ParaNorman

MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can't believe no-one's mentioned this yet.

Great little film.
There's something to catch your eye almost all the way through it. Brilliant voice performances and amazing animation.
The pace blasts along at break-neck speed apart from an unfortunate lull at the last minute.

And all this in perfect 2D, no need for crap-o-vision 3D.

I can't wait to see this at home on Blu-ray, it will look awesome.

*Loved the last line from the dumb, hunky jock - how very diverse!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took my son to see this for his 8th birthday and we both really enjoyed it.

I did think it was actually quite scary, well not for me but for younger kids, my son wasn't scared but I do think it was quite intense and maybe not suitable for very young children.
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poppycat wrote: »
    I took my son to see this for his 8th birthday and we both really enjoyed it.

I did think it was actually quite scary, well not for me but for younger kids, my son wasn't scared but I do think it was quite intense and maybe not suitable for very young children.

Yeah, i can imagine smaller kids freaking out.
    Normally i'd avoid kids films but to be honest i did laugh a few times when i heard some of the kids innocently asking their parents questions e.g.
    "Daddy, why is he green?" Awwwww :)
  • SonickSonick Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Watched it on Saturday. Enjoyed it but it was spoiled by a little boy jumping up and down the stairs in the aisle. The same boy had cheek to say "shhh" to a little boy eating in the backrow.

If Parents can control their kids they shouldn't take them.:mad:
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it :) A great little film - very funny in places like
    the Grindhouse style opening sequence (which I can imagine most kids not getting) and the jock's final line :D Also the twist was clever
    I can imagine it being too itense for very young kids though because of scenes like
    the fight with Agatha which was a bit freaky :o
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I also thought the film was quite sad in places especially the end :(
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen this .

........ its really weird . I can't believe some of the gags , in a PG cartoon as well .

its very different to the usual CG cartoons , even the humans in it are ugly .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I've just seen this .

........ its really weird . I can't believe some of the gags , in a PG cartoon as well .

its very different to the usual CG cartoons , even the humans in it are ugly .

Yup. We loved it.