Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• Options
    IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    DMH.. I still wanna hear it :(

Oh god :( POBB could still be on the deluxe :S
  • Options
    Forum Member
    volume3d wrote: »
    Probably best song on the album.... (aka Sugar from GH)

Not when IGY is there ;)
  • Options
    ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not when IGY is there ;)

Your remix to it :) Still cant believe how much of a fabulous singer you are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ItsBrooke wrote: »
    Your remix to it :) Still cant believe how much of a fabulous singer you are.

oh my god not again LOL
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Spotify updated, FUMF 801.821 worldwide, that's about +332,368 from June 14th till now, so about 40k per day.
  • Options
    alipopalipop Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Sugar is stunningly superb.

I just listened to the By Tomorrow This Will Be Yesterday demo...I'm sure with Leona's version being even better, that could have been a nice single, even!

Totally team I Got You for single number two...
  • Options
    AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BL US is past 98m now!
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just received confirmation from someone very reliable that Play On (Boom Boom) samples this. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llyiQ4I-mcQ
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just received confirmation from someone very reliable that Play On (Boom Boom) samples this. :)

Nostalgia :cry:
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member

Leona bringing back my childhood. :cry:
  • Options
    twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol lol lol I can't..... This is the post of this thread and nobody can top this. Would love to know your fashion style because what you just wrote is so.... I can't say stupid so I'm not going to.

Why would anyone pay premium prices to have denim pre-ripped. That's on the same level of idiocy as body piercings and covering your skin with colored ink that can only be removed or altered by laser surgery or something like that. Is adolescent fad to become the acme of fashion for a 30 year old woman of great talent. Give over.
  • Options
    VirtuosoVirtuoso Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twells wrote: »
    Why would anyone pay premium prices to have denim pre-ripped. That's on the same level of idiocy as body piercings and covering your skin with colored ink that can only be removed or altered by laser surgery or something like that. Is adolescent fad to become the acme of fashion for a 30 year old woman of great talent. Give over.

Oh no... don't say that. Each to their own I say!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you should follow your own advice there, you sound old-fashioned and narrow minded. Going by your age I don't expect you to know what's in fashion for young women.

Way to kick off over some dungarees, get a hobby.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Not you calling me out on my tattoo's on piercings, but it's okay cause I'm pretty sure I'd rather that than be like someone as....pleasant....as yourself :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you should follow your own advice there, you sound old-fashioned and narrow minded. Going by your age I don't expect you to know what's in fashion for young women.

It was a silly comment but let's not go too hard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Virtuoso wrote: »
    It was a silly comment but let's not go too hard.

Gotta disagree with you for the first time ever here. It was beyond a silly comment. Absolute idiotic thing to say.
  • Options
    twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That could be suggested to anyone on this thread.

The fact is Leona has many fans who respect her talent more than that of a Gaga, or a Miley Cyrus. Although, I will say, I've never seen MC in ripped jeans or Gaga, or Taylor Swift, either. Who on earth told her that was "edgy" or would make her relevant. it won't. She's not an indie garage band. She's too good for this pandering.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My take on this is that people should be free to choose how to dress and adorn their bodies without judgement. Twells, I disagree with you but let's not let it turn nasty in here. We can disagree and express ourselves politely.
  • Options
    Forum Member

The fact is Leona has many fans who respect her talent more than that of a Gaga, or a Miley Cyrus. Although, I will say, I've never seen MC in ripped jeans or Gaga, or Taylor Swift, either. Who on earth told her that was "edgy" or would make her relevant. it won't. She's not an indie garage band. She's too good for this pandering.

Now you've seen Gaga in them :)
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/03/27/article-0-1CA1011E00000578-818_634x968.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My take on this is that people should be free to choose how to dress and adorn their bodies without judgement. Twells, I disagree with you but let's not let it turn nasty in here. We can disagree and express ourselves politely.

We all can, but apparently Twells can't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hahaha that hair is mad. I for one would have no problem with Leona wearing precisely that outfit... and wig.
  • Options
    AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As was previously stated, NOBODY told her it was edgy or relevant. She's wearing what she wants and could do without people like you judging her on her personal tastes. Fair enough, we all give our opinions on red carpet pics etc, but that should be it, we don't need to get personal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hahaha that hair is mad. I for one would have no problem with Leona wearing precisely that outfit... and wig.

I would love it hahahah! :D
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not you thinking "ripped jeans" will make a celeb relevant :')

Anyway, Beyonce does it too and she's the same age as Leona
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/12/03/28923B9500000578-0-image-a-83_1431397642910.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't work out if you're trolling or not. Ripped Jeans and Dungarees aren't edgy. Virtually every high street store is selling them at the moment and most women in their 20's & 30's are wearing them. Topshop probably sent Leona those very Dungarees. Again, if you took the time to look on her Instagram you'd see this is what she usually wears.
This discussion has been closed.