• dannyboy22dannyboy22 Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody ???
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's Jame?

If you mean James, perhaps his business was reinventing people's reputation after they've been convicted of serious criminal offences.
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    I think he said on you're fired that it was a business to help disadvantaged kids become entrepreneurs.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coach entertainment?
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone at the other site said he wanted to launch a business in the social enterprise industry. No idea if it's true, though.

Of all business plans we heard so far, Ella Jade's business proposal was the most ridiculous.

There's no real money in making independent documentaries. Sugar made the right choice if he used her proposal as the underlying reason to kick her out.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    I know Felipe wanted to do a social enterprise type BP, not sure what James wanted. When Dara asked him "what are you gong to do in the future" he replied something about a mentoring scheme, helping young kids to get into business etc. Not sure if that was his BP though.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His business plan is to sit on my face

Or maybe that's just my proposition to him? idk
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    It's to become my kept man
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know Felipe wanted to do a social enterprise type BP, not sure what James wanted. When Dara asked him "what are you gong to do in the future" he replied something about a mentoring scheme, helping young kids to get into business etc. Not sure if that was his BP though.

Ah. That's probably what the other person was thinking of. Right plan, wrong person.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Idk what it was but he acted like an idiot throughout so I'm guessing his plan would be rubbish.

I think his real aim is to become a reality tv star like as a career, one of those who wants to get into celeb Big Brother etc.
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Meadow mowing logistics?
  • dannyboy22dannyboy22 Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    Who's Jame?

If you mean James, perhaps his business was reinventing people's reputation after they've been convicted of serious criminal offences.

Go away spelling nazi.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer my question with out being a nobhead.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    Someone at the other site said he wanted to launch a business in the social enterprise industry. No idea if it's true, though.

Of all business plans we heard so far, Ella Jade's business proposal was the most ridiculous.

There's no real money in making independent documentaries. Sugar made the right choice if he used her proposal as the underlying reason to kick her out.

In fairness, he invested in Zara on Young Apprentice, who had a similar business plan. She was making advertising films for charities, and making around £150 per film.
  • NeverEnoughNeverEnough Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Selling imported low end goods out of a suitcase and then finding an antique watch which he mistakes for a Victorian egg timer?
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Shappy wrote: »
    Who's Jame?

*blinks*. WOW, way to let it go. Are people still going on about his criminal record?

It's nice to know people can leave the past behind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In fairness, he invested in Zara on Young Apprentice, who had a similar business plan. She was making advertising films for charities, and making around £150 per film.

That makes hell a lot more sense than documentary films, which is what Ella Jade apparently wanted to make.

She'd be better off making - say - book trailers for book publishers and self-published novelists. I don't see the point of book trailers, I really don't, but a former colleague is profiting between £800 and £2K from making book trailers. Strange world, eh.
  • Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interest, where are these book trailers shown?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takae wrote: »

She was surely someone who was invited onto the programme to make the others look better. She seemed to have no business experience, no business knowledge, and not even to have had a job.
  • trebanostrebanos Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Some here

http://www.worldbookday.com/booktrailers-online/

They look to be mostly cartoons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Publishers' sites, authors' sites, social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.); book tours via review blogs, video streaming sites like YouTube and Vimeo; the usual online promotional/advertising/marketing spots on online publications, and television (usually in the U.S., though).

The biggest target is the YA / children market. There's a few trailers for adults as well. Literary (Jeffrey Eugenides, Douglas Coupland, Donna Tartt, etc.), genre (thriller, horror, SF, romance, etc.) and non-fiction.

Examples:
    Dave McKean's trailer https://twitter.com/davemckean/status/353155365396946944
    Random House YA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBo7s_HHC-8
    Crown Books https://www.youtube.com/user/crownbooks
    Harper Teen https://www.youtube.com/user/harperteen/videos
    Egmont Press: Teen Fiction https://www.youtube.com/user/EMTeenFiction/videos

According to some in marketing, the success of increasing the word-of-mouth effect for Suzanne Collins's teen novel The Hunger Games can be attributed to its 2008 book trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TnxXoMpF3c, which was distributed across 180+ teen book review blogs worldwide a month before the book was released.

Like I say, I don't understand the book trailer aspect of book marketing, but some seem convinced it works.
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member

I thought his pitch about poor kids on You're Fired was a load of bullsh*t to make himself seem nice rather than his actual plan. It reeked of insincerity and was no more credible to me than Miss World saying she wants to end world poverty.
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    His business plan is to sit on my face

Or maybe that's just my proposition to him? idk

Hahaha. :D