Options

Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Just irritated by this weeks shambles. I suspect there is more than a grain of truth regarding Cocainegate... the 'retraction' of the OP was no such thing and the only thing she apologised about was posting it! Jones could have a hair strand test, sue and make a bomb but there's no hint of legal action. Fancy that.
    She owns a Land Rover Defender, Nic drives a Merc SLK. I have no idea what the bilge in the Dreary is all about regarding cars... just tripe.
    David dobs in a mate for another bauble (his kids must be so proud!) showing even more weakness of character.
    Then, to top it all off, the 'comments' are allowed at last, then skilfully 'tidied' after 24 hours so 30 or so are deleted... most of which were referring to the lack of legal action around the Herne Hill Snowstorm.
    At least we can be grateful that she's been binned by the DM. Surely it's only a matter of time before the MoS follow suit?
  • Options
    SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if anyone from the MoS actually bothers to check up on what she writes in the Diary, it certainly isn't edited so I doubt it. Have they not realised that they are paying her to write literally the same thing EVERY week? I don't think she has written about anything else in the Diary but Dough Boy since they met last year and try as she might to make it sound like a fairytale romance it just sounds increasingly seedy, desperate and boring. I think she may even have been told to dredge up 'partygate' to make herself sound interesting. It was laughable that comments were suddenly enabled but most of them culled immediately. Liz hasn't worked out yet that readers only ever comment on what SHE has written and what she writes will be online for eternity.
  • Options
    amikolaichekamikolaichek Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's really excelled herself in this week's 'Dreary', putting the boot into the unfortunate family of DScrace by stating he'd said he'sonly been in love twice - once with a girlfriend who died of cancer and the other time - with Lizard, of course!

How nice for his kids to read this horrible insult to their poor mother, DScrace's ex wife. I wish the guy would bloody well SHUT UP about his past relationships, if for nothing else, at least for his children's sake. Because anything he tells Lizard will find its way into the cruel joke that her 'Dreary' has become - Jones doesn't give a toss who she hurts.

The rest is the usual drivel ... Sex and the City, her new car, her 'teenage' body, all her hard work - pilates, sacrifice, 'dawn starts' (what's a dawn start?) and why didn't he want her thirty years ago ... blah blah blah.

At least one of her unfortunate animals got a mention this week - the Romanian rescue dog has bad teeth. Wonder what's happened to the ailing horses, with their poorly 'paws', the sheep-worrying dog, the multitude of cats? :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Yep and what about the work relationship who was alluded to being unhinged? easily identifiable for those in the know?
    And no-one, I mean no-one, has a teenage body when approaching sixty.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's really excelled herself in this week's 'Dreary', putting the boot into the unfortunate family of DScrace by stating he'd said he'sonly been in love twice - once with a girlfriend who died of cancer and the other time - with Lizard, of course!

How nice for his kids to read this horrible insult to their poor mother, DScrace's ex wife. I wish the guy would bloody well SHUT UP about his past relationships, if for nothing else, at least for his children's sake. Because anything he tells Lizard will find its way into the cruel joke that her 'Dreary' has become - Jones doesn't give a toss who she hurts.

The rest is the usual drivel ... Sex and the City, her new car, her 'teenage' body, all her hard work - pilates, sacrifice, 'dawn starts' (what's a dawn start?) and why didn't he want her thirty years ago ... blah blah blah.

At least one of her unfortunate animals got a mention this week - the Romanian rescue dog has bad teeth. Wonder what's happened to the ailing horses, with their poorly 'paws', the sheep-worrying dog, the multitude of cats? :(

There's every chance he gives the same spiel to each new girlfriend! A possibility that didn't seem to occur to the ego that is Lizard (who managed to get in yet another mention of him saying she has the body of a teenager *roll eyes* Oh not forgetting that 'he can't quite believe his luck')

As you say, how nice of him to dismiss his children's mother in this way. I bet they're really chuffed today. Through Liz's column not only have they found out that their dad p!ssed off because he didn't like them getting all his wife's attention (or words to that affect) but also now that their dad didn't really love their mum.

But he goes further, recounting another relationship with someone at work who 'was not quite all there' (what? worse than Liz?!) and another woman he didn’t love and who was always having crises (again, worse than Liz?!) . I should imagine these women won't have much trouble identifying themselves. What a charmer. What a catch. He has no excuse as he knows by now that everything he says/does will end up in print. Treacherous b@stard. He's just another selfish, egotist who (now that he's ageing and is perhaps losing his touch with other women or the younger women he might covet) is getting off on being with a woman who has, apparently, been in love with him for 30 years.

