17th March 2014: EastEnders: Stax is Back! BBC1, BBCHD, @ 8.00pm

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Ronnie is just fabulous...her bare faced cheek in going to visit Adam. Not even Grant could have pulled that off, let alone Phil.:D

It wasn't fabulous. It was naff and cringeworthy. If someone put someone in hospital after they've just murdered one of their family members they'd be lying low and not drawing attention to themselves.

It just shows how absurd and overhyped this DTC era really is so far.
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Good point :
    It's about teaching old Dogs new tricks l:
    :o
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    :o I cannot believe you called Dully a dog!
    :(
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    And old :.
    :(
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Haha!
    Is that not true then? :

Unlike you I am not scared of him :p
    You should be! I'm the God of DSEnders, I control your fate. ;-)
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Well we all know Dan2008 is the oldest guy on the soaps forum.
    Exactly.
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Good continuity with Ian there
    Yeah, I liked the mentions of his time on the streets.
    -Batman- wrote: »
    Max you lying piece of shit
    Stop thinking from your dick
    So glad he didn't get his leg over. :D
    "She's your niece Max"

That's why he doesn't care..... cos he isn't allowed to shag her.
    Haha!
    Max is almost ALMOST as annoying as Fiz from Corrie (
    :o, No one is that annoying!
    lola_skye wrote: »
    A romance that nobody wants. I liked the fact that Lola and Jay were friends and nothing else
    Agree but at least its giving Jay some screentime.
    I've missed Mo's schemes :
    Agree. it's great to see her being used again.
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    Loving new Ronnie, as always! Psychoooooooo!
    +1
    Please don't mention the loathsome Bradley.
    BIB Don't you mean loveable. :p
    Max is a ****. But he'll get away with it because he's not a woman
    A male **** gets a pat on the back.
    Hahaha Max got dumped
    for taking a dump. :D

Another enjoyable episode IMO. Good use of characters. The St. Jane act is beginning to grate though.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    I disagree, he isn't just suggesting or giving her healthy encouragement. He is practically throwing her into a particular career path without even thinking to ask what she actually wants, treating her current vocation with utter contempt, god forbid she might actually enjoy it and want to carry on down that route.

Though it is annoying me that Peter is acting in this manner. And that's before you consider the hypocrisy considering he is perfectly happy manning a fruit and veg stall.

Regardless of whether Lola enjoys what she's doing, she hasn't been very successful so far and she has a child to support. Peter is encouraging Lola to pursue a career which is more stable, and which will bring in more money for Lexi. I don't think he has treated her current vocation with contempt, but he is giving her a much-needed reality check. And if she doesn't like what Peter says she can tell him to get stuffed; she's never had a problem saying that to anybody before.

Peter is actually behaving responsibly, yet he is portrayed as the villain so Lola can run off with Jay, and no doubt have another baby which she cannot afford.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I don't get the impression that he's forcing her to do anything. It's not like he enrolled her on the course himself is it?

The truth is, Lola is being ridiculous. If she can't stand up for what she wants to do in her own life, then she is going to have to learn a lot, especially with a young daughter to take care of. Peter is only being practical, but if Lola doesn't like his suggestion I don't see why she's having such a hard time telling him otherwise.

I find it very out of character for Lola to be like that. She has usually been very headstrong in the past.

Yeah, it is true that Lola should grow some balls and tell Peter how it is. But I stand by the fact that he is totally out of order deciding that her current path is not worthwhile, and I can see in theory why somebody would act the way Lola is. I also don't think it's in character for Peter to go all guns blazing, slagging off the job he has no reason to believe she does not enjoy & helping in this exciting new career path without actually stopping to really think about what she wants. Re. Lola, I guess it's a case of struggling to face the fact that they have different aspirations in life (though again, Peter is happy on the stall making it even more farcical). Basically I think it's all a load of contrived, predictable crap to facilitate a Jay and Lola romance.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ice. Cold. Ronnie! :o:o

Not liking this forced story with Peter pressuring Lola to define her life one way against her wishes...

Well, Archie did deserve to die, tbh, Stacey.

Max taking advantage of a vulnerable Stacey... Git! >:(

Still have no idea why Jake's still around? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    Still have no idea why Jake's still around? :confused:

It's because he wants Lauren.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    That's what happens to Keyser when he takes a lady to a hotel room!

:D

Bloody cheek! :cry:

As for the episode Ronnie is now a full blown psychopath and it made very interesting viewing seeing Philth cautious around someone for once.

Max and his prehensile knob were at it again, I am sure he was having a quick tug in the bathroom - by his standards it's been so long it must seem to him like he last had sex just after the Big Bang - which is exactly what he was hoping to give Stacey! :D

Ian being a rounded human being once again was also refreshing, long may it continue. Beneath the facade he does really have a heart and this aspect of his character should be shown far more often.

