Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    wow some gullible people here...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fascinating theory but I am not convinced it's a mobile phone she is holding at all.
    It looks as though the woman is fiddling with a hearing aid or scatching her face. She seems in a confused state because she appears to be talking to herself.
    Beisdes who is she calling, Ghostbusters? ;)
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's using a "Carbon Microphone Aid", sorry peeps:D.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch it again and then say in a Harry Hill voice...:
    " Steve Jobs grandfather wanders onto Charlie Chaplin film set in drag with early iphone prototype" :D:D:D
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    "It's not an AM/FM radio because obviously it's 1928."

So obviously it's a time traveller with a mobile phone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    "It's not an AM/FM radio because obviously it's 1928."

So obviously it's a time traveller with a mobile phone.

Obviously they could be no other explanation. hmmm
  • Delicious11Delicious11 Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird and wonderful!
  • SunnierSunnier Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lip reader may catch a couple of words,if they are 'Call ya La...'~~~Then she's probably talking to herself. :D
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    Fascinating theory but I am not convinced it's a mobile phone she is holding at all.
    It looks as though the woman is fiddling with a hearing aid or scatching her face. She seems in a confused state because she appears to be talking to herself.
    Beisdes who is she calling, Ghostbusters? ;)
    I wear a hearing aid and when I'm adjusting it I tend to talk too to get it at the right level, so she could be doing that.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    It just looks like the film's been tampered with.

I'm sure that's easy to do in this digital age.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So let me get this straight there's people who actually believe in Time Travellers?
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    So let me get this straight there's people who actually believe in Time Travellers?

Why shouldn't there be? After all, isn't there a fair number of people who believe in the teachings of all manner of cults? To be honest, time-travel is a far more feasible story than those will ever be.
  • darkmothdarkmoth Posts: 12,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zexstream wrote: »
    Im not going to say much but click on the link and watch from 2.48

Remember the year is 1928.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU&feature=player_embedded

It's a fake probably. If not, then the 'time traveller' would have a hell of a job getting reception or anyone to chat to :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »

I saw a programme on this a few years ago. Some very intelligent knowledgable people in whatever branch of science time travel falls under were saying that it is possible. Something about time going round in a big loop, not stretching away in a line into the horizon, and blah blah blah. You can probably tell I'm not a scientist:o They seemed to think that it would be a case of only going forward or back a few seconds at first.

As far as this clip is concerned though, I think people see it as a mobile because that's what we're used to seeing. I saw an oldish lady holding her hand up to her face (maybe camera shy) and talking to the man in front of her.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    So why would someone with that technology go back to an old obscure B&W film and speak into a phone that nobody would be able to answer?
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What should be of concern to us all, is that the time traveler has obviously altered the timeline, and it needs to be corrected.

We are in the wrong timeline so any "correction" means that we will "cease to be". My children! My poor poor children.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    So why would someone with that technology go back to an old obscure B&W film and speak into a phone that nobody would be able to answer?

School trip to the 20s maybe? Whose to say it's a phone anyway, perhaps, like I said above, it's just a communication device and she's saying "Shit, there's bloody camera here. Get me out"!
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As somebody has added to the video, it's a hearing aid!

Sub-minature vacuum tubes were available.

http://beckerexhibits.wustl.edu/did/20thcent/index.htm

(I can remember going to the national gallery, and being surprised to "see" WW2 bombers in paintings from around 1600 .........)
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,833
    Forum Member
    I think it may be my mother, she will go anywhere for a day out.

On second thoughts perhaps not as she has never learnt how to answer her mobile phone, or indeed find it.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next page: "how to hide your hearing aid in your underwear"!

http://beckerexhibits.wustl.edu/did/20thcent/part2.htm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just wondering if anyone else had noticed the words layer embeded at the end of the link????????
  • big_satsumabig_satsuma Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    Very interesting :)
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the comments of the Youtube poster - he doesn't have a clue what it is, ergo it's a time traveller on a mobile phone.

Occam's razor ya tube!
  • pussyfootpussyfoot Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good promotion for this guy's film company and his Youtube channel..

That was my first thought too...very clever promotion, its certainly got everyone interested.