Options

8th Doctor New Audio Companion (Spoilers)

Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
Forum Member
I am delighted that after 49 years (and Aussie/US/alien/robot dog companions) that Big Finish have given the Eighth Doctor an Irish companion called Molly O'Sullivan and played by the excellent Ruth Bradley (Primeval, Love/Hate, Titanic). Apparently Molly is a WW1 voluntary Aid Division nursing assistant that Eight meets and will be featured in the audios - The Great War, Fugitives, The Tangled Web and X And The Daleks as part of a Dark Eyes boxset, due for release in November. The set will also feature guest appearances from Nick Briggs, Peter Egan and Toby Jones to name a few. Yay, an Irish companion at long last.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6bwd9gJUY1qf8sfoo1_500.jpg

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    November seems like such a long way off. It is killing me! I am much more excited about a new 8th Doctor collection than the new TV series. Unsure how I feel about Lucie being gone, she was the best companion he has ever had, in my opinion obviously, but 8 has always been my hero.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lucie was incredible but I'm sure Molly will be good too.

It's amazing it took Doctor Who nearly 49 years to get an Irish companion though.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Lucie more than any other companion, but I'm not looking forward to her end.

I listen to the 8th Doctor Adventures on the radio, BBC 4 Extra. Currently they are being repeated - The Scapegoat (the one about the Nazis in Paris) tomorrow at 6 pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lucie's last stories were released last year and they were some of the best Doctor Who out there.
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Lucie more than any other companion, but I'm not looking forward to her end.

I listen to the 8th Doctor Adventures on the radio, BBC 4 Extra. Currently they are being repeated - The Scapegoat (the one about the Nazis in Paris) tomorrow at 6 pm.

Is that the one where
    The Doctor is totally broken at the end...>:-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that the one where
    The Doctor is totally broken at the end...>:-)

I don't know I haven't seen it!

In fact I think it was you who told me what happens, so maybe it's not as bad as I fear. :D
  • Options
    EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the Doctor ever had a Welsh companion?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know I haven't seen it!

In fact I think it was you who told me what happens, so maybe it's not as bad as I fear. :D
    Oh, I thought it was you who told me you already knew what happens when someone else asked me why she couldn't come back? So I assumed you'd heard it already lol :o:D
    Shall I tell you how bad or otherwise it is, or would you rather I don't spoil it? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I thought it was you who told me you already knew what happens when someone else asked me why she couldn't come back? So I assumed you'd heard it already lol :o:D
    Shall I tell you how bad or otherwise it is, or would you rather I don't spoil it? :)

I remember now, you offered to tell me what happens, but someone else had already given me the details.
    It sounds dreadful for poor Lucie!.
    I haven't heard it myself yet. I daresay it will be on the radio soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember now, you offered to tell me what happens, but someone else had already given me the details.
    It sounds dreadful for poor Lucie!.
    I haven't heard it myself yet. I daresay it will be on the radio soon.
    OK no spoilers but I will tell you
    the Doctor is SO broken in the last 5 minutes, it put me off joking about that for the rest of the week :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK no spoilers but I will tell you
    the Doctor is SO broken in the last 5 minutes, it put me off joking about that for the rest of the week :o
    Well, you know I like tears and angst, so I'll probably enjoy it in a twisted sort of way
    . :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, you know I like tears and angst, so I'll probably enjoy it in a twisted sort of way
    . :D
    Probably, I did :o Anyway I think we hijacked the thread again :o
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    There's a lot about Lucie's final couple of episodes that remain unanswered for me, like
    how come the Doctor's great grandson, Alex Campbell, had no Time Lord DNA at all?

I can't help but think there's more to come . . .
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't think so. Maybe he should do at some point.
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member

Well the TV Doctor spends enough time in Cardiff to pick one up. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    Well the TV Doctor spends enough time in Cardiff to pick one up. :D

As long as it's not Gwen!

(Rhys, now - I would't mind that :D)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the love for Lucie. She deserves it.

I still have a hopeless dream that if 8 turns up in the 50th episodes then he should bring her with him.