Your perfect 2013, (Dr Who wise at least...)?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
Forum Member
In a perfect world, and also a realistic one, how many episodes, when would they be screened and what would the general arc/theme be? Obviously we aren't going to get 52 straight weeks of episodes ;)

Comments

• CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    45 episodes from January to November:

The Daleks' Master Plan (complete), The Savages, The Tenth Planet (complete), The Power of the Daleks, The Evil of the Daleks (complete), The Web of Fear (complete), Fury from the Deep.

General theme: 'Look what we found!'

:D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Endless Jenna-Louise Coleman screen time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

YES! YES! YES!::o:D
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jan - March - 8 Episodes of Series 7.

Easter Special

Stories from Classic Who shown on BBC3/4 throughout the year including some newly found episodes.

Anniversary Specials - a number of Specials shown thoughout November all telling one story but with different episodes featuring different Doctors (possibly some animated ones for the Doctors no longer around or who look too different).

Documentary - 50 Years in the TARDIS.

Christmas Special.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor's Round Table.

All surviving Doctors just laid back and discussing the show for an hour or two. Then a similar show with the companions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor's Round Table.

All surviving Doctors just laid back and discussing the show for an hour or two. Then a similar show with the companions.

I like that idea.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She could have her own channel, Big Brother-style. BBCJLC.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    I'd have the second half of series 7 Jan - March too, maybe a Summer Special on one of the Bank Hols and the first half of Series 8 from late September to November, all extended episod s, building to and cuminating in the 50th. Then a Christmas Special to wrap up the year nicely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She could have her own channel, Big Brother-style. BBCJLC.

24-Hour live feed would be required.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    24-Hour live feed would be required.

You're watching Jenna24. Coming up after the exciting shower, Jenna will eat Quavers in bed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DW does THE APPRENTICE. JLC leads a team of former DW companions, John Simm a team of DW villains.

They have two days to come up with a new DW monster, pitch the concept to a focus group of 7year olds and Steven Moffat, and then market its merchandising.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we have reached a verdict on the perfect 2013.
  • sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More multi-episode stories, with real edge of your seat cliffhangers

The Doctor dies

The Doctor returns along with the rest of the Time Lords (who are baddies obviously) as a result of the Matrix (in which all Time Lord knowledge was stored and in my view the perfect way to bring the Time Lords back, and the need a permenant comeback with the Doctor as a proper rebel).

A nice, fun old fashioned Anniversary special with old Doctors, old companions, and lots of fan treatment (who cares if it's silly, I love it and the Anniversary is all about celebrating the past).

The return of Dr Who Confidential

A proper tribute to Sarah Jane, maybe we see her funeral? Could also be a chance to say goodbye to the SJA team

The return of the 8th Doctor, preferably for more than 1 episode so we can get to know him better, his could become like a recurring character

A Movie reboot which would see history changed and as a result would allow remakes of all the lost episodes from the 60's e.g. Marco Polo, Fury from the Deep, Power of the Daleks

11th Doctor staying on, preferably for a looong time (for the rest of the decade, maybe?)

Sadly I doubt many of these will ever come to pass, certainly not in 2013
  • thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    DW does THE APPRENTICE. JLC leads a team of former DW companions, John Simm a team of DW villains.

They have two days to come up with a new DW monster, pitch the concept to a focus group of 7year olds and Steven Moffat, and then market its merchandising.

Isn't that how we ended up with the Abzorbaloff?
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I chuck in a Torchwood?
    Or, better yet, let's forget about that and just bring back Jack.
  • TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordo350 wrote: »
    Can I chuck in a Torchwood?
    Or, better yet, let's forget about that and just bring back Jack.

I'm all for a 2013 in which it is announced that any return for Torchwood has been forgotten about. Ha, I'm so miserable!

Otherwise I broadly agree with what's been said above — thirteen episodes within a calendar year would be nice. As would some BBC4-type programming on the programme and its historic cast and crew.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They find all the lost episodes (even Space Pirates).

An appearance by all living companions in the 50th anniversary. If Tennant can bolt around and say goodbye to all his friends whilst holding up a regeneration why can't the Doctor just catch up with all hisold buddies to see what they got up to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    What I'd like would be a poll to find the top 50 stories, like the one DWM did in 2009 but this time have a programme to tie in with it, interviews with the actors who appeared in them, lots of clips, that sort of thing. A few good documentaries would do me.

And, of course, the return of Ian Chesterton.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gwalker94 wrote: »
    What I'd like would be a poll to find the top 50 stories, like the one DWM did in 2009 but this time have a programme to tie in with it, interviews with the actors who appeared in them, lots of clips, that sort of thing. A few good documentaries would do me.

And, of course, the return of Ian Chesterton.

Discounting the rumor from SJA that Ian never aged.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, too many episodes isn't always good, so I'm not going to go down the route of saying "I want 52 episodes" or anything like that.
    My ideal 2013 would be:

Late 2012 - Early 2013: Series 7, 14 episodes (including Christmas Special)
    31st August 2013 - 23rd November 2013: Series 8, 13 episodes all culminating on 23rd November with an extended special 50th anniversary finale episode.
    25th December 2013: Christmas Special.

I'm fed up with these irritating series splits Moffat seems to be fond of, so my ideal scenario would be to have two full series of 13 episodes airing each Saturday evening around Late 2012 to early 2013 and in the weeks preceding the anniversary.
    I'd also like each series to have a good story arc which isn't too prominent until the end of a few episodes (not taking up a whole one) and which is wrapped up in the final episode.

Unfortunately the likelihood of this happening is low.
    ....God, I miss those spring and summer evenings with a long period of 13 episodes to look forward to....
    Now we never know when Doctor Who is going to air, and we only are treated to it in small chunks.

Oh, and a Special Anniversary edition of Doctor Who Confidential, please!
    In fact, just bring the whole show back and axe some other BBC3 rubbish.
  • mccolloughmccollough Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    - Series 7 Part 2 from January-February
    - Throughout the summer a variety of Classic episodes available on BBC4 to celebrate the anniversary.
    -New series starting in Late August, Interlacing multi-doctor elements and a return of some classic villains. Culminating with a mindblowing finale on the 23rd November with a load of surviving doctors returning and lots of timey wimey madness
    - A two hour documentary on the show through the ages, or at least a re-airing of an existing one.
    - A docu-drama thing like "The Road to Coronation Street"
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    You're watching Jenna24. Coming up after the exciting shower, Jenna will eat Quavers in bed.

I'd watch.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Mine would be (and taking in 2012 as well).

August - September 2012: Series 7 (Eps 1-5)
    December 2012: Series 7 Christmas Special (Ep 6)
    January-February 2013: Series 7 (Episodes 7-14)
    June 2013: Special 1
    September 2013: Special 3
    November 2013: 50th Anniversary Special (90 minutes)
    December 2013: Christmas Special
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy Pond to get lots of naked screentime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    mccollough wrote: »
    - Series 7 Part 2 from January-February
    - Throughout the summer a variety of Classic episodes available on BBC4 to celebrate the anniversary.
    - A docu-drama thing like "The Road to Coronation Street"

That's a very good idea haha :D