Options

Things to do or see in Guernsey??

rehab_101rehab_101 Posts: 874
Forum Member
✭✭
So i am off to Guernsey on Friday for 3 days with my dad, its our annual trip away together to spend some time together. We are off to Guernsey but at the moment have no plan of what to do. A quick search on google, is only giving me a list of well recommended restaurants.

Anyone from Guernsey or ever been there who can recommend anywhere to go or things we should see?? I believe we are staying near St. Peter Port if that is of any help?

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rehab_101 wrote: »
    So i am off to Guernsey on Friday for 3 days with my dad, its our annual trip away together to spend some time together. We are off to Guernsey but at the moment have no plan of what to do. A quick search on google, is only giving me a list of well recommended restaurants.

Anyone from Guernsey or ever been there who can recommend anywhere to go or things we should see?? I believe we are staying near St. Peter Port if that is of any help?

Many thanks in advance!

Been loads of times, I've even tried to live there, I love it!

Be aware of what to expect, it's like going back 50 years.

The pace of life is very slow, especially compared to mainland city life, so don't expect to find much in the way of fast paced attractions, Guernsey is a place for taking it easy and studying history.

The island's main attractions are to do with the German occupation during WWII and their earlier French connection, so the underground hospital is a favourite tourist spot, as is Castle Cornet (which is in St Peter Port harbour).

There's some fabulous scenery, some nice beaches and the seafood restaurants are some of the best in the world, but Guernsey is more about seeing than doing, if that makes any sense.