Duffy Diet Coke Advert

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
Forum Member
✭✭
WTF???

That top and voice combo just freak me out!

She looks like she has been shoved into one of those charity money boxes that used to sit outside the chemist when I was a kid!

Comments

• FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    WTF???

That top and voice combo just freak me out!

She looks like she has been shoved into one of those charity money boxes that used to sit outside the chemist when I was a kid!

Brilliant!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    I like it and I like her too.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Duffy been or likely to be on BB yet ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    Has Duffy been or likely to be on BB yet ?

I assumed she had been otherwise - Who the hell is she??
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    her voice is so squeaky!!! its like Duffy duck smoking something. the end makes me cringe lol.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think she has a really annoying voice, and that advert irritates me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Duffy I think she is gorgeous but the advert is just - rubbish - worse than that double glazing advert with the strange bald nothern bloke shouting
  • fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Duffy but don't think her voice sounds good in that advert.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She sounds a bit like Macy grey in it, at least I think that's her name!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I generally like Duffy's music but that Diet Coke advert is plain awful! Her screeching voice is horrible!
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The quality of her voice in this ad is atrocious.

There's something not quite right about the whole thing, as if she has been super-imposed onto the bike! Very odd.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead eyes. Moves like a puppet. No soul or expression.
    My God - she's a zombie.
    Alan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanna be fweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......................think Orville the Duck........it's a huge achievement to advertise Coke, but her voice is terrible in this.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    It's a completely weird, naff and irritating advert - and I've only seen it once.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a completely weird, naff and irritating advert - and I've only seen it once.

How've you managed that? Bloody thing hits me every time I turn on the telly. It's put me off Coke for life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know chipmunks could ride bikes. We live and learn.
  • lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well as a bit of an oldie who loves a couple of Duffy's songs - Mercy and Gonna Rain on Your Parade - but otherwise knowing nothing about her, I was thinking of getting a Duffy album - but after hearing her on that Coke advert, well if that's what she usually sounds like (a cat on heat), no way will I buy it now. :eek:
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    i keep hoping she falls off that bloody bike & breaks her neck
    Forum Member
    Muggsy wrote: »
    How've you managed that? Bloody thing hits me every time I turn on the telly. It's put me off Coke for life.

I saw it for the first time last night, but I usually spend half of my time with earphones in, so have probably missed the other 999 times it's been on this week!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »

Same for me, I swear it's haunting me because I hate it so much, there's just some things you just don't want to hear and Duffy screeching like fingernails on a chalkboard are one of them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Hate the add. Love Duffy tho. I think she looks ridiculous on the bike to be honest. :confused:
    Forum Member
    From what I remember of the ad, she looked like she'd escaped from the 118 advert!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Hera wrote: »
    I generally like Duffy's music but that Diet Coke advert is plain awful! Her screeching voice is horrible!

Same here! I wonder who actually made the decision to use the track when it sounds so bad... :confused:
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Same here! I wonder who actually made the decision to use the track when it sounds so bad... :confused:

I think they believe it's showing her "unique" voice....is it just me or does she actually sound like a pastiche now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I love Duffy, this ad is horrific. I don't even really know what I don't like about it but the whole thing just makes me cringe.