• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Holy shit - that is all.
  • Options
    AlabasterCodifyAlabasterCodify Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Between this and that dogging program that was on a few weeks ago, telly has never been weirder!
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Between this and that dogging program that was on a few weeks ago, telly has never been weirder!

:D that was hilarious!
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    ....... I cannot believe for one second that this is real.
  • Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone please tell me this was a spoof.

I have worked in call centres for 15 years and have never seen anything like this in my life.

I has to be fake
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,900
    Forum Member
    Thought Nev took a bit too much of a personal interest in people's lives. I'm sure a happy person outside of work is a happier person at work, but there's a limit to how far a manager should be involved and I think Nev went way beyond that.

Glad the tea-girl complained about the bullying and don't see how her colleagues didn't see it as bullying.

I know it takes a special kind of people to work in call centres, especially sales call centres and especially ones that are hated as much as outbound PPI calls, I'm just glad I don't work there.
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    THOWICC The Only Way Is Call Centre
  • Options
    Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very very interesting programme

I shall watch again next week. Then again, I am the target audience for this stuff.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's such a shame TV Burp isn't on any more!
  • Options
    AlabasterCodifyAlabasterCodify Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    :D that was hilarious!

"can yer see ma tits?"

Cant miss em love, put them away!
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else see Nev getting ambushed by Angela Rippon The One Show last week? She was correct in everything she said, but it was pretty uncomfortable viewing.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe this show... do any of them actually get any work done?? They have time to play pranks on the tea girl and the manager has time to set up speed dating events! His interviewing process is awful! This show was just so weird, but I'll probably watch again next week just to see how much more ridiculous it gets!
  • Options
    Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was hilarious.
  • Options
    farlofanfarlofan Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe how seriously some people have taken this program. Clearly he would get sued left right and centre if he did some of the stuff shown tonight regularly. Obviously those involved such as the young girl paraded up and down the corridor will have been asked beforehand if it was something she'd mind doing - she hardly looked upset afterall.
    Fun show, will be tuning in next week.
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe this show... do any of them actually get any work done?? They have time to play pranks on the tea girl and the manager has time to set up speed dating events! His interviewing process is awful! This show was just so weird, but I'll probably watch again next week just to see how much more ridiculous it gets!
    If his firm is happily recruiting staff during one of the worst financial crisis to hit the UK in decades and he's able to expand so quickly in the few years his firm has been trading, I'd say that he must be doing something right. I've have said that happy people are more productive although even myself with my quirky sense of humour cringed at some of the things Nev did on the show tonight.

In terms of people thinking everything seemed unreal and that working in the said call centre cannot be as manic as made out, I suspect the truth lies somewhere inbetween these two places.
  • Options
    tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My daughter is a line manager there and and has been there since the beginning and she says it is a fun place to work and Nev is truly a great boss to work for.
    She has worked in many different call centres in the past but this one is relaxed and has a great working atmosphere and like the previous poster said to have a company grow and take on staff in the short space of time it has well Nev must be doing something right, and dont forget he has provided jobs and given young people a chance of work . So why knock it if its providing jobs and taking people off the dole
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still in shock. Was this a mockumentary?

Jesus wept. I imagine any watching Union reps are in A&E recovering from their heart attacks
  • Options
    RichN95RichN95 Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tawe wrote: »
    My daughter is a line manager there and and has been there since the beginning and she says it is a fun place to work and Nev is truly a great boss to work for.
    She has worked in many different call centres in the past but this one is relaxed and has a great working atmosphere and like the previous poster said to have a company grow and take on staff in the short space of time it has well Nev must be doing something right, and dont forget he has provided jobs and given young people a chance of work . So why knock it if its providing jobs and taking people off the dole
    I know a couple of people who used work there and they said the same thing, that was a great place to work (although the pay's not great)
    Obviously the programme only shows the more eccentric highlights because listening to someone talk about loft insulation or PPIs for 20 minutes doesn't make good TV.

In reality the company is really successful, one of Wales's fastest growing companies (no.4) (Source: http://www.fastgrowth50.com/2012/save-britain-money-group)

In the Sunday Times survey of the top 100 places to work it came No.2 (Source: http://features.thesundaytimes.co.uk/public/best100companies/live/template)
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've worked in four call centres in the area and believe me, NONE of them are anything like this! If youngsters watching the programme believe call centre life to be like this in any other place of business they'll get a shock very very quickly! A lot of people sneer at it but call centre work, particularly sales, is difficult and can be soul destroying. I have only worked in inbound call centres I could never work in an outbound sales centre, no chance! BUT saying all that, I find Neville weirdly likeable...Time to take my pills!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    tawe wrote: »

I totally agree ...worked in a call centre myself a long while ago...so patronising and rigid...no hint of humour whilst flogging mobile phones...fair play to Nev they must be doing something' right if they are employing and making money , at least the girls and guys are working...giving it a go....looking forward to next week...smile while you dial folks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    I wonder if any of his staff have committed suicide, At the very least i'd have to be like Ed Norton in Fight Club and fake a fight with him in his office.
  • Options
    WhyMe?WhyMe? Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    FunkyJawa wrote: »
    I wonder if any of his staff have committed suicide, At the very least i'd have to be like Ed Norton in Fight Club and fake a fight with him in his office.

Suicide is not a subject to joke about really.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,001
    Forum Member
    Some years ago I worked on an event for the call centre staff of a large organisation...it was bizarre and scarry!!

Each group entered the room in fancy dress, I mean the full monty down to the last detail and they were all in character.

So we had group such as from Star Wars, The Flintstones, Robin hood and his Merry Men and Star Trek.

This was at 8.30 in the morning and they were yelling whooping throughout...odd, very odd.
  • Options
    daveyfsdaveyfs Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This really is Swansea through and through - the thing that comes through most to me, and which is absolutely true about the city, is that a lot of people thinks its absolutely fine to brazenly stick their nose into your private business! People here don't seem to mind, I'm not from here and find it totally invasive. Nev is your ultimate Swansea chauvinist.

Its a funny place Swansea, extreme contrasts - beautiful natural environment surrounding it, really shitty urban area, nice/lovely outer suburbs, abrasive/brittle locals. I love it and hate it at the same time. I'll probably ultimately leave but I know I'll really miss it if I do.

I've often heard it described as a city with a village mentality.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have just watched it. It was jaw dropping.

I bet this is record viewing figures for BBC3