Debra Stephenson is an AMAZING impressionist

CJWALKERCJWALKER Posts: 545
Forum Member
✭✭
Debra stephenson is without a doubt the best celebrity impersonator on the box!

Her Davina McCall is outstanding, but then so is her Lorraine Kelly and Also her Katie price!

Katie Price
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG20D_W7h6g&feature=channel

Lorraine Kelly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d4OLbTV3PQ

Davina Mcall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svUXSetYLno

Pat From Eastenders
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JnubMQ7X5E

Comments

• big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davina cracks me up:D
  • grahamcrowdengrahamcrowden Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her Anne Robinson is also spot on.

Most impressionists , even Culshaw and Yarwood are able to mimic the mannerisms of the subject aswell as the style of the voice but to get the voice so spot on as to think you are hearing the genuine person is rare but DS manages with Robinson , McCall and several more.

The fact that she's super horny too is a bonus.
  • TechnixTechnix Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An amazing actress too. I've been watching the repeats of Bad Girls and realised how bad the drama got after 'Shell Dockley' escaped. I also found her funny as chav 'Debbo' on Friday Night Project.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I think she also seems like a genuinely nice person. I'm glad she's doing well :)
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    Really? I don't think her impressions are very good at all, apart from Davina maybe.
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Some are not as good but generally they are excellent. The four the OP mentions are fantastic.
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked her Fearne Cotton impression.
  • grahamcrowdengrahamcrowden Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her Katie Price is great but Culshaw as Graham Norton on the same sketch is one of his worst.

The Lorraine Kelly one is so spot on it's spooky
  • TheWayItIsTheWayItIs Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of her best ones, not shown in the series, is that of Miss Cilllaaaaaaa Black.
    It is, in my opinion, on a par with the Anne Robinson for unnerring accuracy.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJWALKER wrote: »
    Debra stephenson is without a doubt the best celebrity impersonator on the box!

Her Davina McCall is outstanding, but then so is her Lorraine Kelly and Also her Katie price!

Katie Price
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG20D_W7h6g&feature=channel

Lorraine Kelly
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d4OLbTV3PQ

Davina Mcall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svUXSetYLno

Pat From Eastenders
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JnubMQ7X5E

I think the only one she's got spot on is Pat Butcher. I could tell the others apart if I had to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    She is really good, I always laugh at her sketches, but Jon Culshaw is seriously embarrassing to watch. He hardly ever looks like the person he's impersonating, we always have to be told and the sketches are never funny. The worst one is his harry hill, sounds nothing like him.

I would like to see Debra get her own show tbh, maybe get some fresh talent on the show too!
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Flinkman47 wrote: »
    She is really good, I always laugh at her sketches, but Jon Culshaw is seriously embarrassing to watch. He hardly ever looks like the person he's impersonating, we always have to be told and the sketches are never funny. The worst one is his harry hill, sounds nothing like him.

I would like to see Debra get her own show tbh, maybe get some fresh talent on the show too!

Yes, Jon is seriously bad :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think he's better than her.
  • Born FreeBorn Free Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When she dresses up as Tess then wow she looks amazing. Debra is a very hot women who you would do over and over again! :cool:
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debra's impersonations of Anne Robinson and Davina McCall are spot-on. I have to disagree with some others mentioned though. I can hear Debra in the Lorraine Kelly impression and her Katie Price is not a lot different from how she normally talks.
    TheWayItIs wrote: »
    One of her best ones, not shown in the series, is that of Miss Cilllaaaaaaa Black.

I remember her doing that in Bad Girls. It was brilliant!
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm amazed at her Anne Robinson voice, sounds exactly like her!

She is a really good impressionist. I also loved her in Bad Girls, she's a pretty amazing actress
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    She is ok, but as for Culshaw he is just pathetically unfunny and a dreadful impressionist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wetherby wrote: »
    She is ok, but as for Culshaw he is just pathetically unfunny and a dreadful impressionist.

This is what I think. She's definitely not exactly like them. But then again, I'm a perfectionist.
  • mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Wetherby wrote: »

I agree with that, lot's of his impressions sound the same.

As for his Bruno off dancing, dear me. His Derren Brown didn't sound much like him to me either. DS is quite good though.

Personally I think these shows are a bit old hat these days.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Her Katie Price is great but Culshaw as Graham Norton on the same sketch is one of his worst.

The Lorraine Kelly one is so spot on it's spooky

Took me ages to work out this was who JC was supposed to be impersonating.
  • xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    I think she is very good for her age.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is excellent - I remember years ago she did a little spot on John Shuttleworth's Radio 1 show, a little skit in which she impersonated Julie Walters and Victoria Wood - she finished with a little song in a Wood stylee. I am that sad I can still remember how it went:

Please eat me chocolate brownie
    I'm not just being kind
    The chocolate's gone a bit cloudy
    And the brownie's so old it's become a girl guide
    Mister I've told thee
    To please eat me chocolate brownie
    If you don't I'll flippin' well crown thee
    and ledge it up your behind...

*coughs* :D

Anyway. Back on planet earth. She is superb, that VW/JW moment always impressed me.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is good but not convinced she is any better than Ronni Ancona.

The trouble with the programme is that most of the effort seems to go into costume, make-up, sets but the scripts are an afterthought. Perhaps the advantage of radio where that is not needed.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member

I dunno about that. His 4th doctor, General Maximus (husband to a murdered wife, father to a murdered child...so I called Claims Direct), Captain Jack Harkness (Wer'e Torchwood, these are my shiny teeth), Obi Wan Kenobi (passage to Aldershot) and Brian Sewell (doing that reggae/hip hop song in a working men's club) and of course his Ozzy Osbourne are outstanding.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the Davina sketches - and also the ones where she does Claudia with Davina too.

I think Jordan is spot on - as is Anne Robinson obviously.

I used to love Ronnie Ancona and Alistair McGowan - don't see them on TV so much these days, I assume they are both doing different things - acting, etc?