Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 13)

Comments

• Options
    georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Good Morning JJat

i've had very little sleep
    so please bare with me :o

firstly Nyannie good luck with your procedure
    hope all goes well thinking of you :D

Lindy hope you had a good time at jersey boys
    i've heard nothing but good things about it :D

BBlover hello, nice to see ya :D

well what a weekend of sport i've had
    started well England Rugby win :D
    Wales and Ireland strange game, nice to see wales turn up in the second half, and a shock defeat for the french :cool:

Now liverpool
    Pepe.... Pepe..... what were you thinking
    did you have a rush of blood to the head
    the win should of been ours :eek:
    not a draw :(

and my beloved 49ers ( the reason i've only had a couple of hours sleep)
    nearly did it, came so close,nearly the perfect come back
    just fell short :( but the popcorn, pizza and beer kept us going all through the night :D

hope you all have a good day x
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Can't sleep so am just popping on here to say hi :)

Am thinking of everyone even though I haven't been on here that much lately.

You're a fantastic bunch of people :D - but hey, you must know that :D

Love to all and sleep tight :sleep::sleep::sleep:

Going to hit the hay myself now :yawn:

Lindy xxx

what a lovely post..

you are a pretty fantastic person as well.:D
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    b ump this for bblover...

Good idea! :)

Poor old John looks just a tad confused here, don't you think? There's a touch of 'how did I get here, and how do I get back?' about him, lol :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    what a lovely post..

you are a pretty fantastic person as well.:D

:o:o Thanks marion, but enough already! :p:D

We are a bit of a mutual appreciation society, though, aren't we? :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning JJat

i've had very little sleep
    so please bare with me

firstly Nyannie good luck with your procedure
    hope all goes well thinking of you

Lindy hope you had a good time at jersey boys
    i've heard nothing but good things about it

BBlover hello, nice to see ya

well what a weekend of sport i've had
    started well England Rugby win
    Wales and Ireland strange game, nice to see wales turn up in the second half, and a shock defeat for the french :cool:

Now liverpool
    Pepe.... Pepe..... what were you thinking
    did you have a rush of blood to the head
    the win should of been ours :eek:
    not a draw :(

and my beloved 49ers ( the reason i've only had a couple of hours sleep)
    nearly did it, came so close,nearly the perfect come back
    just fell short :( but the popcorn, pizza and beer kept us going all through the night :D

hope you all have a good day x

Hi georgy :)

Hope you got a bit of a nap today. Sounds like you had a hectic weekend. Great sport, just slightly disappointing results.....

Pepe Reina used to be almost the best goalkeeper in the Premier League :) He's had a few mishaps lately though :cry: Wonder whether he wants to get back to Spain? Also it must be difficult for a goalie to concentrate throughout a match.....well, it would seem that it is! :eek::(

Still, draws against Arsenal and Man City in the same week isn't bad going, even if we could have won......x
  • Options
    bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    b ump this for bblover...

Thank you Augusta:)Lol he's too busy talking to even look at the photographer:pHow did you guys find the pix?Did he tweet something about going to that specific night club?Or your detective skills are THAT good?:eek:

So much love on this page,give me a bucket:p;)

Morning btw:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening everyone...

wow its got so so cold here all of a sudden.

hope everyone is feeling ok. Im feeling all creative again, and have found an old wicker shelf, that im painting blue to go into the bathroom. So far its had 2 coats. My OH is away this week and I want it finished and in place before he gets back.

If its in there, he wont notice for weeks, but if he sees it , im going to get critical comments about how well its painted........and questions about whether or not we really need another shelf in the bathroom.....:eek:.

.But we do........there just seem to be so many lotions and potions in there. Daughter no 1 is worried about the condition of her hair, and so has brought even more shampoos and conditioners etc than usual. :cool:

Ive tried putting the lotions and potions away in a cupboard, then forgot they were there, and went out and bought new things.....!!!! So a lovely new shelf will be a perfect solution.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi georgy :)

Hope you got a bit of a nap today. Sounds like you had a hectic weekend. Great sport, just slightly disappointing results.....

