Options

Jeremy Kyle New Series

Comments

• Options
    ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Christian fanatic Daily Mail Readers in conjunction with Nazicom stopped it from happening through complaining.

Things might liberalise after 2015....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Christian fanatic Daily Mail Readers in conjunction with Nazicom stopped it from happening through complaining.

Things might liberalise after 2015....
    Eh? what?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liquinn wrote: »
    Eh? what?

I think the Daily Mail readers complained about the fights to Ofcom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Daily Mail readers complained about the fights to Ofcom.
    When was this? Ahh okay. Have the show ever showed the fights?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When was this? Ahh okay. Have the show ever showed the fights?

Up until the middle of last year I think.
  • Options
    Invent MeridianInvent Meridian Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have the show ever showed the fights?

No, if they were shown, the programme would be four times as popular as it is now, even if it only lasts a week due to complaints from certain parties.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, if they were shown, the programme would be four times as popular as it is now, even if it only lasts a week due to complaints from certain parties.
    Do you think they'll ever show the fights in the future?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see the Brains Trust were on this morning. :D
  • Options
    Invent MeridianInvent Meridian Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think they'll ever show the fights in the future?

Not unless a special late night edition is commissioned!
  • Options
    Ivy RoseIvy Rose Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Eh? what?

Someone forgot to take their medication. ;)
  • Options
    Ivy RoseIvy Rose Posts: 318
    Forum Member

Certain parties? Who were they, then?

I know it's hypocritical to watch the show and bitch about it like many of us on this thread do, but anyone who wants it off the air for being a bear-baiting freak show has my full backing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ivy Rose wrote: »

I know it's hypocritical to watch the show and bitch about it like many of us on this thread do, but anyone who wants it off the air for being a bear-baiting freak show has my full backing.
    The people aren't forced to go on the show, they phone the show up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ivy Rose wrote: »

Probably Mediawatch, OFcom and the Tories. Not exactly bastions of free speech are they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy picks these kind of people to appear, then he can talk down to them and make himself look like the big man. Failing that he'll invite some poor child with disabilities onto the show, so he can talk to them like they're stupid, and therefore make himself look like he cares.
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Anyone see this mornings show? Mother accuses her daughter of stealing some money from her; before the daughter comes out Jeremy basically has a go at the mother saying things like "If one of my kids say they're telling the truth I'd believe them/Why don't you believe your own daughter love?/Why don't you buy what she says?" Then daughter fails lie detector test and Jeremy says, "I knew you stole that money!" :confused:

Does he intentionally make himself look a complete tool or..?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jezza is a prize ****. Come on ITV grow some balls and axe it. You are doing great at the mo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Anyone see this mornings show? Mother accuses her daughter of stealing some money from her; before the daughter comes out Jeremy basically has a go at the mother saying things like "If one of my kids say they're telling the truth I'd believe them/Why don't you believe your own daughter love?/Why don't you buy what she says?" Then daughter fails lie detector test and Jeremy says, "I knew you stole that money!" :confused:

It doesn't really matter...... he is pocketing the readies whatever we think of him.
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep, he did. I dont't know why he kept on at her as It was pretty obvious why the mother didn't believe her daughter as it turned out that she had stolen before off her grandmother, hence why the mother brought her on the show.
  • Options
    cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..?!

I saw that bit too, and I thought the exact same thing. It was completely illogical; he changed tack half way through and seemed to completely contradict everything he'd said before. Up until that point, he seemed preoccupied with trying to stir up antagonism between the mother and daughter (he seemed quite frustrated when they were amicable and friendly towards each other, and he kept digging away to try and provoke some conflict and cast the mother as the baddie who'd let her child down). Then he suddenly switched sides and tried to claim he'd sussed out the daughter was guilty all along, which, as you say, was completely at odds with the stance he'd taken at the start!

He seems able to spout totally contradictory views and turn on a sixpence, sometimes even being presented with the same scenario twice within the same show and treating the people involved completely differently. Say, a girl comes on the show not knowing the father of her baby and he'll give her a really hard time and treat her like a trollop. Then another girl will come on in the exact same situation, and he'll fawn all over this one being all sympathetic, as if she's a poor besmirched maiden who's been "made pregnant" by some horrid man.

....Or, a guest will say he's been in prison and Jeremy will jump down their throat and bark: "WELL DON'T BREAK THE DAMN LAW THEN!" But the next guest will say they've been to prison and Jeremy will go all sentimental and reverential: "But it was the making of you, wasn't it? Good on you for turning your life around!"

It's as if he has two responses ready for each scenario, one critical, one sympathetic, and he trots out one or the other depending on whether the guest has been cast as a goodie or a baddie.
  • Options
    ubermanuberman Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was on The Jonathan Ross Show t'other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ9cZtblNsY

Such an arrogant pratt!
  • Options
    OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has he started to insult the audience members now? Twice this week he's told the guest "Don't worry about them, they should be at work!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has he started to insult the audience members now? Twice this week he's told the guest "Don't worry about them, they should be at work!"
    He's done that before.
  • Options
    PoolioPoolio Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Yeah, numerous times too. It's one of his stock lines which he repeats and must think is funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Kyle is an out of touch Tory boy.

Probably wanks himself off to pictures of Maggie Thatcher.