They deserve each other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... and another thing - she's got this new car that hasn't impressed the Baker. oh dear, but when news comes through about the dodgy toothed dog, she rushes up to The Dales in Nic's Ka. I am confused - is her new car already broken? (OK, OK, who cares, maybe I need to get out more).

By the way, I have the body of a teenager and I am nearly 75. I put it down to seven decades of gin, men and song, no exercise, getting up at midday, eating sweet lickle baa-lambs and the odd horsemeat steak, never having a Brazilian or my colon irrigated, fat injected into the backs of my hands (WTF?), and generally having a blast.

Dear Baker, when the gold Dunhill lighters and the cashmere sweaters stop coming, I'm waiting ...! And I'd NEVER publicly comment on the length of your nails and nearly wreck your business and certainly I wouldn't say horrible things that hurt your exes and your children. Mind you, Baker, WHY do you tell the Lizard this stuff, when you know she's going to spew it all out in the Wail on Sunday? Don't you at least care about your kids, if not the poor women you once were with?

(By the way, I don't actually have the body of a teenager :D)
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    ... and another thing - she's got this new car that hasn't impressed the Baker. oh dear, but when news comes through about the dodgy toothed dog, she rushes up to The Dales in Nic's Ka. I am confused - is her new car already broken? (OK, OK, who cares, maybe I need to get out more).

By the way, I have the body of a teenager and I am nearly 75. I put it down to seven decades of gin, men and song, no exercise, getting up at midday, eating sweet lickle baa-lambs and the odd horsemeat steak, never having a Brazilian or my colon irrigated, fat injected into the backs of my hands (WTF?), and generally having a blast.

Dear Baker, when the gold Dunhill lighters and the cashmere sweaters stop coming, I'm waiting ...! And I'd NEVER publicly comment on the length of your nails and nearly wreck your business and certainly I wouldn't say horrible things that hurt your exes and your children. Mind you, Baker, WHY do you tell the Lizard this stuff, when you know she's going to spew it all out in the Wail on Sunday? Don't you at least care about your kids, if not the poor women you once were with?

I suspect the new car may be the Merc SLK that Nic is swanning around in and is therefore in Yorkshire. However Lizard was saying she had "killed" the Ka last week but is now able to drive from the Cupboard up to the Dales in it :confused:
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Damn! I thought I was doing everything right going by your list :D

Great post by the way!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27, I may have the body of a 99 year raddled old hag, but by God, I've had fun! How awful to have the 'body of a teenager' but be a miserable moaning woman who never eats more than half a banana and tortures herself with facelifts, plucking and waxing (and what's with the 'emergency knee waxes' she bangs on about in her books?) Plus the botox and fillers, the dental veneers, the fat implants in her hands, the whole bloody body maintenance for ... what? She isn't any happier or content. What's the effing point?

By the way, now that this week she's made a barbed comment about one of the Baker's work colleagues (not sure if past or present) with whom he had an affair as 'not quite all there', I just so SO wish someone she's so blithely insulted in her Sunday 'Dreary' would have a little word with a shit-hot libel lawyer. And don't forget her comments about the Baker's fingernails, nicotine aroma, wasn't exactly helpful to the Baker's (and his backers') business.

Actually, I think the Baker's sojourn in the Dreary is almost over ... signs are all there, there'll be further moaning and whining about him and then - FINIS. I just hope he can mend fences with his poor kids and ex wife, after Jones's cruel suggestions about his relationship with them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Amikolaichek I loved your post too, in fact, I had a few gins before I got to the end in the hope I, as a 60 year old, would get the body of teenager. She hasn't got the body of a teenager though has she? I am no Angelina Jolie / even Twiggy, but I wouldn't want to look like her ( honestly) - the dark scary hair, the look of permanent dissatisfaction.
    I wish someone would sue too. I would!
  • Options
    FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27, I may have the body of a 99 year raddled old hag, but by God, I've had fun! How awful to have the 'body of a teenager' but be a miserable moaning woman who never eats more than half a banana and tortures herself with facelifts, plucking and waxing (and what's with the 'emergency knee waxes' she bangs on about in her books?) Plus the botox and fillers, the dental veneers, the fat implants in her hands, the whole bloody body maintenance for ... what? She isn't any happier or content. What's the effing point?

