Options

The Graham Norton Show Series 17 starts Friday 10 April on BBC ONE

Comments

• Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    OMG what is this bland load of pop shite that sounds like his balls haven't dropped yet but still got them caught in barbed wire?
  • Options
    St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Who the heck are this lot? LOL he cannot sing a note.

Warbling is the big thing, it seems
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Is he singing about LEGO?
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Who the heck are this lot? LOL he cannot sing a note.

I think it's all about how you look now and sod all to do with the music.
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is my paperboy. He sounds like him.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I think the synth players should dump the 'singer' and go instrumental.
  • Options
    chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That seemed very odd, the filming is different, to me it looks like they sung that earlier & did not sing live at the time, it was probably filmed earlier in the evening.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been busy catching up watching Stanley Tucci in Fortitude.- didn't realise he was on the GN show tonight....
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was too weird with the beard. He looks like a sexy Matthew Kelly :D
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Years and Years were extremely disappointing. The leader singer sounds very, very good on the recorded version of the song, but I guess he's one of those that struggles when singing live.

Bit odd that their album isn't out till June though. Surely the hype following their number 1 single will have died by then.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chaz rich wrote: »
    That seemed very odd, the filming is different, to me it looks like they sung that earlier & did not sing live at the time, it was probably filmed earlier in the evening.

I thought it was part of Harry & Paul's sketch until I realised it went on for too long.:blush:
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight's show got better but the guests still didn't really gel and I wasn't really familiar with any of them

Big red chair had some nutters again
  • Options
    WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ''I was a king under your control'' sounds like one of those lyrics those 12 year olds wrote and all thought ''Ooooh, ooh yeah that's really smart and clever'' but in actual fact is one of those inane lyrics that doesn't really mean anything. I mean, was he a king under the control of someone else or a king alongside someone else who was in control?

...oh who cares, they're awful.
  • Options
    mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    It was too weird with the beard. He looks like a sexy Matthew Kelly :D

:D:D:D
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decent enough show tonight I thought. I had to pause it to go and watch that 'Maggie won't jump' video. Kudos to the woman for having a bit of backbone, and steadfastly refusing to do something ridiculous like that during an interview. Ask the current shower of politicians the same question and they'd be up like a shot offering to cartwheel around the room.
  • Options
    FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chaz rich wrote: »

It had those black bars on the top and bottom which looked really out of place. I think they do the same thing on the Jonathan Ross show with the musical performances.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mia75 wrote: »
    Kim Cattral has always annoyed me. She seems so fake to me.

Watch her Who Do You Think You Are programme. Definitely not fake there, she was very kind and protective of her mother.

But aren't guests meant to be fake on chat show programmes like Norton.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the synth players should dump the 'singer' and go instrumental.

That is what me and my OH said. They were good, the singer was dire.
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate his beard. He looks like Bob Mortimer when he appears as one half of Mulligan and O'Hare:

http://www.ff.e-mansion.com/~phobos/Smells/S1E2MO1.jpg
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was disappointed that Norton didn't ask Stanley Tucci about Fortitude.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best tonight particularly Enfield and whitehouse

Found smashy and nicey hysterical.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    "Who hardly anyone knows".

I knew of pretty much every single guest that appeared on the last series before it aired. Graham still manages to rope in really famous guests, in fairness to him.
    Well I'd never heard of Stanley Tucci, so I suppose you have to be addicted to watching American imports on Sky.
  • Options
    RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Years and Years were extremely disappointing. The leader singer sounds very, very good on the recorded version of the song, but I guess he's one of those that struggles when singing live.

Bit odd that their album isn't out till June though. Surely the hype following their number 1 single will have died by then.

I agree although I saw years and years live when they supported Clean Bandit and the singer sounded a lot better then.
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a show I only watch if I like the guests. I hate how they sometimes plonk a random comedian on the end whose sole purpose is to come in with one or two witty lines.
  • Options
    Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Well I'd never heard of Stanley Tucci, so I suppose you have to be addicted to watching American imports on Sky.

Murder One, in the mid-1990s, had a big impact when it was shown here on BBC2, and won him lots of fans.