Comments

• Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....and just to really rub it in, the Wail have to print the pic of the gun to her head again.

She is a bimbo whatever she says. Sounds like her boyfriend's getting fed up with her too, so it looks as if she won't be a WAG for much longer.....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/helen-flanagans-love-hell-im-1546427
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,802
    Forum Member
    Is her boyfriend saying he needs her like a hole in the head?
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will be a trip to The Priory soon.:yawn:
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    she was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder

Shouldn't that be Centre of Attention Deficit Disorder?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I have no regrets going on I’m A Celebrity. It was the best time of my life"

If I'm A Celebrity is the best time of her life, she's had a shite life.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    pathetic attension seeking child

if you dont love me

I'll thcream and thcream til im thick!!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Goaty wrote: »

The Mail pretend to be outraged at the gun picture (saying "What kind of woman does this?" and it was tasteless etc, and yet, they print it again?! :rolleyes: Hypocritical ***** :rolleyes:
    Many DM articles seem to hate women :mad:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do smile at the pile-on that happens when someone posts a thread about the latest showbiz forum hate figure.

in a weird sort of way, the DS showbiz forum is almost as bad as the DM itself, since any attractive female celebrity generally receives the same treatment ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do smile at the pile-on that happens when someone posts a thread about the latest showbiz forum hate figure.

in a weird sort of way, the DS showbiz forum is almost as bad as the DM itself, since any attractive female celebrity generally receives the same treatment ..

Do you have a point to make about Helen?
    Posters are never the topic dear.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have a point to make about Helen?
    Posters are never the topic dear.:)

I don't generally participate in the pile-ons, no, but I think it's fair to make the observation though.

But I personally don't have an issue with the article - they've clearly requested an interview with her and she's consented. That fact does tend to get lost in the rush to trot out the usual soundbites though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the DM write up this interview differently in a few weeks with some different pictures - something most tabloids do quite often. When that happens, i'll keep an eye out for the subsequent thread in Showbiz complaining that she's "always in the papers" or words to that effect,. followed by the same people saying the same things they've probably spent years saying in the many cheryl cole threads :)
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    So you dont have a problem with the misogyny and hypocrisy in the article?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

I don't think it's particularly misogynistic or hypocritical, just an interview with someone who's a bimbo trying to make out she's 'deep' in order to give out a better opinion of herself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

Oh I have a problem with the DM in general and it's attitude towards women. And general hypocrisy overall, that's a given.

I just don't have a problem with the notion that a paper requests an interview with a celebrity and they grant that request. The implication - as usual - from a thread like this is that it was all down to Helen Flanagan wanting attention.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Goaty wrote: »

But then you've read it and brought it to everyone elses attention :D:confused:
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't generally participate in the pile-ons, no, but I think it's fair to make the observation though.

But I personally don't have an issue with the article - they've clearly requested an interview with her and she's consented. That fact does tend to get lost in the rush to trot out the usual soundbites though.

Really, what's your problem? Helen consented to an interview about how she's not thick and proceeded to then show precisely how thick she is. She can cloak it in ditziness or dizziness but it is, at base, thickness that she seems almost to glorify in and wear as a badge of honour. Which is why she annoys people. Thickness is not attractive.

This is the trouble with zelebs without talent: there's little else to comment on other than their attempts to remain in the spotlight. If she had a career, then at least there's that to comment on but all Helen offers is endless opportunities to comment upon how thick she is. That is Helen's problem, not anyone elses. The ball's in her court if she wants to be seen otherwise. When she stops being thick, then people will stop calling her thick. It's really as simple as that.

For the record, I think she's harmless, probably well-meaning in her own grimly limited way, pretty, and I loved her in Corrie and think it's a real shame that she hasn't managed to capitalise on that in terms of building an acting career.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I have a problem with the DM in general and it's attitude towards women. And general hypocrisy overall, that's a given.

I just don't have a problem with the notion that a paper requests an interview with a celebrity and they grant that request. The implication - as usual - from a thread like this is that it was all down to Helen Flanagan wanting attention.

She didn't need to do the interview.
    She did.
    She's up for discussion.:)
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't need to do the interview.
    She did.
    She's up for discussion.:)

Linking to an article and saying "Oh go away" doesn't strike me as an attempt to start a discussion. It just strikes me as bizarre - 'this woman doesn't deserve attention - let's all look at her'.