By the way, now that this week she's made a barbed comment about one of the Baker's work colleagues (not sure if past or present) with whom he had an affair as 'not quite all there', I just so SO wish someone she's so blithely insulted in her Sunday 'Dreary' would have a little word with a shit-hot libel lawyer. And don't forget her comments about the Baker's fingernails, nicotine aroma, wasn't exactly helpful to the Baker's (and his backers') business.

Actually, I think the Baker's sojourn in the Dreary is almost over ... signs are all there, there'll be further moaning and whining about him and then - FINIS. I just hope he can mend fences with his poor kids and ex wife, after Jones's cruel suggestions about his relationship with them.

Spot on, amikolaichek! For goodness sake, if Liz Jones has got the body of a teenager she needs to hurry the hell up and pass it on to somebody who can at least make good use of it - she's WASTING IT!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great posts amikolaichek! Well this week's Diary was for me the lowest of the low and it's hard to say who is more loathsome, D'Scrace or Liz, certainly a match made in Purgatory. Liz has been wittering on recently about horrid trolls and that SHE doesn't have the right of reply :confused: and yet as the latest Diary has sadly shown she is now using this highly paid column to be hidiously cruel to people who she has never actually met and who have no way of replying, though I feel she has seriously gone too far now and I hope somebody takes legal action. Let's look at that line 'But he even had an affair with a woman at his workplace he was sure was ‘not quite all there’.' As others have said, first of all many who have worked with and know Dscrace will know who this poor woman is, how cruel and humiliating. Second, it is disturbing that Dscrace admits to having an affair with someone he is now claiming was mentaly ill (whether it's true or not) - what type of man does that make him? I also agree that dissing his exes is a routine he will have used with every woman he has had relationships with. Like Liz, he uses the 'victim' card, it's not his fault that all the women he meets are so awful is it? Is it? Finally; a man in his mid-sixties constantly going on about her having the body of a teenager is NOT flattering, it is seriously CREEPY. You reap what you sow Liz.
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I never tell David about my crises."

No need to, dear - he'll read about them in the Wail soon enough.

The dog's teeth... err, didn't anyone - like the vet - notice when she was brought over from Romania ? Memory's not what it used to be, but isn't a once over mandatory, or at least highly recommended for a mutt coming from overseas ?

{edit - ah, thought so: just checked and found this - "At a private veterinary clinic, the little grey dog, which I named Hilda, was found to be dehydrated, starving, and suffering from hypothermia." So said mutt was checked out before leaving Romania (over a year ago) but no-one's noticed until now that she has rotting teeth. Liz may have the body of a teenager (who probably wants it back), but her sense of smell isn't up to much, evidently.]

The impending break-up is one Stevie Wonder could have seen coming, at night wearing sunglasses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really does astound me that the MoS/DM, let her stuff go unquestioned. I'll confess - all my working life (I am now in my seventies) was as a freelance journalist, including fifteen years as a women's page editor for a large group of provincial newspapers, involving a weekly column not dissimilar to a 'Diary'.

My newspaper group's editor in chief (and the group's lawyers) would NEVER have allowed me to be so cruel and disrespectful about people - totally innocent people in Lizard's case, who had the misfortune to be connected with The Baker - and indeed, had I done so, my feet wouldn't have touched the floor as I was thrown out. Those days, you just didn't settle old scores in print or write horrible, cruel things about innocent people, such as Lizard does about DScrace's ex wife, girlfriends - implying that he never loved anyone (including the mother of his kids???) except one (now deceased) girlfriend and, of course, the Lizard! That's just such a horrible, cruel and spiteful thing to write.

I am, frankly, amazed that the MoS doesn't pull Jones up on what's she's doing. I know her 'Dreary' is click-bait, so that the MoS and DM can reel in more advertisers. But people only 'click' because they want to see what this car-crash of a woman is doing now. I think the day may come when one of the victims of her spite will bite back, and I can't wait. Meanwhile I am so so sorry for his poor children, his ex wife and all his ex girlfriends. And shame, SHAME on DSCrace, telling Lizard such cruel things about them, when he bloody well ought to have know she'd use it all in her 'Dreary'. What's wrong with the guy? Doesn't he care about the people he once loved - yes, LOVED, of course he loved them at the time - but the Lizard is obviously re-writing his history to suit herself - safe to claim he 'only loved' the girlfriend who died, and herself.