Pepe Reina used to be almost the best goalkeeper in the Premier League :) He's had a few mishaps lately though :cry: Wonder whether he wants to get back to Spain? Also it must be difficult for a goalie to concentrate throughout a match.....well, it would seem that it is! :eek::(

Still, draws against Arsenal and Man City in the same week isn't bad going, even if we could have won......x

oh i agree two draws
    in hard away matches is good
    just a little disappointed
    when we could of quite easily taken all 6 points
    not sure what has happened to our goalkeepers this season
    some very poor mistake
    but i hope we can keep hold of Reina
    would be a great shame to lose him :cool:

Good Evening JJat :D
    Whats going down, anything happening :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening everyone...

wow its got so so cold here all of a sudden.

hope everyone is feeling ok. Im feeling all creative again, and have found an old wicker shelf, that im painting blue to go into the bathroom. So far its had 2 coats. My OH is away this week and I want it finished and in place before he gets back.

If its in there, he wont notice for weeks, but if he sees it , im going to get critical comments about how well its painted........and questions about whether or not we really need another shelf in the bathroom.....:eek:.

.But we do........there just seem to be so many lotions and potions in there. Daughter no 1 is worried about the condition of her hair, and so has brought even more shampoos and conditioners etc than usual. :cool:

Ive tried putting the lotions and potions away in a cupboard, then forgot they were there, and went out and bought new things.....!!!! So a lovely new shelf will be a perfect solution.:D

I,m sure your shelf is lovely
    everyone needs more room in the bathroom

what the problem with your daughters hair
    perhaps i can help, you know me, love a treatment :o:D

very cold here to
    whats going on with this weather
    i've had to put on a fleece :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good Morning JJat

runs around shouting

Hellllllooooooooooo

is anyone here

nope never mind

will pop back later :D
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Morning JJat

runs around shouting

Hellllllooooooooooo

is anyone here

nope never mind

will pop back later :D

BIB made me LOL out of lurkdom.:) Good morning georgyx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ucra girl wrote: »
    BIB made me LOL out of lurkdom.:) Good morning georgyx

hello ucra
    how are you doing
    i was lurking in the court thread :o
    great discussion going on
    over the last few days :D
  • Options
    Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi to all my friends on the JJat. Hope you're all well. :)

I know it's been a while (hangs head in shame) :o but there's been rather a lot going on down here.

I would like to echo Lindy Lou's post about you being a fantastic bunch of people. :).

It's been a rather difficult time this past year for me, as some of you know I lost my Dad suddenly and without warning. He'd had a fantastic life and reached the grand old age of 87 still active and as bright as a button, so it was a bit of a shock. :(

This happy little thread has been a real lifeline for me, being able to pop on and chat and laugh along with you all when I've been feeling down or overwhelmed with my responsibilities. Thankyou all so much for that, and a very special thankyou to nyannie, who has kept me sane these past 15 months. :):D

Dad's flat has finally sold (we completed just over a week ago) and my job as executor is just about done, just a few last wishes to be carried out. :)

So my late New Year's resolution (and if you remember I've given up making them) :D is to try and post everyday...... so be prepared for a load of old nonsense when I've absolutely nothing constructive to say rofl. :o:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost forgot,I'm sure you'll all be pleased to know that nyannie is ok after her procedure, but is feeling a little tired.

