Sharia Hotel...taking bookings now !

2»

Comments

• iwearoddsocksiwearoddsocks Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    New faux left and human rights industry - are these avant-garde teetotal music groups?

No, just another silly label for a fuzzy subset of people that exist in this particular poster's paranoid little head :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mercifully, we would never have a KOSHER hotel in the UK....

Oh wait....

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186338-d3317111-Reviews-The_Pillar_Hotel-London_England.html
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member
    As I put in the similar thread in the general discussion thread, my main concern is for the local staff, who will lose their jobs when the hotel goes under. Alcohol is the main thing that makes profit for hotels - in the restaurant, in the overpriced bars and in the minibars. Few people are going to go to eat at a restaurant that doesn't serve alcohol.

This hotel was recently built and there will be large loans that need paying for the cost of buying the land and building it. The no alcohol hotel business model just makes no sense. Its too big a hotel to survive by being a niche hotel only appealing to Muslims. No doubt all the office Christmas lunches and parties due to be held there are being cancelled as we speak.
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, just another silly label for a fuzzy subset of people that exist in this particular poster's paranoid little head :(

I appreciate it touches a nerve, if the labels fits......
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mercifully, we would never have a KOSHER hotel in the UK....

Oh wait....

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186338-d3317111-Reviews-The_Pillar_Hotel-London_England.html

Most people will have no objection to the owners of the hotel deciding not to serve alcohol or pork but they should have made it clear on their website as soon as they introduced the new rules
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Most people will have no objection to the owners of the hotel deciding not to serve alcohol or pork but they should have made it clear on their website as soon as they introduced the new rules

Indeed... and that's pretty much all there is to it... hotel changes ethos and fails to inform customers.
  • wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

reading through this thread would suggest otherwise, the whole issue appears to be the lack of alcohol/bacon.

but i think we all recognise its really all about the fact it has a muslim owner and may/may not be applying his personal values to his business.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    As I put in the similar thread in the general discussion thread, my main concern is for the local staff, who will lose their jobs when the hotel goes under. Alcohol is the main thing that makes profit for hotels - in the restaurant, in the overpriced bars and in the minibars. Few people are going to go to eat at a restaurant that doesn't serve alcohol.

This hotel was recently built and there will be large loans that need paying for the cost of buying the land and building it. The no alcohol hotel business model just makes no sense. Its too big a hotel to survive by being a niche hotel only appealing to Muslims. No doubt all the office Christmas lunches and parties due to be held there are being cancelled as we speak.

What loans?

If the hotel was bought by somebody, presumably any loans have been paid off.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh! Hideous building. Looks like a council block! Mind you I can't get outraged about this. They are setting up a hotel that caters for Muslims. There are still plenty of hotels where you CAN get a bacon sarnie!!!
  • razorboyrazorboy Posts: 5,831
    Forum Member

I could not disagree with you there. they should honour existing arrangements and immediately make clear to new customers if the arrangements have changed
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    You could see this turning into a Monty Python sketch......

well Sir, you could have sausage and mash without the sausage or you could have 'hole' which is our chef's version on toad-in-the-hole......

could I not have egg, beans, fried bread, tomato, mushrooms, fried onion ring and sausage........that's not got a lot of sausage in it.......

:D:D:D - Made me laugh.
  • wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    of course the owner has the right to serve or not serve alcohol or any food they wish as its now his Hotel. its obvious that some Gay or lesbian couples will now try to book a room to test the booking policy . If it turns out the hotel refuses to accept their bookings then I can see a court case that the Hotel will lose.
    it will be fun to see how the DM deal with this as they have supported Christian B&B's found in similar situations . :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2835406/Welcome-Hotel-Sharia-No-alcohol-English-breakfasts-trendy-venue-bought-Muslim-multi-millionaire.html

second thread pushing the gay angle .. ;-)