cadburys milk tray

pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Got 2 boxes from tescos, £2 a box. What's happens to the flavour, they taste different and not in a good way. Very disappointed.

Comments

• TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people have noticed the same thing. I got a box for my birthday, though i've yet to try them. I think Kraft own Cadbury now, so that might have something to do with the change in taste.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They replaced the cocoa butter with vegetable fat. They also changed all the flavours and shapes. Look at the back of the box it says Cocoa solids minimum 14%.

How can it even be called chocolate at this percentage? No wonder they are able to sell them in Poundland now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Area88 wrote: »
    They replaced the cocoa butter with vegetable fat. They also changed all the flavours and shapes. Look at the back of the box it says Cocoa solids minimum 14%.

How can it even be called chocolate at this percentage? No wonder they are able to sell them in Poundland now.
    I've never bothered to look at the ingredients, but 14% is poor.
    I have a box of Thorntons Classic, (similar to Milk Tray) and it's 20% minimum cocoa.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuck, just tasted them.:cry: The Milk Tray man wouldn't give these to his mother in law!
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find that every chocolate tastes the same in Milk Tray, although the textures are different. I won't buy them. I find Terrys All Gold are yuk now too.