Options

How long does an AOL upgrade take?

PowerJCPowerJC Posts: 1,038
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Got offered a free upgrade from my 2mbps connection to 8mbps last night for the same price, so I accepted it. Was told on the phone it would only take a couple of hours but still haven't seen any change in speed, and my router is still syncing to the exchange at 2mbps. How long does the upgrading take?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    If it's a physical upgrade it can take around 2 weeks. If it's just altering the profile it can be as soon as they do it. I'm not 100% on that, but it's the same for most ISPs.
  • Options
    AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PowerJC wrote: »
    Got offered a free upgrade from my 2mbps connection to 8mbps last night for the same price, so I accepted it. Was told on the phone it would only take a couple of hours but still haven't seen any change in speed, and my router is still syncing to the exchange at 2mbps. How long does the upgrading take?

It might be worth your while checking to see if you agreed to a new contract when you agreed to the free upgrade? They got me on that one a couple of years back!

You might need to power off your router and re-start it before you see any difference by way of synching.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might be worth your while checking to see if you agreed to a new contract when you agreed to the free upgrade? They got me on that one a couple of years back!

That's 99.999% certain. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You might need to power off your router and re-start it before you see any difference by way of synching.

Asked on the phone, and it is definitely not a new contract.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Was this you calling them or them calling you?

Sales teams get incentives/money for getting people back into contracts and they've been known to lie abpout T&C and new contracts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    update: still haven't got the upgrade. 9 days now. Didn't think it was going to take this long.