Sorry to go on so ... but I am totally incensed at what the Lizard is now doing - it's gone beyond a bad joke, and the MoS/DM should be ashamed of themselves, giving a platform to this sort of writing that is so hurtful, and bordering on malicious, to innocent people,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to get a professional opinion on the low standards of Liz and the MOS amikolaichek, and to know that not all publications would tolerate their writers abusing their positions in such a nasty, spineless and very personal way. Did you ever come into contact with her? I suspect that face to face she is not so 'brave' with words. The increasing need for 'clickbait' now most newspapers and magazine's are online has definately contributed to the decline in proper journalism and good writing but targeting innocent people who are easily identified should never, ever be acceptable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, Seabird, apart from once, many years ago, exchanging emails about one of her cats - she sounded really nice then and quite reasonable. Odd thing is, she can be such an excellent writer - parts of her 'Exmoor Diaries' are beautifully written, quite lyrical, but I don't know why she's now become so spiteful and uncaring about the hurt she inflicts on people, including her own family.

I wish she'd go back to being the good journalist she once was - now, she seems so bitter and unkind. It doesn't make sense, that she whines about 'trolls' being nasty to her, yet she thinks nothing about being horrible to people - people both in the public eye such as Kirsty Allsop, Clare Balding - and people who are./were in the life of the Baker, not to mention her own relatives. It's just so wrong.

I feel sad for her - to write as she does now, she must be so bitter. But she really has it all - well paid job, beautiful house, loads of all the designer schmutter she desires (and I don't imagine she pays full price for this), countless sessions of beauty treatments, cosmetic procedures, general pampering, plus all the freebies she gets as part of her DM/MoS job ... but does it make her happy? Does it hell.

Don't know what her problem really is. Sure, if you read her latest book 'The Girl Least Likely To ...' she moans about her childhood but please, do me a favour, loads of us knew far far worse. She had loving, if over anxious parents and OK, they weren't well off and maybe her mother did handknit some of her dresses :cry: and she obviously has body image problems but for God's sake, she's nearly sixty, surely time to address these 'issues', with some therapy? Instead of taking it out on her poor siblings, boyfriend's kids and exes, and people in the public eye she takes some dislike to ... for example, Clare Balding, because of her dress sense! She seems totally without any 'self editing' or sense of what's appropriate. As I've said over and over again, I can't understand why the Mail group, or its lawyers, pass the stuff she writes as fit for publication? I really do wish one of her victims would take her on legally. Or that she'd go back to being the brilliant writer she can be, without the spiteful stuff she now dishes out.
  • Options
    Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do wish one of her victims would take her on legally. Or that she'd go back to being the brilliant writer she can be, without the spiteful stuff she now dishes out.

When someone who used to be a good writer starts producing overfluffy piffle it can sometimes be that they have gained so much clout that they have negotiated no-edit clauses in their contracts. In other words, they were never as good as you thought they were, they just had great editors. I wonder if that could be the case with Liz? Though legal issues should always trump this stuff.

That said, I - not a lawyer, but a journo outside the UK - am not sure that anything she writes is grounds for a legal challenge. It's spiteful and nasty and embarrassing, but she's not, for instance, breaking name suppression.

If someone in DScrace's world was charged with something, and it was before the courts right now or the person had permanent name suppression, and she wrote about it in the way that she does, there might be a case, as she makes it pretty easy for anyone who knows the people involved to uncover the identity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has in fact had legal action taken against her by the owner of a horse that died in Liz's 'care'. The horrified lady only found out that the horse had died by reading the Diary and then Liz tried to blame the owner again in the Diary (although she did not name her). This time she took on the wrong person who formally complained to the Press Commission and won damages. Sadly Liz did not believe she had done anything wrong and is continuing to use innocent people for cannon fodder. (The incident was covered in this forum at the end of 2012).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about when she talks about her sister's alleged bullying (which I don't believe for a moment)? And when she makes out that she bought her sister a house out of the goodness of her heart when in fact it was ordered by the courts? Surely that kind of twisting and misrepresentation would be actionable somehow?

When she printed the photo of her poor mother, one of her brothers had to contact her and demand that it was taken down. Hundreds and hundreds of reader comments said how revolting it was that she considered her mum's dementia and healthcare appropriate column fodder anyway, but the photo was just beyond despicable.

