Options

Just rewatching BB7, and Imogen was quite nasty at times

Ashfield22121Ashfield22121 Posts: 2,823
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Considering all the hate Grace gets for being a total bitch, Imogen was quite sneaky and snide with some of her comments as well. :(

Did anyone else notice this? I wonder if she gets less remember like this because she was quite attractive.

Comments

• Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,112
    Forum Member
    Was it mainly against Richard? If so it may explain why they weren't seen as that bad, since Richard gives as good as he gets.

When I first watched BB7 I didn't like Imogen until about week 4, then by the end I thought quite highly of her. She seemed to be a good supportive friend to almost everyone in there.
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I agree Imogen could be sneaky....but I think Grace was worse
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The boos for her during week 5 (Lisa's eviction) were pretty deserved.
  • Options
    P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't really like her that much at the start when she was in the plastics as I found her to be "one of the bitchy group" and almost as bad as Sezer, Grace, Lisa which changed when Sam and Susie came in and she kind of took a backseat.
    I guess she was only bitchy around Sezer, Grace etc. but after Grace's eviction and especially towards the end I started to really like her.

Yes, she wasn't the most interesting but I liked the friendships that she'd made with Mikey and Glyn but also with people she disliked at the start such as Aisleyne, Susie (i don't know whether she really disliked her or whether it was just Grace + Mikey and she kind if went along with it) and Richard.

IMO the best friendships she made was with Ash and Glyn. I used to love their welsh conversations and it was great that when Imogen went into the HND she (sort of) stuck up for Ash when Mikey just pretended he hated her all along. And Imogen and Ash are one of my favourite BB friendships :)

I think I went a bit off topic there lol :p
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    there was a time where she was but then she became awesome and very likeable.
    i think it was toward the middle/end somewhat that she really got into a groove and was cool.

i started off not liking her and by the time the series ended i could've proposed marriage haha. :o
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    To me Imogen came across like someone at school who will just go along with people to try and fit into a group.I saw Sezer and Grace as the nasty ones and Imogen just kind of going along with it.Once Sezer and then Grace went she changed I think.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,112
    Forum Member
    P_P wrote: »
    I didn't really like her that much at the start when she was in the plastics as I found her to be "one of the bitchy group" and almost as bad as Sezer, Grace, Lisa which changed when Sam and Susie came in and she kind of took a backseat.
    I guess she was only bitchy around Sezer, Grace etc. but after Grace's eviction and especially towards the end I started to really like her.

Yes, she wasn't the most interesting but I liked the friendships that she'd made with Mikey and Glyn but also with people she disliked at the start such as Aisleyne, Susie (i don't know whether she really disliked her or whether it was just Grace + Mikey and she kind if went along with it) and Richard.

IMO the best friendships she made was with Ash and Glyn. I used to love their welsh conversations and it was great that when Imogen went into the HND she (sort of) stuck up for Ash when Mikey just pretended he hated her all along. And Imogen and Ash are one of my favourite BB friendships :)

I think I went a bit off topic there lol :p

Agree with this. I was impressed with Imogen going into the lion's den that was the HND when Grace, Nikki, Mikey and Lea were in there all revelling in their hatred of Aisleyne. Imogen had the balls to speak up for Aisleyne and tried to make Lea appreciate Aisleyne again.
    It would have been easier not to say anything especially since things got slightly heated with Grace, Mikey and Nikki.
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Imogen from day one, and not just because i fancied the pants off her.

She was indeed quite bitchy at times, but that year the house was full of bitches.
    Lisa, Nikki, Ash, Grace, Lea Jayne and even Jennie late on all liked a good bitch.
    But really, the vast majority of it was just girls letting of steam, and i think that can only be a good thing for hm's to do when you are locked up in a house with the same people 24/7 for weeks or months.

But Imogen was also a nice, friendly, laidback, girl who basically just wanted to have a nice time in there in her own quiet way.
    Also, very candid as well on the live feed, and never afraid to stand against her best mates - Glyn, Ash and Mikey - if she thought they were in the wrong.
    Also, had the nerve to tell Saint Pete off to his face and have a go in the dr at him as well.
    Also, the biggest belly laugh in that series.

Really good, solid supporting cast hm imho.
  • Options
    kwaku_agkwaku_ag Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    To me Imogen came across like someone at school who will just go along with people to try and fit into a group.I saw Sezer and Grace as the nasty ones and Imogen just kind of going along with it.Once Sezer and then Grace went she changed I think.

Also, whenever she had a conversation with someone, she would always agree with them. 'Yeah babe, me too, I feel the same, babe', 'I completely get where you're coming babe'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Agree with this. I was impressed with Imogen going into the lion's den that was the HND when Grace, Nikki, Mikey and Lea were in there all revelling in their hatred of Aisleyne. Imogen had the balls to speak up for Aisleyne and tried to make Lea appreciate Aisleyne again.
    It would have been easier not to say anything especially since things got slightly heated with Grace, Mikey and Nikki.

