff, so we should see a lot of both Charity and Cain. Are they bringing the ending of the Rachel/charity/Jai story further forward? I thought it was due to end soon anyway.
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jasmine :cry:

I can but I warn you this storyline gets me angry :o:mad:

She was 16.

Jasmine was 16 when Cain got her pregnant (:mad:). She had an abortion on the 7th August 06 and she turned 17 on the 16th August 06.

I cannot tell you the date/nor time/nor place it was conceived because they slept together more than once :mad: However she had an abortion 7/08/06
    I thought it was around that age, I made the mistake of looking at Cain and Amy clips (ewww) and someone was talking about Jasmine and called our Cain a paedophile He's many things but that ain't on of them!! I'm going to buy that person a dictionary for Christmas.

He might not be one of those but back then he was a vile, cruel man and a terrible father :mad:

*For what it's worth I love Cain now but back then.. not so much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricmcc1766 wrote: »
    I think the Amy storyline must have been massively speeded up, I can't imagine Emmerdale spending what is probably a comparatively high wage for a reasonably well known actress to play Joannie only for her to
    leave quite quickly and
    form no friendships with anyone in the village.

The same is happening with the Rachel/Jai storyline although just not as noticeably. I would imagine it is part of Oates clear-out of old stories so she can start new ones.

At some point, in my opinion, there will be some big changes for Dom and Gemma who are quite isolated at the moment, either they'll leave or be given a purpose.

Followed by the equally isolated Macey clan; I think both Declan and Megan could be great, Robbie is a bit of a lost cause especially with a host of young men arriving in the form of the Bartons.

Some young women will also be needed. Currently there is the very young Gaby, the nearly as young Belle and Gemma, young Victoria and then a comparatively big jump up to Katie, Priya and Debbie (who, granted, is only 24, but acts a lot older). They need some 18-24 ladies.

Victoria and Amy are both at least 18, but I take your point!
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was around that age, I made the mistake of looking at Cain and Amy clips (ewww) and someone was talking about Jasmine and called our Cain a paedophile :eek::eek: He's many things but that ain't on of them!! I'm going to buy that person a dictionary for Christmas.
    He also slept with Ollie Reynolds who wouldn't have been much older than 16 at the time.
    He seduced & slept with her to get back at being knocked back by her mother.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    Jasmine :cry:

I can but I warn you this storyline gets me angry :o:mad:

She was 16.

Jasmine was 16 when Cain got her pregnant (:mad:). She had an abortion on the 7th August 06 and she turned 17 on the 16th August 06.

I cannot tell you the date/nor time/nor place it was conceived because they slept together more than once :mad: However she had an abortion 7/08/06

He might not be one of those but back then he was a vile, cruel man and a terrible father :mad:

*For what it's worth I love Cain now but back then.. not so much.

:D:D Not the date/time/place, but close enough:p. I knew you'd know all the details in that particular story, better than anyone else, your like a Emcyclopedia where Jasmine features:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He also slept with Ollie Reynolds who wouldn't have been much older than 16 at the time.
    He seduced & slept with her to get back at being knocked back by her mother.

Further proof that it's Cain who's always been the number one slag in the village.
  • crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member

He does have a history however, Amy, Jasmine and Ollie Reynolds. Charity I suppose was around the same age as him at the time she had Debbie and Ollie to be fair was more to wind her mother up.

He is a bit of slag, and does seem to use sex as a weapon. Jasmine was get back at Debbie :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    Further proof that it's Cain who's always been the number one slag in the village.
    He does have a history however, Amy, Jasmine and Ollie Reynolds. Charity I suppose was around the same age as him at the time she had Debbie and Ollie to be fair was more to wind her mother up.

He is a bit of slag, and does seem to use sex as a weapon. Jasmine was get back at Debbie :eek:
    It'll surprise you all but I'll agree - he does have serious issues. It's not paedophilia (surely that implies a desire for children?) but the affairs with Ollie and Jasmine were purely to get at other people. There's only a couple of years between him and Charity, it's negligible especially as girls do tend to be a bit more emotionally mature than boys at that age. But he was (and to some extent still is) very angry about something, needs to control everything and destroy it before someone else does, and I guess using sex as a weapon is a way of doing that.

He's definitely a slapper but at least he's mellowing and seems to be learning a few lessons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D Not the date/time/place, but close enough:p. I knew you'd know all the details in that particular story, better than anyone else, your like a Emcyclopedia where Jasmine features

Well if you really wanted I could find the exact episodes (dates) they slept together (in reference to place; it was either The Dingles place, his car or the security office that he worked in at the time) but as it was more than once, I cannot confirm in which she got pregnant :p

Of course I do. I didn't even look those dates up (I'm unsure of whether to be proud or embarrassed about that :o:D)

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    Well if you really wanted I could find the exact episodes (dates) they slept together (in reference to place; it was either The Dingles place, his car or the security office that he worked in at the time) but as it was more than once, I cannot confirm in which she got pregnant :p

Of course I do. I didn't even look those dates up (I'm unsure of whether to be proud or embarrassed about that :o:D)

:eek::D:D:D I thought I was bad:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not debating his history, I know he's been around the block and back again for good measure. What my issue was with is someone calling him paedophile, he certainly isn't that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's definitely a slapper but at least he's mellowing and seems to be learning a few lessons.

I reckon Jeff will stay in ED for many years to come (good) and that means there'll quite a few more notches on Cain's bedpost before he settles down for the quiet life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not debating his history, I know he's been around the block and back again for good measure. What my issue was with is someone calling him paedophile, he certainly isn't that.

that word's the same as 'bullying' - overused and misused (and I don't mean to make light of either real paedophilia or bullying by saying that)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spunger wrote: »
    I reckon Jeff will stay in ED for many years to come (good) and that means there'll quite a few more notches on Cain's bedpost before he settles down for the quiet life.

Glendarroch's now off to research 'how to get an acting job in Emmerdale':D:D
  • 80's Gal80's Gal Posts: 12,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A 16 year old boy who sleeps with a 15 year old girl can be classed as a paedophile. It's a very serious issue but the word is often used out of context unfortunately :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek::D:D I thought I was bad:D

Ok that confirms I should be embarrassed and not proud :o But yes it's true, if it's about Debbie and Jasmine, I know it ;)
    Glendarroch's now off to research 'how to get an acting job in Emmerdale':D

:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.