Either that or someone shouting 'Everyone look at my thread! I'm better than this attention seeking person!'
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    For the record, I think she's harmless, probably well-meaning in her own grimly limited way...

Pretty much beautifully sums up about 80% of current somewhat-list celebrities out there imo.

ps: anyone who does any kind of interview with tabloids and esp the Daily Mail is after publicity. Doesn't make them bad people, but their agents will feel it helps keep them in the spotlight while they have the public's attention.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Linking to an article and saying "Oh go away" doesn't strike me as an attempt to start a discussion. It just strikes me as bizarre - 'this woman doesn't deserve attention - let's all look at her'.

Either that or someone shouting 'Everyone look at my thread! I'm better than this attention seeking person!'

Why are you talking about a poster?:confused:

Do you have an opinion on the subject?:confused:

I think she's an out and out media-whoring brat and she is the subject.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »

Well exactly. People can't seem to make this connection. It's the same with Cole - people start endless threads about her every waking moment* and then complain about it.

(*exaggeration for effect, obviously ..)
    Really, what's your problem? Helen consented to an interview about how she's not thick and proceeded to then show precisely how thick she is

Can't quite see in the piece where she shows how "thick" she is, but anyway, I suspect something like this ..
    She tweeted that she had almost reversed over boyfriend Scott in her Land Rover after dropping him at Manchester Airport, not realising he was still unloading luggage from the boot. It was an attempt, she says, at self- deprecating humour but again it misfired.

.. if tweeted by a comedian, or a comedic actress, would have been considered mildly amusing. But since the perception of Flanagan is as it is, it's probably taken very, very seriously and not considered funny at all.

I can certainly understand self deprecating humour - I do it often enough myself, so I can certainly sympathize with her in that respect.

But then I suppose it comes down to interpretation again. You (not you specifically Lexi, obviously) like a celebrity, you "get" them. You dislike them, you pick apart everything they say or do.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you talking about a poster?:confused:

Do you have an opinion on the subject?:confused:

I think she's an out and out media-whoring brat and she is the subject.

Sorry to have confused you - likewise the OPs post confused me. What I was trying to bring to the discussion is the idea that linking to an article, (and in so doing, exposing the article to more people) is at odds with wishing she'd 'go away' because if anything, it's 'spreading her around'. If that point doesn't fit the subject well enough, I apologise.

Do I have an opinion on Helen? Not particularly. Hard to care too much one way or the other.

If you mean 'do I feel like joining in on calling someone names on the internet based on a couple of articles and TV appearances', no.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a showbiz forum; a place where we express opinions on celebrities; both good, bad or indifferent.

If anyone has any issue with the veracity of the posts or with individual forum members, might I respectfully suggest contacting the moderators?
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the record, I think she's harmless, probably well-meaning in her own grimly limited way, pretty, and I loved her in Corrie and think it's a real shame that she hasn't managed to capitalise on that in terms of building an acting career.

This. I think she seems quite nice. She's not the brightest bulb in the box, so what? I don't think she would go out of her way to hurt someone.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .. if tweeted by a comedian, or a comedic actress, would have been considered mildly amusing. But since the perception of Flanagan is as it is, it's probably taken very, very seriously and not considered funny at all.

I can certainly understand self deprecating humour - I do it often enough myself, so I can certainly sympathize with her in that respect.

But then I suppose it comes down to interpretation again. You (not you specifically Lexi, obviously) like a celebrity, you "get" them. You dislike them, you pick apart everything they say or do.

The above is fair comment - we do make allowances for those we get/like - but Helen would need far greater comedic abilities for her actions to be seen in a humorous or self-deprecating light because she comes across as so utterly self-involved and oblivious to the world around her.

Really, as I said, harmless, and in the scheme of things, deserves little more than an eyeroll, but for her own sake, she really should get a grip, see how irritating her very insular and self-involved take on things can be, and make an effort to build a career for herself that relies on something a little bit more substantial than this dopey dizzy ditzy persona.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Helen's problem is that she's been a star from the time she was very young and she's become very self absorbed and never thinks outside her little bubble. It doesn't look as if her parents have helped her through her growing up as she's turned into this silly brainless little girl type.

i doubt she'll get any acting jobs as she's been in Corrie too long and she's too identified with the role of Rosie. She'll probably be reduced to getting her knockers out for lads mags on a regular basis.