Supernatural Season 6 UK Air Date

Comments

• .Haley..Haley. Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    What I do take exception to is just *how* they are attempting to market the show. The link to the Sky page sounds like it could be for the male version of ANTM. If I hadn't watched since the pilot on ITV2 (thank you Echo And The Bunnymen promo) I certainly wouldn't be too tempted to give it a try which is a shame, as the show is so much more than "OMG HOTTT BOYZZZ!!!!11"

This.

What is up with that link.

- Back for a sixth season, the hit US show follows the smokin' hot Winchester brothers as they criss-cross America on a paranormal mystery tour

- In the case of the rather tasty angel Castiel (Misha Collins), let's hope not…

- The story focuses on hot-but-very-capable brothers, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) - who make the show worth watching even with the sound turned down. Who needs plot and dialogue?

Do they even know what the show is about? Or did they just take a look at some pictures?
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumours are suggesting and air date in June.

Poo:(
  • tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
    Forum Member
    I said in the nikita thread that sky were going to ruin living and I remember having a debate with someone about my opinion. Seems I was right. Living is going to lose all the credibility virgin built up!
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Haley. wrote: »
    This.

- Back for a sixth season, the hit US show follows the smokin' hot Winchester brothers as they criss-cross America on a paranormal mystery tour

- In the case of the rather tasty angel Castiel (Misha Collins), let's hope not…

- The story focuses on hot-but-very-capable brothers, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) - who make the show worth watching even with the sound turned down. Who needs plot and dialogue?

Do they even know what the show is about? Or did they just take a look at some pictures?

Lol looks like they saw the promo pic:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rather annoyed supernatural wont be back til the summer. its the only series ive been waiting for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    :cry:Hi all!

I've been looking everywhere for Supernatural this last couple of weeks so ta for all the info. Bad news that it won't be back til June tho.....:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    i am surprised that sky have not even brought it on before the old living owners did season 5 started 10 feb last year, sky even brought the new season of Americas next top model on a couple of weeks after the previous season ended.

i read that sky have even increased the budget for the tv shows by 25% more than living is used to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know what, I can actually cope with the fact that Sky is treating this show like $h1t, I can cope with the fact that I will continue to watch in US time and can cope with waiting until June so I can watch it on TV in this country. I can cope, I don't have to like.

What I do take exception to is just *how* they are attempting to market the show. The link to the Sky page sounds like it could be for the male version of ANTM. If I hadn't watched since the pilot on ITV2 (thank you Echo And The Bunnymen promo) I certainly wouldn't be too tempted to give it a try which is a shame, as the show is so much more than "OMG HOTTT BOYZZZ!!!!11"

/rant over, and apologies

That's exactly my thoughts too, with regards to ITV 2's promos. They are what stopped me from watching Supernatural. I got hooked well into season 3 when I was channel hopping, thought it was an excellent show and then had to buy the previous seasons on DVD to catch up and haven't missed an episode since. For me, it really is the best TV series ever.......so far......at the moment.
    It's a pity people like myself would have been turned away from this show because of ITV 2's sham of a promo.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Haley. wrote: »
    This.

Well we know what Andy Gray is upto now then... :p
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    June?!?!?! Deary me.
  • HappyTruckerHappyTrucker Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :cry: Not happy about it being June before this returns. I really thought that the days of waiting til a season had finished Stateside before we got things had ended. Like others, I would have thought it would been a good pairing with Bedlam. Maybe to either a) get the Bedlam viewers to hang around and see what this other 'spooky' show is all about or b) to get the Supernatural lot to stay watching Bedlam.

Also, what the hell is that marketing about on that link? Yes, I know Living has always been a channel whose target demographic is women, but for crying out loud that page is a disgrace. If a programme was marketed as "two smokin' hot girls running around saving people and they look so good you could watch with the sound off" <<nudge nudge>> the guys who did for Andy Gray would be after the marketers like a shot.

I'm male, have watched Supernatural since it started, and never really given any thought about it being more aimed at women before. After reading that blurb, I find myself feeling that Sky Living doesn't WANT me watching the show. Which, considering I pay the damn bill, I find a bit annoying. Even the wife has never watched it drooling with her tongue hanging out making weird panting noises, so I think that sort of marketing is ridiculous.

June? Oh well, I don't suppose complaining to them is going to help. Never seems to normally. Maybe they're only showing this season cos the rights had been bought by Living previously. Maybe, if there is a seventh season, we won't get to see it all.........
    Forum Member
    :cry: Not happy about it being June before this returns. I really thought that the days of waiting til a season had finished Stateside before we got things had ended. Like others, I would have thought it would been a good pairing with Bedlam. Maybe to either a) get the Bedlam viewers to hang around and see what this other 'spooky' show is all about or b) to get the Supernatural lot to stay watching Bedlam..

same here seems like they(living) dont want it clashing with couger town/bedlam/ANTM.

they have 25% more money each year now so they can get us shows faster but not supernatural.
    i do watch Supernatural at us pace but like to watch it at uk pace, but im not happy at all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    just to confirm what's already been said, sky never miss have it up as june now - so looks like a bit of a wait!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    just to confirm what's already been said, sky never miss have it up as june now - so looks like a bit of a wait!

Grr:( Oh well, thanks for the info:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Grr:( Oh well, thanks for the info:)

sorry :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    sorry :(

It's not your fault:p;)

We must destroy Sky!:D
    Forum Member
    It's not your fault:p;)

We must destroy Sky!:D

Okay! But can we wait for the end of the series first....:eek:
    Forum Member
    Okay! But can we wait for the end of the series first....:eek:

im with you on this aswell not just because of supernatural but fringe, lie to me and stargate universe.

house has just been brought back so that makes up for about 1% of my angryness

edit: house is 2 episodes back from us pace NOT days after the states as sky keep telling us on there advert.......................................1% taken back
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,210
    Forum Member
    I was thinking about this before while watching last weeks ep do people think sky know the shows finished in America and that's why their treating it like crap.

As far as I'm aware they still have to decide but maybe they've told tv execs it's gone
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nats18 wrote: »
    I was thinking about this before while watching last weeks ep do people think sky know the shows finished in America and that's why their treating it like crap.

As far as I'm aware they still have to decide but maybe they've told tv execs it's gone

where did you hear about the show being finished in America? as far as I know nothings been announced yet but it has a strong chance of getting a 7th season so I doubt that would have any effect on why Sky are holding back season 6 :confused:
    Forum Member
    Other shows like Ghost Whisperer have been binned in the US and Sky is doing the same as always.

It just treats good shows like crap. I'm not impressed with Bedlam - if that is "instead" of Supernatural.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,210
    Forum Member
    natalie77 wrote: »
    where did you hear about the show being finished in America? as far as I know nothings been announced yet but it has a strong chance of getting a 7th season so I doubt that would have any effect on why Sky are holding back season 6 :confused:

I haven't heard.
    what I meant was maybe they haven't released the news to the general public but have maybe said to Sky people it's not getting renewed
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    nats18 wrote: »
    I haven't heard.
    what I meant was maybe they haven't released the news to the general public but have maybe said to Sky people it's not getting renewed

It couldt be id be absolutly shocked if that happened as this season has done just aswell ratings wise i think and with smallville ending i dont see why theyd drop there 6yr old sucessfull show ahead of all the other tripe on CW
    Forum Member
    They drop plenty that are successful. Moonlight won awards, best writer etc and was dropped just after.
    Forum Member
    just looked on living website and instead of spring 2011 start date (looked 2 weeks ago) now its changed to spring/summer (TBC)

looks like they still not got a date in mind