And now it's not even her own family she's lambasting publicly, but people from her boyfriend's past, who have never done anything to her! I would be devastated. Mind you, Liz's life is SO boring now that there's nothing left to say about her own life and precious little to say about the dirty baker's life, so she's scratching about for anything at all to talk about. Hopefully she'll stop altogether soon and we might find an entertaining diarist for our Sunday reading pleasure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jones has previously stated - almost boasted - that she gets sued about three times a year for something she's written (probably the most publicised one was by Kate Winslet in 2007: Sophie Dahl also sued her in 2010). There have also been more recent 'under the radar' moments, such as Steve Harley's lawyers "having a word" with her about her claims that her brother Nick was in Cockney Rebel... and of course that Kerr man.

Idle thought: might D'Scrace be reasonably described as a master baker ? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Jones has previously stated - almost boasted - that she gets sued about three times a year for something she's written (probably the most publicised one was by Kate Winslet in 2007: Sophie Dahl also sued her in 2010). There have also been more recent 'under the radar' moments, such as Steve Harley's lawyers "having a word" with her about her claims that her brother Nick was in Cockney Rebel... and of course that Kerr man.

Idle thought: might D'Scrace be reasonably described as a master baker ? :)

This farticle from 2011, 'My rebel brother’s in a cardboard coffin, victim of a system he hated', still says that he did. I wonder if Steve Harley is ok with this!
    Nick headed to London, and as well as playing with Cockney Rebel, Annie Lennox and Julie Felix, joined a couple of bands: Red Brass and Ascend....Nick could have stayed with Cockney Rebel and lived off the royalties every time Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me) is on the radio, but he thought Steve Harley a ‘c**k’.

Does the fact that she says 'played with' and then talks about him 'joining' other bands make it ok? (Geniune question!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She clearly states that he played on their #1 single, and was a member of the band. Harley remembers it somewhat differently: he auditioned but wasn't good enough. (Genuine answer ! :D )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear ... surely Lizard doesn't tell porkies ...! :confused:

Must confess I'm not up to date with news from The Dales. Are all the horses still around, with their poorly 'paws', the dogs, including 'Michael', her 'boyfriend' (hope DScrace isn't jealous), seventeen cats ...? Has she upset any locals yet? Can she get Illy coffee? Has she found a psychic healer veterinarian? A supply of line-caught organic free range prawns for the pussies?

I think we should be told. Make a change from the interminable 'Barbara Cartland Meets Jackie Magazine' saga of near geriatric couplings. Still, nice for The Baker, imagining he's toiling over 'the body of a teenager' :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just remembered something I keep meaning to ask ... does anyone know what happened at that 'Liz Jones Meets Her Readers' at the Millennium Hotel, 12th August last year? It was promoted by the Daily Wail/Wail on Sunday and I assumed it happened, but ... NEVER a word about it afterwards. Just found the gushing invitation...

To celebrate the launch of Liz Jones’s much talked-about memoir, Girl Least Likely To, we are delighted to invite you to an entertaining evening with the lady herself at the lavish Millennium Hotel.
    This magnificent 18th-century mansion, which combines tradition with contemporary luxury, is situated in the heart of London’s Mayfair, overlooking Grosvenor Square.
    On arrival, you will be welcomed in the Avista Bar with canapés and a glass of chilled prosecco before having the opportunity to buy Girl Least Likely To and The Exmoor Files ready for Liz to sign.
    During the evening, you’ll get the chance to meet Liz, who will talk about her life and give you an honest insight into her memoir.

Plus, there will be a Q&A with Liz hosted by author Kate Figes, giving you the perfect opportunity to put your questions to her

Surely someone must have been there - or was it a huge flop, or were the audience forced to sign a gagging agreement? There was this little note at the end of the enticing (!) invitation:

"
    By attending the event you agree to be photographed and waive all rights, including moral rights, in any photography."

So - was the event sold out? If so, where are the photographs? Did anyone posting here actually go? If they did and I've missed the comments, I'm longing to see them.
  • Options
    Gail_SorleyGail_Sorley Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Was this the event that also stated there would be no refunds if the event was cancelled or changed in some way? In essence, you'd be pre-paying and then if Liz changed her mind or the BF called her teenager body to be by his side, she could take a powder and all the monies paid would be lost?

also, what's the deal with her current living arrangements? over the recent past, she's mentioned her "flat" which has some sort of a basement which I think is also a garage, and her house -- so she has both? didn't she give up The Cupboard at the beginning of the year? did she move? I'm confused!! (not the first time, either)....

and LOVE the comments posted here....much more aware and amusing than what LJ comes up with!