Rylan wanted to sing wires, sounded great on Xtra factor

2»

Comments

• cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a good snippet which showed a half decent voice and wish he had sung this on the main show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it matters. He gave a passable rendition of a mere snatch of it. It doesn't follow that he'd be able to sustain the whole thing, whilst dressed as an ostrich and surrounded by a dozen hula hooping penguins. But even if he could accomplish that - and it's a big if - that's a track, not a record. And please - he'd kill to be Mariah.

It's not a big if at all. Have you forgotten udges Houses? He can sing better than a lot of the contestants left.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, I missed it. :( Don't suppose it's online anywhere to listen to/see?

It's on Youtube, just search Rylan Wires
  • sinbad22uksinbad22uk Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was brilliant. <3

I really do hope he sings a full on ballad soon because his great voice must be showed off to the people who still think he can't sing.

Jesus Christ I have heard it all now, "brilliant" sometimes I worry about people and almost lose the will to live. At best it was passable, funny isn't someone who is in the last 8 of the x factor shouldn't need to try to prove they can sing, it should b
    e a given
  • TeekyPieTeekyPie Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason I can really picture Lucy spraggan doing a great job of wires, now that you've mentioned it. I think it's because the original is sung in her kind of accent
  • TeekyPieTeekyPie Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched the rylan version, good but you can tell he's making zero effort to identify with a song that is tragic and emotional. I feel like I'm being petty though because obv he's not performing it properly
  • fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    something that people rarely pick up on is the amount of echo and reverb to enhance the impression of sustain that is being applied to the microphones to make people sound better than they are. the 'karaoke' effect i like to call it. although rylan sounded better on xtra factor than he normally does, there was a heck of a lot of this effect on the mic. actually they added a fair bit to ella's performance last night too.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sinbad22uk wrote: »
    Jesus Christ I have heard it all now, "brilliant" sometimes I worry about people and almost lose the will to live. At best it was passable, funny isn't someone who is in the last 8 of the x factor shouldn't need to try to prove they can sing, it should be a given
    What? Because his preferred style of music is dance, he has lots of production and entertainment going on with his routine and around him. As he is constantly moving round the stage and has loud backing music, this limits how much he can sing to his best ability. So yes he does have to prove exactly what he can do, which is what he did last night both on the show itself and on the XtraFactor.
  • Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,754
    Forum Member
    I have only just watched this having recorded Xtra last night and I have to admit he was rather good.

I've never been fan and I find him irritating but I would rather listen to him singing wires than any of James's so called mindblowing performances. He sounds constipated at best.

I always believed that Wagner could actually really sing but he was made into a joke as a result of his eccentric character. I think he knew the score though. I think Ry does too as he just wants fame by any route possible.
  • sinbad22uksinbad22uk Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What? Because his preferred style of music is dance, he has lots of production and entertainment going on with his routine and around him. As he is constantly moving round the stage and has loud backing music, this limits how much he can sing to his best ability. So yes he does have to prove exactly what he can do, which is what he did last night both on the show itself and on the XtraFactor.
    Proved what exactly? I hear people every week at the local Karaoke that can sing 10 times better than that. The only thing keeping him in is the joke factor and the fact that he seems a popular guy off stage, but this should be about talent not popularity. He us a young Johnny Robinson with the difference that Johnny could dance around and hold a note
  • QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    It's on Youtube, just search Rylan Wires

Thank you! Just watched it and it loved it. :D

Definitely not the best singer in the world, but he can carry a tune and he sounded no worse than some of the other contestants still in the show. IMO. :)
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sinbad22uk wrote: »
    Proved what exactly? I hear people every week at the local Karaoke that can sing 10 times better than that. The only thing keeping him in is the joke factor and the fact that he seems a popular guy off stage, but this should be about talent not popularity. He us a young Johnny Robinson with the difference that Johnny could dance around and hold a note
    Proven that he can sing obviously, since that's what the original point was about. Nobody's claiming he's the best singer ever, the guys in the boybands are no better than him, but they have each other which makes them sound stronger overall.

Shows like this will always revolve around personality to an extent, who is going to vote for someone that they find unlikable but is a great singer? Likability is quite a factor in the music industry nowadays, that's just how it is.
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing about Rylan is that he has charisma, while virtually none of the others do. I'm pretty certain he will be the only contestant from this series who we can all still remember in a year's time.
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    It's not a big if at all. Have you forgotten udges Houses? He can sing better than a lot of the contestants left.
    It's up there with balancing an elephant on a peanut, juggling anvils and sharing a bath with a hungry crocodile. If only I could. He can't "sing better" than pretty much any contestant the show's ever seen.