Cool Stop-Motion Photography of US Eastcoast Blizzard

MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
Forum Member
Somebody posted this in another thread, but to get it more attention I thought this cool video should have its own thread. It shows the amount of snow that fell over 20 hours.

http://vimeo.com/18213768

Comments

• The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
    Forum Member
    I've seen enough snow to last me the rest of the winter. So happy to see it defrosting this morning.
  • Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Typical Americans, just showing off as usual.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:yawn:
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member

I remember you. You created a thread here about how you hated America and Americans. Now you show up and whinge about Americans "showing off." Showing off what? Their ability to make the skies open up and snow a lot? Please seek psychiatric help if you are not doing so already.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky Americans. I'm so disappointed all the snow has gone. It was far less depressing looking at the snow than the damp, grey, foggy, drizzly weather we have now.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    I remember you. You created a thread here about how you hated America and Americans. Now you show up and whinge about Americans "showing off." Showing off what? Their ability to make the skies open up and snow a lot? Please seek psychiatric help if you are not doing so already.:rolleyes:

Don't bite, that's what he wants you to do. Thanks for sharing the link.
  • Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool link. Who got the job of running out to keep moving the clock I wonder?
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I wonder if their trains are still running? It snowed here about 1000th of that and our travel shut down#!
  • AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't bite, that's what he wants you to do. Thanks for sharing the link.

yeah, his posts are notorious for this sort of thing...

cool vid. thanks. I've only seen snow fall once in my life and that was in France of all places.. lol
  • late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Just shows how much of our country goes OTT over a couple of inches stopping a train. THAT is real snow.

And again, here it doesn't last long- I don't know why we make such a fuss. 3 days ago it was sub zero here, snow on the ground and the rivers were frozen. Today it 10C and not one trace of snow is left.
  • dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Achtung! wrote: »
    Cool link. Who got the job of running out to keep moving the clock I wonder?

That's the 1st thing I thought when I saw the clock moving about! :p
    Aerick wrote: »
    cool vid. thanks. I've only seen snow fall once in my life and that was in France of all places.. lol

Crazy video! I have seen snow before, but never THAT much! :p
  • 555555 Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It puts into perspective how utterly pathetic we are when 2" falls in the UK.
  • bollywoodbollywood Posts: 67,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love that and watched it four times since it was first posted. Thanks for re-posting. I am trying to imagine the effort in making sure the clock was still showing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was shown on one of the American news stations. Quite impressive.
  • tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    555 wrote: »
    It puts into perspective how utterly pathetic we are when 2" falls in the UK.

how does it illustrate that?
    Forum Member
    how does it illustrate that?

I think that person just meant that it snows a lot more heavily in certain places outside the UK and yet those places don't declare the end of the world.:) [Yes, I have seen some of the hysterical UK media reports about even tiny amounts of snowfall.]:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that person just meant that it snows a lot more heavily in certain places outside the UK and yet those places don't declare the end of the world.:) [Yes, I have seen some of the hysterical UK media reports about even tiny amounts of snowfall.]:D

that tiresome myth is the result of our unpredictable maritime weather and their predictable continental weather.
    Forum Member
    that tiresome myth is the result of our unpredictable maritime weather and their predictable continental weather.

What is the "tiresome myth" that you are referring to?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is the "tiresome myth" that you are referring to?

"why cant the uk cope when they can in canda/russia/germany.."
    Forum Member
    "why cant the uk cope when they can in canda/russia/germany.."

But that's not a "myth." It is just a question with enough edge in it to constitute a complaint. I suppose the question is: Is it a reasonable complaint? Perhaps not. It just makes sense that people who are used to dealing with snow will be better at dealing with snow.

I still think the UK media reports about snow are very amusing.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68mkgir5fbw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But that's not a "myth." It is a question with enough edge in it to constitute a complaint. I suppose the question is: Is it a reasonable complaint? Perhaps not. It just makes sense that people who are used to dealing with snow will be better at dealing with snow.

It is the assumption of stupidity with little knowledge of meteorology or big scale budgeting.