Options

Facebook - pages you might not have liked yet showing in feed

DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is anyone else finding posts from pages they are positive they haven't liked?

First up Glen Beck posts show up in my feed and when I checked the page, i had "liked it" now ones by "grocycle". I am a gerzillion percent positive i would never have liked Glen Becks page in a million years, and I dont remember liking Grocycle.

I asked the question on my status and it seems to have happened to a few friends, (another one of mine had Glen Beck too!).

The only thing i an think is Some pages are buying up old up-for-sale pages and thus inheriting their likers? Is that possible?

Its just annoying and better not be the way its going because i dont appreciate being added to pages when I didnt say so!

Comments

• Options
    Adam FirstAdam First Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    This has happened to me and one of my friends on there accused me of all sorts as it was a unsavoury article.

I tend not to like Facebook much anymore anyway.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like... being ViolAted?
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure it's not because they are 'Sponsored' or 'suggested' posts?

Advertisers can pay for ordinary posts to appear in peoples news-feeds even if they never liked the page.
  • Options
    Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not because they are 'Sponsored' or 'suggested' posts?

Advertisers can pay for ordinary posts to appear in peoples news-feeds even if they never liked the page.

This ^

I payed a few times to market my music page to people who actually like the music I play and produce its great that you can be so specific and target the right people. My posts are getting more comments, more discussions and more people liking my page.

Suggested pages and sponsored pages I believe are either big name companies or small ones with an honest budget trying the FB approach to business.