Hotel Inspector - 2015

lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
Forum Member
I remember this bloke on Four in a Bed
He has a very strange idea about the tray and toast.

Comments

• Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Will have to watch plus one, is it a new series or just go back and look at old series?
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    New series.
    Forum Member
    His attitude to running a hotel is very stuck in the 70s/80s,
  • CapparwireCapparwire Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    His attitude to running a hotel is very stuck in the 70s/80s,

Basil Fawlty?
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldnt surprise me if he is on the autistic spectrum, he is extremely rigid and fixed.

Added to having zero taste in decor and poor ability to manage things like the food/provision

I honestly do not know why these people go into business they have really no ability to do.
    Forum Member
    tiacat wrote: »
    It wouldnt surprise me if he is on the autistic spectrum, he is extremely rigid and fixed.

Added to having zero taste in decor and poor ability to manage things like the food/provision

I honestly do not know why these people go into business they have really no ability to do.

I thought the same thing.
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for his wife.
  • St. AnthonySt. Anthony Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the better of these kind of shows, I do wonder whether folk who go on it deliberately make their hotels crap before she comes, then get a big transformation, happy ending, free publicity, etc.
    Forum Member
    That view is amazing.
    Forum Member
    Next week's couple have been on Four in a Bed aswell.
  • divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next week's people were on Four In A Bed. 'Harmony', the place is called. It's actually on the same road as The Singing Kettle that she did on The Fixer.
  • Sky_GuySky_Guy Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Having just seen the intro, looks as if there are a few wackos in this series, as always.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do these people not watch the show beforehand ?. Do they think she will come in and say oh everything is OK and fly out!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I feel sorry for his wife.

Me too, she was lovely, must be a very patient woman
  • spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is clearly edited a lot to make him look even more foolish. It can be hard to judge just how bad he is really.
    Not really sure what logic was behind not changing the pricing list. Did I mishear or did they say they did steak as an option for breakfast? It sounded like the wife cooked breakfast every day and did the afternoon/evening meals? I am not convinced
  • David_ArcherDavid_Archer Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I thought it was an old episode as I knew his face. Now I remember he was on 4 in a bed
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is another programme that just churns out the same thing every week. Alex turns up, critisises the place has arguments with owner but all turns out ok in the end.

Getting bored with them now :( and it grates every time she calls them all Dahling >:(
  • sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    It is clearly edited a lot to make him look even more foolish. It can be hard to judge just how bad he is really.

I live in looe and know him. He is a plonker.
  • Ess_BeeEss_Bee Posts: 7,716
    Forum Member
    TrishaS wrote: »
    Getting bored with them now :( and it grates every time she calls them all Dahling >:(

When people do that it's usually cos they can't remember or be bothered to remember names!

The poor wife deserves a medal. It looks like he married her to get a free housekeeper.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another couple from 4IAB on next weeks show. They seem to swap couples like a key party on these shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheddy99 wrote: »
    I live in looe and know him. He is a plonker.

Tell, tell!
  • sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    Capparwire wrote: »
    Tell, tell!

he's just a magnified version of what is shown on TV. Always causing arguments on the tourist information centre's facebook page with stupid comments.
    There was once a landslide which closed the main road into town for months and traffic was diverted. He took it upon himself to stand in the middle of the road at the diversion (where local tv cameras had been reporting about the news story as the landslide killed someone) stopping cars and waving his home made sign around, and ended up getting cautioned by the police.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    'Toast is not an option'...that along with the monkey with a suitcase ornament had me in absolute stitches :D
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    'Toast is not an option'...that along with the monkey with a suitcase ornament had me in absolute stitches :D

The toast thing was one of the finest things i've ever seen on a menu. I mean, what the hell were they thinking?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheddy99 wrote: »
    he's just a magnified version of what is shown on TV. Always causing arguments on the tourist information centre's facebook page with stupid comments.
    There was once a landslide which closed the main road into town for months and traffic was diverted. He took it upon himself to stand in the middle of the road at the diversion (where local tv cameras had been reporting about the news story as the landslide killed someone) stopping cars and waving his home made sign around, and ended up getting cautioned by the police.

Oooft, thanks for the info, I'm not really surprised. Seems like an attention/publicity seeker