The Incident 1967

Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
Forum Member
✭✭✭
just watched this on dvd .

never seen it before , hadn't heard of it even , but its really good .

Martin Sheen's first movie , 2 young thugs get on a train and start tormenting the passengers .

the photography and acting are superb , and it really captures the period - the simmering social tensions that were going on , its very raw and real .

I'd really recommend it .

Comments

• Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watched this on dvd .

never seen it before , hadn't heard of it even , but its really good .

Martin Sheen's first movie , 2 young thugs get on a train and start tormenting the passengers .

the photography and acting are superb , and it really captures the period - the simmering social tensions that were going on , its very raw and real .

I'd really recommend it .

Interesting, not heard of that one. Must check it out.

I would also highly recommend The California Kid, a 50's set tv movie from 1974, with Sheen as a guy who butts heads with Vic Morrows sheriff, who hates teenagers and may have been responsible for the death of Sheens brother.

Sheen has that James Dean/Marlon Brando quality in spades here, and Morrow excelled in playing hard-assed, bullish authority figures and cops such as the one here. There is a bit of a David and Goliath aspect to the story, and there is also some great car action (Sheen drives a custom, flame painted 1934 Coupe), and small roles for Michelle Phillips and Nick Nolte.

It is available on Region 1 dvd.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got The Incident DVD, I'd never heard of it before either, but got to it through Donna Mills being in it (I was watching Knots Landing on CBS Drama at the time) and it sounded up my street. I haven't watched it yet, but even just skipping through it to make sure it worked I could tell it was a good quality film. I do like American film from that 'transition' era where they were trying to shake off the shackles of the Hays Code and make films in a much more 'adult' but not necessarily explicit or vulgar vein, just more 'mature' and realistic generally. In the cases of these types of films, factors such as black and white and location shooting all add to that. A film of this type I've never got to see is 'Lady In A Cage' from 1964, a home invasion story starring Olivia de Havilland as the wheelchair-bound victim (the 'cage' I understand being the lift installed in her home), and James Caan in a proto role as one of the antagonists.