Hope you're feeling on top of the world real soon nyannie.
    Lots of love and hugs. :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi to ucra, hope you had a lovely time with your family over Christmas and enjoyed your trip. :):)

Now that's three posts in one day, gosh I'm excelling myself. :D
    I'm worn out now, time for a cuppa, a croissant and a lie down.:o:p

Waves to everyone,enjoy the rest of the day. :)

Note to self...must check out the new court thread. Thanks georgy. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I,m sure your shelf is lovely
    everyone needs more room in the bathroom

what the problem with your daughters hair
    perhaps i can help, you know me, love a treatment :o:D

very cold here to
    whats going on with this weather
    i've had to put on a fleece :D

her hair is really dry, its fine in the first place, but then she straightens it every day and dyes it.... And as a student, I dont think she spent a lot on having it cut properly...!!!

so its not really surprising it needs a bit of attention.:D

But im not sure that she really needs the expensive products recommended by the hairdresser? Something about needing products without lanolin in, cos this will dry her hair out even more?

Im used to buying a variety of supermarket own brands and changing them each time, so the hair doesnt get too used to any one particular brand?

but is this the best method?

its interesting to get the summary of the football results on here, I can sound knowledgeable without really trying very hard :D:p:D

how are you alll?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Hi to all my friends on the JJat. Hope you're all well. :)

I know it's been a while (hangs head in shame) :o but there's been rather a lot going on down here.

I would like to echo Lindy Lou's post about you being a fantastic bunch of people. :).

It's been a rather difficult time this past year for me, as some of you know I lost my Dad suddenly and without warning. He'd had a fantastic life and reached the grand old age of 87 still active and as bright as a button, so it was a bit of a shock. :(

This happy little thread has been a real lifeline for me, being able to pop on and chat and laugh along with you all when I've been feeling down or overwhelmed with my responsibilities. Thankyou all so much for that, and a very special thankyou to nyannie, who has kept me sane these past 15 months. :):D

Dad's flat has finally sold (we completed just over a week ago) and my job as executor is just about done, just a few last wishes to be carried out. :)

So my late New Year's resolution (and if you remember I've given up making them) :D is to try and post everyday...... so be prepared for a load of old nonsense when I've absolutely nothing constructive to say rofl.:p

im looking forwards to hearing what you have to say...

I like reading almost anything.....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi to all my friends on the JJat. Hope you're all well.

I know it's been a while (hangs head in shame) but there's been rather a lot going on down here.

So my late New Year's resolution (and if you remember I've given up making them) :D is to try and post everyday...... so be prepared for a load of old nonsense when I've absolutely nothing constructive to say rofl. :o:p

Hello Lena
    its always lovely to see you :D

so pleased the sale has gone through
    its been a very long and hard road for you
    glad its now coming to a end

looking forward to your nonsense
    will look forward to anything you have to say :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    her hair is really dry, its fine in the first place, but then she straightens it every day and dyes it.... And as a student, I dont think she spent a lot on having it cut properly...!!!

so its not really surprising it needs a bit of attention.:D

But im not sure that she really needs the expensive products recommended by the hairdresser? Something about needing products without lanolin in, cos this will dry her hair out even more?

Im used to buying a variety of supermarket own brands and changing them each time, so the hair doesnt get too used to any one particular brand?

but is this the best method?

its interesting to get the summary of the football results on here, I can sound knowledgeable without really trying very hard :D:p:D

how are you alll?

ok here goes augusta
    a few suggestions

now if its really dry
    it might need a few intensive treatments

so anything with macadamia oil, perhaps a hair mask or the oil itself placed on the dry parts not the roots
    there is a whole range of products.
    By the way when placing the oil in
    its also great for dry hands :o

or the milkshake products are very good
    all can be found on the net

now these are a little expensive
    but ideal gifts :D

now there is a slightly cheaper option
    i do like the
    L'oreal products and they also now do a oil, to feed through the hair, but if she is using a hot iron on her hair every day
    she must put a protection serum on( again L'oreal do a good one elnett )
    otherwise its not dry hair..... it singed :o
    just stay away from tresemme

hope this helps :cool:

p.s not good to wash the hair everyday this will also just dry it out :o
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hello ucra
    how are you doing
    i was lurking in the court thread :o
    great discussion going on
    over the last few days :D

