Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• Options
    AlfonsoJuanesAlfonsoJuanes Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least FUMF is at #51 in UK Amazon!
  • Options
    Luuk LewisLuuk Lewis Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OT (slightly) but I finally managed to figure out the chords to 'Essence Of Me', time to start working on that cover version now :)
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luuk Lewis wrote: »
    OT (slightly) but I finally managed to figure out the chords to 'Essence Of Me', time to start working on that cover version now :)

Slay us Luuk!
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Fire Under My Feet
    #7 Cyprus
    #24 Romania

Slaying :cool:
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    I keep finding myself singing "I Got You". Definitely think it should be the next single now.

And what?! Leona slaying Europe. :cool:

Edit: Also, been playing essence of me to my plants and they seem to be loving it. Queen of the animal and now the plant world. Leona's voice helping plants grow. :cool: I should do my dissertation on the effect of Leona's music on lant growth and see which songs make plants grow the best. :cool: I think "I'm You" wouldn't cause a seed to even germinate let alone grow into a plant though. :blush::blush::p
  • Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Envoirment wrote: »
    I keep finding myself singing "I Got You". Definitely think it should be the next single now.

Eurovision queen!
  • Options
    Twilight17Twilight17 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Number 106 in the uk ... :(

What number in USA I can't find it ?

Glad she's doing well in Europe... Maybe eurovision next year for leona ?

I really pray that they get the album so much promotion to make number 1 ... If it flops like the single I actually think it will be over for her :( ... What has happened to the world ...makes me so angry and upset.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yasss! Can't wait! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Twilight17 wrote: »
    Number 106 in the uk ... :(

What number in USA I can't find it ?

Glad she's doing well in Europe... Maybe eurovision next year for leona ?

I really pray that they get the album so much promotion to make number 1 ... If it flops like the single I actually think it will be over for her :( ... What has happened to the world ...makes me so angry and upset.

Out of top1000 in US, around 1250s. That just goes on to tell how important it is to be visible on the front page of itunes. Only one small feature in hot songs got her to #119 (peak).
  • Options
    Gobstopper13Gobstopper13 Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm keeping the faith in Island. Something must be coming, excited to see what they do next, whether it be continue to build FUMF or move on to single 2.

I'm just happy we're getting new and great music from Leona, but I have to admit, I'm worried what the future holds for her now, past this album.

If the long game is to develop her in to a Florence, Emeli Sande type artist, it could be a long long time before it catches on with the public. Power Ballard X factor reputation will be very hard to move away from with the general public, and will take a lot of consistently good releases, perhaps with low sales. I'm sure Island know this and have planned for it.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we know whats happening with the German release yet?
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Do we know whats happening with the German release yet?

I thought Seb was on it the other day?
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I thought Seb was on it the other day?

Yeah I just went back and checked his twitter, he said he would find out what happened, but never posted anything about it again and I just checked I still don't think its up on German Itunes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nothing about German release of FUMF, it's not even on Amazon with a date, where it usually appears first. They might go for the end of July with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Waitt! What's the chords? :OOO
  • Options
    Twilight17Twilight17 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very true il try and stay positive too ... I think she needs more tv promotion ... What are island playing at..

I'm still praying she has the James Bond single... That will get her great limelight...
    I really don't like the essence of me song at all... From what I heared on the clips I think I got you should be the next single too.. But let's see.maybe ALS is better when u can actually hear it properly.

I just find it crazy how something like pretty girls by britney and iggy goes top 10 yet leona nowhere near.
  • Options
    OralFixationOralFixation Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Envoirment wrote: »

Edit: Also, been playing essence of me to my plants and they seem to be loving it. Queen of the animal and now the plant world. Leona's voice helping plants grow. :cool: I should do my dissertation on the effect of Leona's music on lant growth and see which songs make plants grow the best. :cool: I think "I'm You" wouldn't cause a seed to even germinate let alone grow into a plant though. :blush::blush::p

Wow Billy i mean i know im a wierdo but that is some next levek shit :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ....did I really just read that someone was playing EOM to their plants?

This forum is an odd place.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Wow Billy i mean i know im a wierdo but that is some next levek shit :o:D

Learn from the best :cool: And I was only joking (slightly). :p
  • Options
    LeonafanusaLeonafanusa Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    She's still A listed on Radio 2 which is a good thing.
  • Options
    QueenLeonaLewisQueenLeonaLewis Posts: 1,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona must be at a mikky Ekko gig judging by her snapchat
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Benassi's remix of FUMF was played on Tiesto's Show 1h18m https://soundcloud.com/srg39/tiesto-and-afrojack-club-life-427-06-jun-2015

FUMF #114 :(
  • Options
    twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody mentioned they couldn't find Leona on US Itunes. About an hour ago FUMF was in the 1200's
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Welcome Eien :) Hopefully it takes of soon in US

Thanks! Hopefully it does since her old songs still get played a lot in stores.
    A positive signal I hope :kitty:

With the right promo she could do pretty well here in the states. Christmas With Love peaked at number 6 on US iTunes after her Kelly and Michael performance, but dropped fast since all the other performances weren't as big.
    Have you read this article http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2015/jun/15/x-factor-leona-lewis-top-40-charts-failure
    Welcome Ellen! Nice to have you here with us! Sidenote - Ellen's my youngest sister's name as well :D

It's actually Eien, but thanks. :blush: I've been waiting to get approved for 2 years.
  • Options
    Frank823Frank823 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Can someone clarify for me, I know FUMF is available in the US to radio, but its not yet been sent for adds, but has the remixes been sent for adds? I don't get how US radio works. :D
    No, remixes haven't been sent out either. They're listed under Cool New Music, but there's no official add date for Dance Radio as far as I know. Dance radio isn't really a huge format here.
    twells wrote: »
    Somebody mentioned they couldn't find Leona on US Itunes. About an hour ago FUMF was in the 1200's
    I can find it fine.
This discussion has been closed.