Options

Does anyone have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Project 2013 please?

DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I need to be able to see at a glance where there is gaps between dates...

I will try and explain...
The company I work for among other things, manages buildings. I have a draft painting programme for the year and as the budgets are agreed with each building, I programme in their works. The stuff that isn't agreed is still in there, but in as draft til costs and durations are firmed up.

Some buildings can't start after a certain date (as it depends when their budgets are in) so what I want to see is where there is gaps in the programme, without me having to look at start and finishes, line by line.

I know formulas in MSP are possible and I was hoping if someone could help me with some kind of formula that says "If this tasks finish date is more than one day than to the next tasks start date, colour me yellow"

Building Start Finish
Building 1 01/03/15 04/03/15
Building 2 05/0315 15/03/15 <-- colour this one yellow
Building 3 20/03/15 22/03/15
Building 4 23/03/15 02/04/15
Building 5 03/04/15 17/04/15

So what I would want it to do is highlight in some way Building 2 finish date as there is a 5 day gap between when Building 2 finishes and Building 3 starts.

I use the flags to colour up resources, using a formula, so I was hoping someone with a bit more knowledge than me could find a way?

I could do this in excel, but it would mean copying, pasting etc into excel everytime I wanted to check for gaps, if it was something I could set up in MSP just the once, that would be loads better....

Thanks!

Comments