Options

Hollyoaks Viewers - How old are you?

Comments

• Options
    QueenShebaVIIIQueenShebaVIII Posts: 1,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 17 and started watching just a year ago. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 24 and I've been watching it for about 9 years
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    15, and just started watching it
  • Options
    Auds77Auds77 Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 34. Remember when it started but didn't really watch it much. I suppose my earliest memories are of Finn, Carol & Tony.
  • Options
    upsykimsyupsykimsy Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 26, and started watching occassionally about 3 years ago, then religiously 2 years ago
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoToBo wrote: »
    I'm drawing my pension, but thats al I'm saying :eek::eek::eek: Except I've watched it from the start.

Oh Gawd I should not have answered on this thread.

Just popping off to put the cocoa on before the E4 ep :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 25 ,started watching ..well I remember Cindy the first time round ,and Kurt Ruth & Jambo! Watched through Uni but stopped watching properly about year ago .Trying to get back into it now! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    15, I think I started watching around 11.

One of the first times I saw it I thought Justin and Warren were brothers for some reason, and Katy was going out with both of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 18 and have been watching for four years on/off :cool::)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    30, and feeling ancient now! :D
  • Options
    lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoToBo wrote: »
    Oh Gawd I should not have answered on this thread.

Just popping off to put the cocoa on before the E4 ep :D:D

We have much in common - except that I have my cocoa AFTER the E4 ep!
  • Options
    emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 26 and watched it since the start. Glad to hear there are other 'oldies' watching it! My bf always says I'm too old!
  • Options
    Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like my age and don't admit to it, my last age it took me near to the next birthday for me to finally except it, so I'll say I'm 20 with a +1 recently added.

I had no idea when I started watching, how does everyone remember the year or how old they were? Through looking at Wiki, it was about 2004ish I started watching. Looking through Wiki has made me realise how much happened in Hollyoaks between 2004 and 2008 and how little has really happened since. I miss so many of the characters that were so good between those times, compared to now, the amount of really good characters is significantly lowers now. Russ, Danni, Andy Holt, Sam Owen, Joe, Zoe, Will, Sarah, Sophie and Mel Burton, Justin, Kris Fisher, Lee Hunter (first time around), Dan and Ben, Dom, Louise.... I could go on, but there's so many.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    I'm 20, and only started watching it last year
  • Options
    jeppajeppa Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Looking at the ages on most of these replies makes me feel like Methuselah. I`m 61 and I`ve watched it since the beginning.:o
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Im 19, My sister used to watch it in the early 2000s, i used to watch it with her the odd time then i started watching on and off since the whole sam owen dog in the pond fire, watched it on and off until october last yea, since then havent stopped!! :)
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    I'm 21 and have been watching from the age of 10.

I used to watch it on Sundays mainly, up until Family Affairs ended.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I am 19 and started watching it in 2008. I actually only started watching it after seeing Chirs Foundation in Dancing of Ice and thinking he was cute :o:p

My dad has started to watch it with me and he is 53, and my mam knows the storylines which are going on. She even thought she seen Silas' double in the town centre today :eek:
  • Options
    haygrandhaygrand Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 15 and have been watching for a year ^^
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh Nice thread. I've always wondered the ages of other HO viewers.
    I'm 19 and started watching when I was about 13 I think. My memory of the earlier stuff is very hazy though.
    Dare Devil wrote: »
    I miss so many of the characters that were so good between those times, compared to now, the amount of really good characters is significantly lowers now. Russ, Danni, Andy Holt, Sam Owen, Joe, Zoe, Will, Sarah, Sophie and Mel Burton, Justin, Kris Fisher, Lee Hunter (first time around), Dan and Ben, Dom, Louise.... I could go on, but there's so many.

Oh I miss these characters too they were brilliant! It's a shame, because they really do have some great characters in the show now, but their either wasting them or giving the screentime to the sh*t characters and it's dragging the show down. I do think getting rid of so many people at once and taking on so many new people at one was a bit of a mistake.

Saying that though I have been really enjoying it lately. I think it's improved quite a bit from the stuff we were seeing a while ago.
  • Options
    corkontheoceancorkontheocean Posts: 1,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    27 today and been watching Hollyoaks since I was 15 :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    I am 28 and been watching on and off since the start. I remember being at school and having to sneakily change the channel when it was my brother's turn to do the dinner dishes and my mum was busy bathing my sister! My DH is 36 in a couple of weeks and claims it is a teen soap but won't sit down and watch an episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    21, I've watched on off since the Dog Fire and on since about two years ago.

I'm surprised there is a lot of 'older' people watching, that's great! :)
  • Options
    sazb12sazb12 Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 22. I started watching the show years ago, on and off.

My earliest memory is of Mandy in school uniform and her dad chasing her or something like that, so that's a good while ago.

I have only watched it religiously though, since the end of 2006.