Options

Fairy Jobmother (boss of A4E) - C4, 14 July - What a joke!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know what qualifications she actually has?

If she was sleeping on my sofa I don't think I'd be able to stop myself rearranging the pillows....
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    2 jobless people in Middlesbrough, how refreshing :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    I was dreading seeing how this women would behave after the last programme she featured on, but so far she has been okay. I know it is just the start of the programme, but compared to how she came across in that last programme, I am hoping that she will at least be a little bit more genuine....she couldn't be any worse than the last time, surely!
  • Options
    kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    ConanSan wrote: »
    I respect that woman's work, don't lump her with this bitch.

Oh I don't know, I reckon my toddler would soon be quiet if threatened with time with her. ;)
  • Options
    LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~ Mandy ~ wrote: »
    Does anyone know what qualifications she actually has?

If she was sleeping on my sofa I don't think I'd be able to stop myself rearranging the pillows....

She spent 5 years working as a trainer (ahem desk jockey) at A4E. I think that's it. I don't recall whether she'd ever suffered the humiliation of being a reasonably intelligent and educated woman out of work. I suspect not. So all this 'I know how you feel' bollocks can stop right now.

Did you hear her going on about being a sat nav, helping people on their 'journey'? Dear God David Brent is alive and well!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    kania wrote: »
    Oh I don't know, I reckon my toddler would soon be quiet if threatened with time with Emma. ;)

yes, but you'd get the same result with a baseball bat.

I wouln't wish her on my kids.
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went on one of these new deal courses for one week and in that one week all we did was talk, read newspapers and do absolutely nothing to help me to get back in to work. I got off my own arse and got myself onto a CCTV course as the local jobcentre wouldn't put me on it as according to them too expensive. I passed my exam and course work last week and waiting on my certificates to get my CCTV licence to get me back into work.

What is going to happen when 1.3 million or jobs go in the public sector, because that is what the condems are looking to get rid of. Also talking about the condems if it wasn't because of their budget cuts i would have been in a job.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Couldn't believe it when she started snooping in their fridge and cupboards.

When the woman said they don't get much fridge food in i couldn't help but think you don't clean your fridge much either :D It was nearly empty FGS, surely she could've found time to run a cloth round it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no ... you dont get the house benefits or the ct benefits in your hand! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hmm. not sure I'd be wearing white in that house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i feel deeply sorry for them (especially the kids) with regards to having nothing but there are people out there that will work 16 hours a day to provide for their family and these 2 just cant be assed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thejel wrote: »
    i feel deeply sorry for them (especially the kids) with regards to having nothing but there are people out there that will work 16 hours a day to provide for their family and these 2 just cant be assed

I think a lot of it is the spiral of debt. They'd probably be fine if they didn't have so much debt and learned to save instead.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only earn slightly above what they get in benefits on a full time job. That can't be right can it?? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I only earn slightly above what they get in benefits on a full time job. That can't be right can it?? :eek:

Welcome to the hypocrisy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

no ... its not right ... they dont GET the money for the rent or ct! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do feel bad for them- I've been there despite a decent education and solid work background. The old saying is true: it's easier to get a job when you already have one. Being on the dole is soul destroying. To see Maxine so upset is heartbreaking, cos she seems smart enough and sweet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kania wrote: »
    I think a lot of it is the spiral of debt. They'd probably be fine if they didn't have so much debt and learned to save instead.

true, one failing of the education system is that we're not taught the basics of money/spending/saving. Common sense to some who have the benefit of money conscious elders but many have been left to work it out themselves
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They don't see most of that money. That's what Dean was trying to get through to her.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thejel wrote: »

I disagree. I think he does want to work but his point is very valid, the moment the agency ring him up and say "sorry we don't want you tomorrow" they face 6 weeks of no money = homeless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is the most brilliantly titled thing ever, she's living in a fantasy world where people can magically produce jobs out of their arse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree. I think he does want to work but his point is very valid, the moment the agency ring him up and say "sorry we don't want you tomorrow" they face 6 weeks of no money = homeless.

I do think this is one of the main obstacles that the government needs to address. It came up on Benefit Busters as well.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well they do, they just don't get it in their hand. I feel the same when my Standing Order for my rent has to be held aside from my salary every month as I don't see that either lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loon wrote: »
    They don't see most of that money. That's what Dean was trying to get through to her.

exactly - she added in £79 quid a week for housing benefit on to their 'income' they do not get that money - that amount is deducted from their weekly rent - not given to them cash in hand to do with what ever they want!
  • Options
    lets go gemma!lets go gemma! Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are none of them in college doing a course or something?

he could become a plumber apprentice
  • Options
    werdna67werdna67 Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Well they do, they just don't get it in their hand. I feel the same when my Standing Order for my rent has to be held aside from my salary every month as I don't see that either lol

Well said.