Official UK Lost Season 3 Thread (Sky One Pace, no spoilers please!)

Comments

• robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just catching up as ive been away

how can they just magically add 2 losties out of thin air and expect us to believe theyve been with them for 2 months?

not that i mind coz hes fit but you know not very believable
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    gabbyevs wrote:

how can they just magically add 2 losties out of thin air and expect us to believe theyve been with them for 2 months?

Why isn't it believeable? We've known since day 1 that there were more than the 10 or so islanders that were mainly focussed on. Now that 3 of them are on another island, there's no problem with introducing a couple of characters on the main island who have been in the background until now.

It would have been worse had they gone 7 seasons just ignoring the rest of the passengers on flight 815.
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because weve never even had a glance of them before now! at least some of them have been wandering around who we can see now 2 of them looked like they just came out of nowhere
  • biggeralbiggeral Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gabbyevs wrote:

I think you are referring to Nikki & Paolo.

At the start of the programme, I think I remember them saying that there were 43? survivors which would include Ethan, but not the ones from the tail section or any other Others.

Only about 15 survivors have featured so there are nearly 30 other survivors, including Nikki & Paolo who have not featured.
  • biggeralbiggeral Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a couple of questions I am not sure if anyone can help with.

What happened to the 2 guys in the boat/plane at the end of series 2?

If the Others are marooned on the island, where do their supplies come from?

Since Michael & Walt took their boat, what are they using for a boat now?

Finally, what happened to Miss Kluh from the end of series 2?

I have a feeling that there is another tribe of "Others" in the Lost world which is why Henry/Benjamin said "We are the good guys" at the end of series 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggeral wrote:
    There are a couple of questions I am not sure if anyone can help with.

What happened to the 2 guys in the boat/plane at the end of series 2?

If the Others are marooned on the island, where do their supplies come from?

Finally, what happened to Miss Kluh from the end of series 2?

I have a feeling that there is another tribe of "Others" in the Lost world which is why Henry/Benjamin said "We are the good guys" at the end of series 2.

Do you mean the guys in the listening post? They reported the anomaly to Peneople Widmore, it hasn't gone back to that yet as it seems to be focussing on island events, but I'd imagine it will before end of season.

The Others seem able to travel to the mainland, Benry indicated as much. However, they may also get Dharma supplies dropped from the sky as with the main island.

As Miss Klugh was in charge of Walt we may see her again as and when we find out what happened to the tail section kids.

If the 2 islands ARE in fact separate as Benry suggested there may then be a "feral" or more dangerous group of Others on the main island, as they were undoubtedly living there at the time of the Tail Section abductions
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biggeral wrote:

They've just taken Desmond's boat.

They also have a Submarine and may well have other boats, was the boat given to Michael the same one that was seen at the end of Season one?
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when does sky show episode 7 and catch up with USA
  • MelodyMakerMelodyMaker Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ep 7 airs in the US on a Wednesday (not sure of exact date in Feb 07) and Sky1 airs it on the Sunday - 4 days later.
  • drystonewalldrystonewall Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ep 7 airs in the US on a Wednesday (not sure of exact date in Feb 07) and Sky1 airs it on the Sunday - 4 days later.

Has this been confirmed somewhere? If so, it is great news!!!
  • MelodyMakerMelodyMaker Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure there was any official confirmation from Sky themselves but I've definitely seen this confirmed by OPs
  • ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has this been confirmed somewhere? If so, it is great news!!!

oh yes.

only days to avoid spoilers for instead of months.

thank you sky, i'm glad you have it now :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    The thing about nikki and paolo is, that, I have recently watched series 1 again, for more clues, and there are a couple of moments where everyone is gathered together, funerals and speeches and suchlike. And you have just about 30-35 people, and these 2 have never featured, although saying that, rose was very noticeable by her abscence apart from in her dedicated epsiodes as well.
    It's just a feature of it I guess, it is flexible as we dont know all 45 survivors or however many there are now ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    FatherA wrote:
    The thing about nikki and paolo is, that, I have recently watched series 1 again, for more clues, and there are a couple of moments where everyone is gathered together, funerals and speeches and suchlike. And you have just about 30-35 people, and these 2 have never featured, although saying that, rose was very noticeable by her abscence apart from in her dedicated epsiodes as well.
    It's just a feature of it I guess, it is flexible as we dont know all 45 survivors or however many there are now ;)

Also, keep in mind that the creators would be unwilling to cast the existing extras for main roles. We cant expect perfect continuity in a show so complicated.
  • Pacha67Pacha67 Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sawyers cage seems a bit small for a load of bears to have lived in.......

Can't quite get a handle on where this is going at the minute...at least adjusting to a Sky showing is not as bad as it was with 24...just so long as there's no more unwanted AD episodes....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Just had a wild theory, dont laugh too loud. But what if the second island wasnt a second island at all, but just a mirror image of 'the island' :confused::confused:

I was just thinking of when Benry said to Sawyer "The only way to gain a conmans respect is to con him" You cant get much bigger a con than making it look as though there's another island. We've already seen the Others use some kind of force-field when Jack tried to shoot Mr.Friendly, so who knows what other tricks theyre capable of??

Like I say, just a wild theory, dont laugh too loud :D:D

Dont forget, this is Lost, anything is possible.... ;)
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody else notice some sort of speaker behind Benry when he was showing Sawyer the second island? May add weight to the theory that it was an illusion
  • Pacha67Pacha67 Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yakutz wrote:
    Anybody else notice some sort of speaker behind Benry when he was showing Sawyer the second island? May add weight to the theory that it was an illusion

hey Yakz....think you may need to change your location.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a wild theory, dont laugh too loud. But what if the second island wasnt a second island at all, but just a mirror image of 'the island' :confused::confused:

I was just thinking of when Benry said to Sawyer "The only way to gain a conmans respect is to con him" You cant get much bigger a con than making it look as though there's another island. We've already seen the Others use some kind of force-field when Jack tried to shoot Mr.Friendly, so who knows what other tricks theyre capable of??

I also thought it was potentially an even more elaborate con
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pacha67 wrote:
    hey Yakz....think you may need to change your location.....

Hey Pacha - an yes, I think I probably do - its all gone now :eek:
  • me@homeme@home Posts: 13,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What force field? I thought that Jack and Sawyer and whoever else he was with realised that they were outnumbered and surrendered their weapons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Im sure one of them fired a shot, and it bounced away as if there was a protective shield in front of Mr.Friendly, where he'd said there was a line and for them not to cross it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Im sure one of them fired a shot, and it bounced away as if there was a protective shield in front of Mr.Friendly, where he'd said there was a line and for them not to cross it.

I don't think that happened. Mr Friendly was just making a point and no shots were fired.
  • me@homeme@home Posts: 13,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mickey.p wrote:
    I don't think that happened. Mr Friendly was just making a point and no shots were fired.

That's the way I saw it too although a shot might have been fired. Mr. Friendly was just demarking a boundary that the Losties shouldn't cross into Othersville.
  • Sheba's collarSheba's collar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No shots were fired,whatsoever.
    A force field.Lol.