I'll never get why Nikki hated Ash. It should've been clear the minute she left that Aisleyne actually really cared for her. But then again, that's implying that Nikki Grahame is a rational thinking person...
  • Options
    onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    Booyah wrote: »
    I'll never get why Nikki hated Ash. It should've been clear the minute she left that Aisleyne actually really cared for her. But then again, that's implying that Nikki Grahame is a rational thinking person...

wasn't there a whole drama with pete? aislyne was in his bed and starting to become friendly with him as did every girl in the house and they all started fighting, it's been awhile since i watched bb7.
  • Options
    DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quirkyquirk: it simply isn't accurate to say she went along with the others.

As i said before, she went against the likes of Glyn and Mikey to stick up for Susie.
    She stood up for Ash in the bedroom against Nikki and Jayne, when she could easily have just let their bitching go thru one ear and out the other.
    Spoke her mind to Pete.
    First one to put her hand up when asked who liked Ash.

Imogen was in with some loud, colourful characters, while she was pretty normal and laidback and not one for ranting and raving to try and get her points across.
    Being that way, in that series, at that time, harmed her as a hm in terms of popularity.
    Being like Imogen was very uncool that year!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dixon wrote: »
    quirkyquirk: it simply isn't accurate to say she went along with the others.

As i said before, she went against the likes of Glyn and Mikey to stick up for Susie.
    She stood up for Ash in the bedroom against Nikki and Jayne, when she could easily have just let their bitching go thru one ear and out the other.
    Spoke her mind to Pete.
    First one to put her hand up when asked who liked Ash.

Imogen was in with some loud, colourful characters, while she was pretty normal and laidback and not one for ranting and raving to try and get her points across.
    Being that way, in that series, at that time, harmed her as a hm in terms of popularity.
    Being like Imogen was very uncool that year!

Erm,I think you might want to go back and read my post.I said once Sezer and Grace went she changed.I agree with everything you said but she was just like a puppet while them two were there.She wasn't close to Aisylene or Susie at first.In fact she disgusted me on the night when Grace was evicted because Grace turned to her and said "Shall I throw that glass of water at her" or something like that and Imogen replied "Do what you've gotta do babe".And then after it happened and Grace had gone she was standing in the room with Mikey and Lisa laughing about it.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What made it clear?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Veri wrote: »
    What made it clear?

Well, as soon it was announced that she'd been evicted, Ash was the first to stand up and hug her, even though she was sitting across the room, and was the first one to try to comfort her and make sure she was okay.
  • Options
    ShadowTillNowShadowTillNow Posts: 2,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't so nice, no. I never really had much of an opinion of her either way though, she was dull and uneventful, but her association with Grace was her main mistake overall. I remember thinking that maybe she might have been a fun HM had she hung out with some of the others who, you know, actually had fun. Grace was like the ultimate fun-sucker and everyone around her ended up the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, as soon it was announced that she'd been evicted, Ash was the first to stand up and hug her, even though she was sitting across the room, and was the first one to try to comfort her and make sure she was okay.

That isn't quite right. Ash wasn't sitting across the room (she was on the next piece of furniture to the right), and she wasn't the first to try to comfort her (that was Pete). She may have been the first both to stand up and give Nikki a hug, but the hug was pretty quick.

But in any case, how does that show Ash actually really cared for her? It doesn't erase things Ash did at other times that suggest something rather different. (And did Ash really think Nikki was going to Australia?)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't so nice, no. I never really had much of an opinion of her either way though, she was dull and uneventful, but her association with Grace was her main mistake overall. I remember thinking that maybe she might have been a fun HM had she hung out with some of the others who, you know, actually had fun. Grace was like the ultimate fun-sucker and everyone around her ended up the same.
    Grace had more fun than most, and the period with the least fun was after she'd gone.

Perhaps you're confusing her with Carole from bb8.

:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Grace had more fun than most, and the period with the least fun was after she'd gone.

Perhaps you're confusing her with Carole from bb8.

:confused:

I saw no fun involving Grace. Only her going out the door. That was fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw no fun involving Grace

I did. But I watched a lot live and don't remember what made the highlights and what didn't.

Even some of Grace and Nikki's complaining about Susie was done by making costumes and dancing the the garden.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I saw no fun involving Grace. Only her going out the door. That was fun.

And her face when she heard the crowd chanting to get her out. :D I might be wrong but I think that was the first time that happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And her face when she heard the crowd chanting to get her out. :D I might be wrong but I think that was the first time that happened.

Her face really was a picture!
  • Options
    nanna7nanna7 Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imogen was one of my faves even thought she was a lovely girl and really enjoyed her time in the house at the time she was the longest lasting female , i liked her friendship with ash and glynn loved the way she was the only female not to fawn over pete [never could see what everyone liked about him] i would have loved imogen to win that year, and i thought the most bitchy one in there was richard my 3rd most hated hm ever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    BB7 was the best IMO
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most amusing thing about Imogen was that, for one reason or another she didn't nominate properly until Week 6

Week 1. No-one nommed because of the Big Brotherhood task
    Week 2 She was banned from nomming for talking about noms with Sezer
    Week 3 Banned from nomming because she had told the other HM she had been banned from nomming the previous week
    Week 4 Only Suzie nommed as the Golden Housemate
    Week 5 Along with Glyn, Lea, Lisa and Nikki she was banned from nomming properly for talking about noms. Instead all five of them had only one nom and had to nom one of the other rule-breakers in front of everyone