I am fine.I do lurk there sometimes.I am glad it has a wider scope now.
    Hi to ucra, hope you had a lovely time with your family over Christmas and enjoyed your trip. :):)

Now that's three posts in one day, gosh I'm excelling myself. :D
    I'm worn out now, time for a cuppa, a croissant and a lie down.:o:p

Waves to everyone,enjoy the rest of the day. :)

Note to self...must check out the new court thread. Thanks georgy. ;)

I had a brilliant holiday and a rare opportunity to stay at home after all the travelling was finished.The children liked it and my son admitted he didnt think he would enjoy that much.It was his real first visit to Africa.He is trying to speak Luganda now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello all :)

Some lovely posts today....just like belonging to a club!

Glad nyannie is okay and good to hear from you all. Special thanks for the hair and beauty tips Georgy, and Lena I look forward to you keeping your resolution! :cool: Thanks ucra for your link which I think is cool, and Marion for your ever warm and insightful posts. Bblover it's great to see you back...let me know if you really need that bucket! :D

Went to the dentist today as had toothache ( or so I thought). He said the pain wasn't "tooth-based" after all, lol, so off I went to the GP. He concluded that I have "pain in the jaw joint".....well, I could have told him that, in fact I just had!:p The conclusion was that it "usually settles" with the help of copious amounts of painkillers. Oh joy!! So now, at for me the rather early hour of 11.53, I can hardly keep my eyes open :(

Will just have to go to bed :yawn:....some may say this is a good thing, anyway!

So I wish you all goodnight :yawn:, sleep tight :sleep::sleep:

Lindy xx

PS Enjoyed the footy tonight! :D
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Hello all :)

Some lovely posts today....just like belonging to a club!

Glad nyannie is okay and good to hear from you all. Special thanks for the hair and beauty tips Georgy, and Lena I look forward to you keeping your resolution! :cool: Thanks ucra for your link which I think is cool, and Marion for your ever warm and insightful posts. Bblover it's great to see you back...let me know if you really need that bucket! :D

Went to the dentist today as had toothache ( or so I thought). He said the pain wasn't "tooth-based" after all, lol, so off I went to the GP. He concluded that I have "pain in the jaw joint".....well, I could have told him that, in fact I just had!:p The conclusion was that it "usually settles" with the help of copious amounts of painkillers. Oh joy!! So now, at for me the rather early hour of 11.53, I can hardly keep my eyes open :(

Will just have to go to bed :yawn:....some may say this is a good thing, anyway!

So I wish you all goodnight :yawn:, sleep tight :sleep::sleep:

Lindy xx

PS Enjoyed the footy tonight! :D

It could also be TMJ or arthritis of the jaw - if it persists, demand that you see a maxillofacial surgeon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

I'm back - still feeling a bit whacked out but glad to say everything is OK. One procedure to go, dentist, pain clinic, osteopath and physio to go - whew!

Thanks for your kind words Lena - it's been a pleasure. You have also given me lots of support (Gosh this thread is turning into a mutual admiration society).

Have I missed anything? Any news of our boy in Oz?

Read the hair discussion - I used to iron my hair with brown paper over it. Those were the days before all the numerous hair products. I remember that some people used to put olive oil on their hair as a conditioner and after putting the olive oil on they'd wrap their head in a warm towel. Certainly cheaper than buying all the feeders etc.

Good to see you back ucra.

I wonder when we will be getting a new thread. I thought there would be a new one by now! Oh well!

I use Daniel Galvin (DG) damaged hair
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another post from me!!!!

I know we have only just finished Christmas, but does anyone fancy a weekend in Lille in November to go Christmas shopping? It is cheaper than Paris and there is a good museum, antique shops and generally good shopping. If anyone fancies this, please send me a PM. Eurostar goes from St Pancras in London.
This discussion has been closed.