Not a bad episode at all. :)
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    Regardless of whether Lola enjoys what she's doing, she hasn't been very successful so far and she has a child to support. Peter is encouraging Lola to pursue a career which is more stable, and which will bring in more money for Lexi. I don't think he has treated her current vocation with contempt, but he is giving her a much-needed reality check. And if she doesn't like what Peter says she can tell him to get stuffed; she's never had a problem saying that to anybody before.

Peter is actually behaving responsibly, yet he is portrayed as the villain so Lola can run off with Jay, and no doubt have another baby which she cannot afford.

BIB: Basically I'm totally with you here, though I actually think it is a bit arsey and out of character for Peter to go about it in the way he is. It's so transparent what is going on, and really annoying as after setting the group of Jay, Abi etc. apart so much from the vacous, inbred gang of Lauren and co they're going down the same pathetic, boring route.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise has always had an horrible side.

I don't seem to remember so, she has never really treated anybody in a horrible way.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCRicken wrote: »
    Anyone think Alfie married the Aussie chick? She gave him loads of cash and he gave her a way to get a permanent working visa for the UK? I dont think he slept with her, maybe it's a dodgy deal and she's part of some drugs gang? Hmm :kitty:

Yep, I think he married her. She has no surname in the credits and even Luke had a surname in the credits that they didn't use in the actual episodes. I think there will be more to it than that though, maybe Alfie scammed someone else who then said they would let him keep the money if he married her, but Nicole doesn't know that Alfie was effectively paid to marry her and fell for him, hence why she has been trying to contact him even though he has ignored her. He could also have told her some story about how he needed to go back to the UK to sell some properties or something before he could move out there permanently, and she's turned up now because he hasn't come back when he said he would.

Alternatively, maybe she was involved in some deal at the same time as he was. Alfie could have convinced her to team up with him (probably leading her on a bit) and rip everyone else involved off. Then he double crossed her and ran off with the money.

There was a picture going around at the weekend saying 'Alfie's no cheat - he's done worse.'
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are they trusting Janine at her word?

As history has shown, she's not a women of her word.
    Exactly
    So is Aleks still the market inspector?
    Yes. He is in charge of all 6 stalls
    -Batman- wrote: »
    Max you lying piece of shit
    Stop thinking from your dick
    Max Branning.....evil. >:(
    I've missed Mo's schemes :D
    Mo Harris.....evil. >:(

Kat Slater....Totally evil. >:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mo looked like a butch lesbian with the bleached hair. Ugh go away Stacey bringing her back was a big mistake am sick of the sight with her.

Phil is such a hypocrite he's had plenty of people beaten up in the past showing no remorse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mo looked like a butch lesbian with the bleached hair. Ugh go away Stacey bringing her back was a big mistake am sick of the sight with her.

Phil is such a hypocrite he's had plenty of people beaten up in the past showing no remorse.

Phil's never murdered anyone though then got one of the victims family members beaten up then gloated about it by visiting them in hospital. This s/l is atrocious. Having Adam beat up would just add fuel to the flames, not make them back off and let them off with murdering Carl. But in EE world, the Mitchell's are untouchable so they won't do anything. EE is a pos right now. The Carter's need to come back on screen asap.
  • Options
    man in the parkman in the park Posts: 4,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh go away Stacey bringing her back was a big mistake am sick of the sight with her.

agreed. its like going back 4 years to that miserable face and one trick pony acting. She hasn't progressed as an actress one bit.
  • Options
    F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agreed. its like going back 4 years to that miserable face and one trick pony acting. She hasn't progressed as an actress one bit.

Wow, I'm amazed to learn this. You must be a great acting expert. :confused:
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    F1Ken wrote: »
    Wow, I'm amazed to learn this. You must be a great acting expert. :confused:
    Everyone is an Expert of another on this forum it seems.

I suspect you know loads about False Teeth or something :p
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    >:(>:(>:(

:D:D:D

This thread has been entertaining as usual!

Last night episode was a good start to the week. Max really annoyed me though, it's like he didn't even care about Bradley and completely forgot about the past events with Tanya. He deserved a big smack! Thank god the kiss didn't develop into sex. It was a relief to see Stacey gone before Max could finish what he started!:eek: I look forward to seeing everyone's reaction when she actually comes back to the square.

Don't really see the point of Jake returning though. Although, that woman who appeared out of the blue seems very keen on him! Pretty feisty!:eek: Ronnie was also part of the highlight in last night's episode. Phil's shocked look said it all! His reputation of being a hardman is sinking even further!:D Adam looked like he had an accident with a frying pan!:eek: