Options

Half Term Week At Daybreak

occyoccy Posts: 65,207
Forum Member
✭✭
Welcome to half term week at Daybreak where the main presenters are all off. John & Kate are at the helm whilst Aled and Lorraine ( well she's always off )

Comments

• Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorraine's daughter is now at university and doesn't live at home. Why does Lorraine need half-term off ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Is she not allowed to spend time with her husband?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think Lorraine has worked the school holidays for years and years, probably part of her contract. I dont see why that needs to change just because her daughter is no longer at school. I imagine she is only contracted for a certain number of weeks a year.

Although if I was Lorraine I would rather have holidays term time, she can cheap deals on flights :)
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvworld101 wrote: »
    Is she not allowed to spend time with her husband?

You obviously didn't read The Sun last week when we had rather too much information about what she does with her husband in the afternoons:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    You obviously didn't read The Sun last week when we had rather too much information about what she does with her husband in the afternoons:eek:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/daybreak-presenter-lorraine-kelly-admits-1706526

She can do it all through half term as she's not working :D
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorraine's daughter is now at university and doesn't live at home. Why does Lorraine need half-term off ?

Because she's in a position negotiate it off, and if she can then why shouldn't she?

Daybreak is only worth watching when its Matt & Ranvir (or Helen). I still don't understand why they took the programme back to 1983 when they could've just used those three. They could've had a fair alternative to BBC Breakfast.

Lorraine is fine on her own show, Kate is fine as cover, but they have long overstayed their welcome on the pre-8.30am slot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Stapleton has always been one of the best presenters on there along with Kate.
  • Options
    kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a week too late as half term was last week in this neck of the woods!
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member

You should really post this more often!:rolleyes:

She is lucky to be in the position to negotiate a contract with ITV where she gets plenty of time off. Good luck to her!