Options

Do men still buy wigs?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My great Auntie has had alopecia since childhood so has always worn a wig. I think she gets them from the NHS so they're not great by any means of the imagination.

When I was a child I was at her house with my brother and sister and we were playing hide and seek. I hid in the (dark) cupboard under the stairs when my hand touched something furry, I screamed and ran out of the cupboard with my Aunties wig in my hand. :o

A bit embarrassing all round, but has also left me slightly phobic of wigs!

I don't think there's ever a good enough reason for a man to wear a wig, just shave it all off! But it's different for women, shame it's not more of the 'norm' to see bald women, so those with alopecia or whatever could just get on with it without having to wear hot itchy wigs all the time. Fair play to Gail Porter in that respect.

PS. I think Ant McPartlin's hair looks decidedly iffy these day...
  • Options
    KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poppycat wrote: »
    My great Auntie has had alopecia since childhood so has always worn a wig. I think she gets them from the NHS so they're not great by any means of the imagination.

Really? A friend of mine had to wear one after chemo, and hers was excellent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KBBJ wrote: »
    Really? A friend of mine had to wear one after chemo, and hers was excellent.

Tbh, I've not seen her for years, so maybe they're better now, but I'm thinking back to the 80's really, so yes, chances are they have improved since then, thinking about it! :)